GATE Application Form 2020 – IIT Delhi, India has released the GATE Application Form 2020 and GATE 2020 exam is scheduled to be held from 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2019. The GATE Application is available only in online mode. The GATE application form 2020 will be through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) and the aspirants who wish to take GATE 2020 exam must fill the application form of GATE to appear for the examination. It is advised to candidates to check their GATE eligibility criteria 2020 before filling out the application form of GATE 2020. In order to fill up the GATE 2020 application form, candidates must first register themselves online in conducting body (IIT Delhi) website.
In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding GATE application form 2020. Read on to find out everything about GATE Application form 2020.
Latest Update – IIT Delhi has extended the last date to submit GATE Application Form 2020 by 2 day. Now candidates can apply with normal fee until September 26, 2019. From September 27 to October 1, a late fee of Rs. 500 will be charged above the application fee amount for filling the form. After October 01, no candidate will be allowed to apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering-2020.
GATE Application Form Date 2020
Before getting into the details of GATE Application form 2020, let’s take a look at the important dates regarding GATE 2020:
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||3rd September 2019|
|Closing Date for Submission of (Online) GATE Application (through Website)||24th September 2019
Extended Date – 26th September 2019
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) GATE Application (through Website)||1st October 2019|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||15th November 2019|
|GATE Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Examination
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|1st February 2020
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
|GATE Results||16th March 2020|
Those candidates who registered successfully can fill out the GATE application form 2020. Aspirants must enter the details regarding family, education, address, exam centres choices and upload the necessary documents such as photo, signature in the GATE 2020 application form. It is to be noted that candidates must fill up the GATE 2020 application form within the specified time. No application form will be accepted by the conducting body after the deadline.
GATE Application Form 2020 – Registration Process
Candidates who are willing to fill out the GATE 2020 Application form must follow the 6 easy steps which are listed below:
- Step 1 – Registration process through GOAPS
- Step 2 – Application form filling
- Step 3 – Uploading necessary documents
- Step 4 – Processing the application fees
- Step 5 – Preview of GATE Application form
- Step 6 – Final submission of GATE 2020 application form
3 Basic Steps of GATE Application Form 2020
The three basic steps to fill GATE Application Form are listed below:
- GATE Application Form – GOAPS Registration
Before filling out the GATE 2020 Application Form, candidates must first register themselves at the official website of GOAPS . Candidates must enter their full name which is as mentioned in their qualifying degree certificate. Along with their full name candidates must also enter valid e-mail address, mobile number and password. Any information related to the GATE 2020 exam will be communicated through registered candidates mobile number and email address only. It is to be noted that one person can register with one email address only. So it is advised candidates to give the personal mobile number and e-mail address because most of the communication will be through e-mail and/or SMS.
- GATE Application Form – GOAPS Enrollment ID
Each candidate who has registered through GOAPS website will receive an Enrollment Id. This enrollment id will be sent to candidates registered mobile number and email id. Candidates Enrollment ID is used for further process such as GATE Application Form, Admit Card etc.,
- GATE Application Form – GOAPS Password
He/She must choose a password during the GATE GOAPS Registration Process. This GATE password must be recognised by candidates along with the GOAPS Enrollment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly recommended to candidates to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd). Candidates must keep their password information safe, secure and confidential.
GATE Application Form Requirements 2020
Before filling the GATE 2020 Application Form, candidates must have the following documents in order to complete their application form filling process.
GATE Application Form Documents Required
- Scanned copies of candidates photograph
- Scanned copies of candidates signature
- Education certificates (SSC and HSC)
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo)
- For year students (copy of mark sheet of the fifth/sixth/seventh semester)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (if applicable)
- Candidates of professional equivalent qualifications, AMIE will have to mention their mark sheet for Section A of AMIE
- Foreign candidates must submit any of the following proof that is Passport/Government Issued ID/College ID/Employee ID
GATE Application Form 2020 – GATE Application Process
Before filling out the GATE 2020 Application form, candidates must register themselves through GOAPS website. While the process of GATE 2020 Registration, candidates must enter the following details:
- a. Candidates Name
- b. Email ID
- c. Mobile Number
- d. Password for further login.
- After entering the following details candidates should click on “Submit”.
