GATE Application Form 2021: IIT Bombay has made available the GATE 2021 Registration window from today, September 14 to 30, 2020. GATE 2021 Application form is now available on the official website i.e. gate.iitb.ac.in. Interested candidates can apply for GATE Exam 2021 from the official website or through a direct link provided in this page
GATE 2021 Application Form is made available through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). It is advised that candidates check their GATE eligibility criteria 2021 before filling out the application form. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding GATE Exam 2021 Registration. Read on to find out everything about GATE 2021 Application Form.
|Latest September 14: GATE 2021 Registration Opens and Candidates can now apply for the same – Here.|
GATE 2021 Application Form
Before applying for GATE 2021, candidates have to register first. After that only can they fill the GATE 2021 registration form. We will provide the direct link of the GATE Application Form in this article:
|GATE Official Website Live From||July 16, 2020|
|Beginning of Online Application Filling||September 14, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply and Submit the Application Fee||September 30, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply with Late Fee||October 7, 2020|
|Last Date to change category, paper & exam city|
(with an extra fee)
|November 13, 2020|
|Release of GATE Admit Card||January 8, 2021|
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|February 5, 2021|
February 6, 2021
February 7, 2021
February 12, 2021
February 13, 2021
February 14, 2021
|Announcement of GATE Results||March 22, 2021|
Aspirants must enter the details regarding family, education, address, exam centre choices, and upload the necessary documents such as photo, signature in the application form. It is to be noted that candidates must fill up the GATE application form within the specified time. No application form will be accepted by the conducting body after the deadline.
GATE 2021 Registration Process
Candidates who are willing to fill out the GATE 2021 Application Form must follow the 6 easy steps which are listed below:
- – 1st Step – Registration Process Through GOAPS
- – 2nd Step – Application Form Filling
- – 3rd Step – Uploading Necessary Documents
- – 4th Step – Processing The application Fee
- – 5th Step – Preview Of GATE Application Form
- – 6th Step – Final Submission of GATE 2021 Application Form
3 Basic Steps Of GATE 2021 Application Form
The three basic steps to fill GATE Application Form are listed below:
- GATE Application Form – GOAPS Registration
Before filling out the application form, candidates must first register themselves at the official website of GOAPS. Candidates must enter their full name which is as mentioned in their qualifying degree certificate. Along with their full name candidates must also enter a valid e-mail address, mobile number, and password. Any information related to the GATE 2021 exam will be communicated through the registered mobile number and email address only. It is to be noted that one person can register with one email address only. So, it is advised to use the personal mobile number and e-mail address because most of the communication will be through e-mail and/or SMS.
- GATE Application Form – GOAPS Enrollment ID
Each candidate who has registered through the GOAPS website will receive an Enrollment ID. This Enrollment ID will be sent to candidates registered mobile number and email ID. Candidates Enrollment ID is used for further processes such as filling the GATE Application Form, downloading the Admit Card, etc.
- GATE Application Form – GOAPS Password
He/She must choose a password during the GATE GOAPS Registration Process. This GATE password must be used by candidates along with the GOAPS Enrollment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly recommended to candidates to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd). Candidates must keep their password information safe, secure, and confidential.
GATE Online Application Requirements
Before filling the application form, candidates must have the following documents in order to complete their application form filling process:
Documents Required for GATE 2021
- Scanned copies of candidates photograph
- Scanned copies of candidates signature
- Education certificates (SSC and HSC)
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo)
- For final year students (copy of mark sheet of the fifth/sixth/seventh semester)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (if applicable)
- Candidates of professional equivalent qualifications, AMIE will have to mention their mark sheet for Section A of AMIE
- Foreign candidates must submit any of the following proof that is Passport/Government Issued ID/College ID/Employee ID
GATE Application Process 2020-21
As mentioned above, candidates must register themselves through the GOAPS website. They must enter the following details for registration:
- a. Candidates Name (First, Middle, and Sur Name)
- b. Email ID
- c. Mobile Number
- d. Password for further login.
- After entering the following details candidates should click on “Submit” to generate Enrollment Ed.
- Your “Enrollment ID” will be sent to the registered email ID and phone number.
- Now candidates must enter the “Email/Enrolment ID and Password” to login.
- Tick the declaration and click “Start Filling GATE 2021 Application Form”.
How To Fill GATE Application Form?
Now with the help of the unique ID and password, candidates must log in and start filling up the GATE application form. The following details must be entered in the online application form:
- – 1st Step: Exam Details – In this part fill details such as Number of papers appearing, select Paper 1 and select Examination City.
- – 2nd Step: Personal Details – Here the aspirants must enter the personal details such as name, parents’ name, birth date, etc.
- – 3rd Step: Correspondence Address – Here enter Pin Code, Address, State, City, etc.
- – 4th Step: Qualifying Degree Details – In this section, candidates must enter his/her qualifications from SSC to graduation. Candidates are advised to fill this part of the application carefully. In case the officials find any disparency in detail, then they would reject the application form.
- – 5th Step: Upload Documents – In this section, the candidates must submit his/her photo identity proof, Signature. Any of the following proof must be uploaded in the prescribed format:
- a. Aadhaar Card
- b. Passport
- c. Driving License
- d. PAN Card
- e. Voter ID
- f. College ID
- g. Employee Identification Card
- h. Notarized Affidavit with Photo
GATE 2021 Application Form 2021: Uploading Necessary Documents
Now candidates must upload the necessary scanned documents in the GATE Application form 2021. The documents to be uploaded are listed below:
- a. Passport size photographs
- b. Photo Id
- c. Signature of the candidate
|Documents and Format||Size||Maximum & Minimum Resolution|
|Photograph – JPEG||5KB to 200KB||Max: 480 x 640 pixels |
Min: 240 x 320 pixels
|Signature – JPEG||5KB to 200KB||Max: 160 x 560 pixels |
Min: 80 x 280 pixels
|Photo ID||10KB to 600KB||Max: 160 x 560 pixels |
Min: 80 x 280 pixels
GATE Application Form: Photograph Specifications
The photograph specifications for GATE 2021 Application Form are listed below:
- All aspirants must upload only good quality photographs in the GATE Application Form 2021.
- Candidates must upload the recent photograph in the application form.
- The candidates must upload a passport size photograph with a size of 3.5 cm width and 4.5 cm height.
- The photograph of the candidate must be in colour and it should be taken after 1st August 2019 in a professional studio.
- Candidates must not upload the photographs which are taken using a mobile phone or other devices.
- Selfie photographs will be rejected in the GATE Application Form.
- For more convenience, request a photo studio to provide the image of your photo in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5cm (Width × Height) print.
- The maximum size for JPEG can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Megapixel) (Request photo studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher).
- The minimum size for JPEG should be 240×320 pixels.
- The background of the photograph must be white or a light colour.
GATE Online Form: Signature Specifications
The signature specifications for GATE 2021 Application Form are listed below:
- A Candidate must draw a rectangular box of 2cm X 7cm (Height X Width) size on a white A4 sheet. Candidates must sign their signature in the rectangular box with a black or dark blue colour ink pen. The dimension of the signature (Height × Width) must be at least 70~80% of the box size.
- Aspirants who sign in a colour other than black or blue ink pen will not be accepted by the officials.
- All Candidates must upload the digital image of the rectangular box which should be scanned using a professional scanner.
- Candidates should crop the border of the rectangular box.
- Aspirants must upload only JPEG images since only JPEG format will be accepted in GATE Application Form.
- The maximum image size for the signature is 160X560 pixels.
- The minimum image size for the signature is 80×280 pixels.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the applicant’s signature, at the time of examination, does not match the signature on the Admit Card, the applicant will be disqualified.
Payment Of GATE Application Fee 2021
Now candidates must make payment of the GATE online fee. The fee varies based on the candidate’s category. Below is the application fee for different categories:
|Candidates Category||GATE Application Fees||Fees during the extended period|
|Male (General, OBC and Others)||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,000|
|Women (All Category)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,250|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,250|
|International Students – Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
|International Students – Addis Ababa Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
Final Submission Of GATE Online Form 2020-21
Preview of GATE 2021 Application Form
Now candidates must preview their GATE 2021 Application Form after entering their details. While previewing candidates must check the details that they have entered carefully and made the necessary changes if required.
After previewing the GATE Application Form 2021, candidates must click on the Submit button in order to submit the application form. Before final submission, candidates must check the details that they have entered. After submitting, take the screenshot of the acknowledgement page or confirmation page.
GATE Application Form 2021: Correction Window
Once the GATE Application form correction window is opened, the aspirants can make necessary changes in the GATE 2021 application form. When the correction window is opened, the officials will publish the notice regarding the same. Also, officials will ask the candidates to make the necessary changes.
In order to make the changes in the GATE Application Form 2020-21, candidates must log in with the help of their unique ID and password. The list of changes that can be made in the application form is given below:
- Date of Birth
- PwD Status
- Details of Parents/ Guardian/ Correspondence address
- Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities
- College name and location, Roll no, Registration no.
- Exam Paper
- Exam City
GATE Online Form Scrutiny & Rectification
All the GATE 2021 Applications that are submitted will be examined by officials. They will check the accuracy of the date, list of documents uploaded, photograph and signature. If everything is found to be correct in the application form, then the officials will accept it.