- Soon the conducting body will send OTP (one-time password) to the registered email id and phone number.
- Now candidates must enter the OTP and click on login.
- After clicking on the login button the officials will generate a unique ID and candidates must use this unique ID for filling up the GATE Application form 2020.
GATE Application Form 2020 – How To Fill GATE Online Form?
Now with the help of unique id and password, candidates must start filling up the GATE application form. The following details must be entered in the GATE 2020 application form:
- Personal Details – Here the aspirants must enter the personal details such as name, parents name, birth date etc.
- Academics Details – In this section candidates must enter his/her qualifications from SSC to graduation. Candidates are advised to fill this part of the application carefully. In case if the officials find any disparency in details, then they would reject application form.
- Contact Details – Here the aspirants must enter their contact details such as their residential address.
- Selection of Paper – There will be a total of 24 papers out of which candidate must select one paper. Before selecting a paper, Candidate must check the eligibility criteria of the paper carefully and select the paper.
- GATE Exam Centre – Here the candidates must have the choice of selecting 3 exam centres based on their preferences. Based on the candidate’s preference, the officials will allocate the exam centre.
- Photo Identity Proof – In this section, the candidates must submit his/her photo identity proof. Any of the following proof should be submitted:
- a. Aadhaar Card
- b. Passport
- c. Driving License
- d. PAN Card
- e. Voter ID
- f. College ID
- g. Employee Identification Card
- h. Notarized Affidavit with Photo
GATE Application Form 2020 – Uploading Necessary Documents
Now candidates must upload the necessary scanned documents in the GATE Application form 2020. The documents to be uploaded in GATE 2020 Application Form are listed below:
- a. Passport size photographs
- b. Left-hand thumb impressions
- c. Signature of the candidate
Documents and Format
Max & Min Resolution
|Photograph – JPEG||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||Maximum Resolution: 480 x 640 pixels
Minimum Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
|Signature – JPEG||2 cm X 7 cm||Maximum Resolution: 160 x 560 pixels
Minimum Resolution: 80 x 280 pixels
|Thumb Impression – JPEG||2 cm X 7 cm||Maximum Resolution: 160 x 560 pixels
Minimum Resolution: 80 x 280 pixels
GATE Application Form – Photograph Specifications
- Candidates must upload only good quality photographs in the GATE Application Form.
- Candidates must upload the recent photograph in the GATE Application Form 2020.
- The Candidates must upload passport size photograph with a size of 3.5 cm width and 4.5 cm height. Candidates must submit the photograph which has the candidates face in the GATE 2020 Application Form.
- The photograph of the candidate must be in colour and it should be taken after 1st August 2019 in a professional studio.
- Candidates must not upload the photographs which are taken using a mobile phone or other devices.
- Selfie photographs will be rejected in the GATE Application Form.
- For more convenience, request photo studio to provide the image of your photo in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5cm (Width × Height) print the GATE Application Form.
- Maximum size for JPEG can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Megapixel) (Request photo studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher) the GATE Application Form.
- Minimum size for JPEG should be 240×320 pixels the GATE Application Form.
- Background of the photograph must be white or a light colour in the GATE Application Form.
GATE Application Form – Sample Photograph is given below:
GATE Application Form – Signature Specifications
The signature specifications in GATE 2020 Application Form are listed below:
- Candidates must draw a rectangular box in the size of 2cm X 7cm (Height X Width) on an A4 sheet which is in the white colour paper. Candidates must sign their signature in the rectangular box with black or dark blue colour ink pen. The dimension of the signature (Height × Width) must be at least 70~80% of the box size which is preferred.
- Candidates who sign in another colour other than black or blue ink pen will not be accepted by the officials.
- Candidates must upload the digital image of the rectangular box which should be scanned using a professional scanner.
- Candidates should crop the border of the rectangular box.
- Aspirants must upload only JPEG image since only JPEG format will be accepted in GATE Application Form.
- The signature image size must be of 160X560 pixels only.
- The minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the applicant’s signature, at the time of examination, does not match the signature on the Admit Card, the applicant will be disqualified.
Payment of GATE Application Form Fees 2020
Now candidates must process the GATE application form fee payment. The GATE Application form fee varies based on the candidate’s category. The GATE Application Form fee for different categories are tabulated below:
|Candidates Category||GATE 2020 Application Fees||Fees during the extended period|
|Male (General, OBC and Others)||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,000|
|Women (All Category)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,250|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,250|
|International Students – Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
|International Students – Addis Ababa Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
Preview of GATE Application Form 2020
Now candidates must preview their GATE 2020 Application Form after entering their details. While previewing candidates must check the details that they have entered carefully and make the necessary changes if you find any mistakes.
Final Submission of GATE Application Form 2020
After previewing the GATE Application Form 2020, candidates must click on the button submit in order to submit the application form. Before final submission, candidates must check the details that they have entered. After submitting, take the screenshot of the acknowledgement page or confirmation page.
GATE Application Form 2020 – Correction Window
Once the GATE Application form correction window will be available by the 1st week of October 2019. When the GATE Correction window is open, the aspirants can make the necessary changes in the GATE 2020 application form. When the correction window is opened, the officials will publish the notice regarding the same. Also, officials will ask the candidates to make the necessary changes whichever is found the unsatisfied. In order to make the changes in GATE Application form 2020, candidates must log in with the help of their unique ID and password. The list of changes that can be made in the GATE 2020 Application form is given below:
- Date of Birth
- PwD Status
- Details of Parents/ Guardian/ Correspondence address
- Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities
- College name and location, Roll no, Registration no.
- Exam Paper
- Exam City
GATE Application Form Scrutiny and Rectification
All the GATE 2020 Applications which are submitted for GATE exam will be examined by officials. They will check the accuracy of the date, list of documents uploaded, photograph and signature. Is everything is found to correct in the GATE Application form, then the officials will accept the GATE Application Form. If the officials find any defects in GATE 2020 Application, then the officials will mark the GATE Application Form and intimate the candidates for the rectification. Candidates must make the necessary changes in the GATE Application Form within stipulated timings.
The GATE Application Form Status and defects identified in the Application Form will be intimated to candidates either by email or SMS. After the changes are made, the current status of GATE Application Form will be updated after its receipt and scrutiny by the respective zonal GATE office. The status of your GATE Application can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS. Candidates should act quickly in rectifying the mistakes in the GATE Application and definitely before the stipulated deadline. Failing to correct the mistakes within the specified time can lead to the rejection of the GATE application.
GATE Application Form 2018 Analysis
The GATE Application Form Analysis for the year 2018 is tabulated below:
|Total Registered Candidates||
Total No of Appeared Candidates
FAQs Regarding GATE Application Form 2020
The frequently asked questions regarding GATE Application Form 2020 are listed below:
Q1. Is GATE 2020 Application Form available in offline mode?
A: No, the GATE Application Form 2020 will be only in Online mode.
Q2. How can I change my GATE Application Form?
A: Aspirants can modify the information present in the GATE Application form when the correction window is open.
Q3. Is Gate 2020 compulsory for all?
A: No, GATE 2020 is not compulsory for all.
Q4. What are the documents required for GATE 2020 Application Form?
A: The documents to be uploaded in GATE 2020 Application Form are listed below:
- a. Passport size photographs
- b. Left-hand thumb impressions
- c. Signature of the candidate
- d. Photo ID proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo)
Q5. When can I apply for GATE 2020?
A: The registration for GATE 2020 exam will be available on 3rd September 2019. Once the GATE application is made available, candidates can visit the official website and apply online.
Q6. What is the last date for GATE Application Form?
A: The last date for GATE application form 2020 is on 24th September 2019.
Q7. What is the GATE Registration Process?
A: Candidates who are interested in GATE 2020 exam must register themselves online at the official website of gate.iitd.ac.in. The GATE Regsitaryion Process is listed below:
- Registration process through GOAPS
- GATE Application form filling
- Uploading documents
- GATE Application Fee
- Preview of GATE Application form
- Final submission of GATE 2020 application form
Q8. When would the application window open for GATE 2020?
A. The GATE Application window will be available from 3rd September 2019.
Q9. Can I choose the GATE Exam Center while filling out the GATE Application Form?
A. Yes, candidates can choose up to 3 exam centres while filling out the GATE Application Form.
Q10. For how many GATE papers can I apply?