If the officials find any defects in GATE 2021 Online Application, then the officials will mark the form and intimate the candidates for the rectification. Candidates must make the necessary changes in the application form within stipulated timings.
The GATE Application Form Status and defects identified will be intimated to candidates either by email or SMS. After the changes are made, the status of the application form will be updated after its receipt and scrutiny by the respective zonal GATE office.
The status of your GATE Application can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS. Candidates should act quickly in rectifying the mistakes in the GATE Application and definitely before the stipulated deadline. Failing to correct the mistakes within the specified time can lead to the rejection of the GATE application.
GATE Application Form 2018 Analysis
The GATE Application Form Analysis for the year 2018 is tabulated below:
|Total Registered Candidates||
Total No of Appeared Candidates
FAQs Regarding GATE 2021 Application Form
The frequently asked questions regarding GATE Application Form 2021 are listed below:
A. No, the GATE Application Form 2021 will be available only in online mode.
A. Aspirants can modify the information provided on the GATE Application Form when the correction window is open.
A. No, GATE 2021 is not compulsory for all.
A. The documents to be uploaded in GATE 2021 Application Form are listed below:
a. Passport Size Photographs
b. Photo Id Proof
c. Signature of the Candidate
d. Photo ID proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo)
A. The registration for GATE 2021 has started. Candidates can visit the official website or check out the direct link provided in this article and apply online.
A. The last date for GATE application form 2021 with late fee is 7th October 2020.
A. Candidates who are interested in GATE 2021 exam must register themselves online at the official website of FATE – gate.iitd.ac.in. The GATE Regsitaryion Process involves:
a. Registration Process Through GOAPS
b. GATE Application Form Filling
c. Uploading Documents
d. Paying GATE Application Fee
e. Preview of GATE Application Form
f. Final Submission of GATE 2020-21 Application Form
A. The GATE Application window is open till 30th September 2020.
A. Yes, candidates can choose up to 3 exam centres while filling out the GATE Application Form.
A. A candidate can apply for only 1 out of 25 papers.
A. No, the candidate must appear for the GATE Paper as per their discipline or degree stream.
A. No GATE Application Form 2021 will be available only in online mode. Candidates who wish to take GATE 2021 exam must fill out the application form in online mode.
A. No, you must use only one email address to fill out the GATE Application Form. It is also advised that candidates do not fill out the multiple GATE application forms. If officials come across multiple application forms, then they will reject his/her GATE Online Form.
A. A candidate can choose up to 3 exam centres while filling out the GATE Application Form.
A. If there is internet issue or power failure while filling out the GATE 2021 Application Form, candidates are advised to close the window and reopen through the GOAPS website and start filling out the GATE Application again.
A. If your Power/Internet connection fails, close the window and login back to the GOAPS website. After login into the GOAPS website, check for the GATE Application Fee payment status. If the status is showing paid then print your GATE Application Form.
If the GATE Application Fee Payment is unsuccessful, then check the transaction status from your bank account. In case the amount is debited from your bank account, but you did not get any acknowledgement regarding the GATE Application Fee, then the money will be credited back to your bank account. The officials will refund your money as soon as possible.
A. The GATE Application fee will be refunded to the candidates after a week or more, after the closure of the GATE application process.
A. Candidates can check their GATE 2021 Application Status from the official website of GOAPS by logging in.
A. No, candidates should not send any printout of GATE Application form to IIT Bombay or any other GATE zonal offices.
A. If you are an Indian student applying for GATE 2021 exam, then you may submit any of the following proof:
2. PAN Card
3. Voter ID
5. College ID
6. Employee ID and
7. Driving License
A. Foreign students must submit the following documents – Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID.
A. It is to be noted this field of GATE Application process is for PwD candidates only. So, other candidates can ignore this field.
A. Yes, the officials will initiate the GATE correction window after the GATE Application Process is completed.
A. Candidates are advised not to worry if their GATE 2021 Application is under scrutiny or investigation. The scrutiny team processes your application form. Only those candidates whose applications need to be corrected in photo/signature/supporting documents will be contacted by email and SMS. The GATE Application scrutiny process will continue even after the GATE application portal is closed.
A. Yes, candidates can change their category during the GATE application correction window.
A. Yes, candidates can request for change of their GATE exam centre after the GATE Registration is over.
A. No, candidates cannot change their exam paper after the submission of GATE Application.
A. GATE Online Application Process System (GOAPS ) is an online portal which is being used by both students and conducting authority to update the information about GATE.
Now you are provided with all the necessary information regarding GATE Application 2020-21. We hope this detailed article was helpful.
If you have any queries regarding this article, reach out to us through the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for more updates and news on GATE Application Form 2021.2581 Views