A. A candidate can apply for only 1 paper out of 25 papers.
Q11. Can I appear for any of the GATE Papers?
A. No, the candidate must appear for the GATE Paper which is suitable to their suitable discipline or degree stream.
Q12. Is GATE Application Form available in offline mode?
A. No GATE Application Form 2020 will be available only in online mode. Candidates who wish to take GATE 2020 exam must fill out the application form.
Q13. Can I use more than one email id to fill out the multiple GATE Application Forms?
A. No, he/she must use only one email address to fill out the GATE Application Form. It is also advised to candidates not to fill out the multiple GATE application forms and if officials come across multiple application forms, then they will reject his/her GATE Online Form.
Q14. How many exam centres should I choose while filling out the GATE Application Form?
A. A candidate can choose up to 3 exam centres while filling out the GATE Application Form.
Q15. What to do, when the internet connection is lost while filling out the GATE Application Form?
A. Suppose if there is internet issues or power failure while filling out the GATE 2020 Application Form, candidates are advised to close the window and reopen through the GOAPS website and start filling out the GATE Application again.
Q16. What do I do, if the internet/power connection fails while paying the GATE Application Form Fee?
A. Suppose if your Power/Internet connection fails, close the window and login back to the GOAPS website. After login into the GOAPS website, check for the GATE Application Fee payment status. If the status is showing paid then print your GATE Application Form.
If the GATE Application Fee Payment is unsuccessful, then check the transaction status from your bank account. In case is the amount has been debited from your bank account, but if you did not get any acknowledgement regarding GATE Application Fee, then the money will be credited back to your bank account. The officials will refund your money as soon as possible.
Q17. When will I get a refund of GATE Application Form Fee?
A. The GATE Application Form fee will be refunded to the candidates after a week or more, after the closure of the GATE application process.
Q18. How will I Know the GATE Application Form Status?
A. Candidates can check their GATE 2020 Application Status from the official website of GOAPS by logging in.
Q19. Should I send out the GATE Application Form 2020 printout to the GATE IIT Delhi?
A. No, candidates should not send any printout of GATE Application form to IIT Delhi or any other GATE zonal offices.
Q20. Which identity document or ID can I submit in GATE Application Form 2020 if I am an Indian Student?
A. If you are an Indian student applying for GATE 2020 exam, then you may submit any of the following proof:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- College ID
- Employee ID and
- Driving License
Q21. Which Identity proof should I submit if I am a Foreign Student?
A. Candidates who are applying under foreign student must submit the following documents – Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID.
Q22. When I was filling GATE Application Form 2020, there is no option of ‘Will be able to climb staircase’ but after save and view option it shows this option with “No” as the answer. How to correct it?
A. It is to be noted this field of GATE Application Form is for PwD candidates only. So other candidates can ignore this field.
Q23. Is there any correction window in GATE Application Form 2020?
A. Yes, the officials will initiate the GATE Correction window after the GATE Application Process is completed.
Q24. My GATE 2020 application status is under investigation. What should I do now?
A. Candidates are advised not to worry if their GATE 2020 Application Form is under Scrutiny or investigation. The scrutiny team process your GATE application form. Only those candidates whose applications need to be corrected in photo/signature/supporting documents will be contacted by email and SMS. The GATE Application scrutiny process will continue even after the GATE application portal is closed.
Q25. After submission of the GATE application form, can I change my Category?
A. Yes, candidates can change their category and change of candidates category in GATE Application Form will be received till November 4, 2019. Any request after 4th November won’t be considered.
Q26. Can I change my GATE Exam City after the submission of GATE Application Form?
A. Yes, candidates can request for change of their GATE Exam Center after the GATE Application process is over.
Q27. After I submit My GATE Application Form, can I change my Exam Paper?
A. No candidates cannot change their exam paper after the submission of GATE Application Form.
Q28. What is GATE Online Application Process System?
A. GATE Online Application Process System (GOAPS ) is an online portal which is being used by both students and conducting authority to update the information about GATE.
Now that you are provided all the necessary information regarding GATE Application form 2020 and we hope this detailed article on GATE 2020 Application form is helpful. If you have any query regarding this article, reach us through the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for more updates and news on GATE Application Form 2020.