GATE Exam Date 2021: The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B) has released the GATE Exam Date 2021 on the official website – gate.iitb.ac.in. The exam will be conducted on February 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 2021. The information brochure has been released on the official website and the GATE 2021 application form will be made available shortly. The registration process will start from 14th September 2020 (Monday) and the last date for registration is 30th September 2020 and with late fee is 7th October 2020.
Eligible candidates can apply for the exam from the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) once the link is activated. Candidates planning to appear for the exam must have a clear knowledge of GATE 2021 schedule – the GATE exam date and other GATE important dates. Having knowledge of the important dates will help candidates plan their preparation better. So, in this article, we will provide you with the branch-wise GATE 2021 exam date as well as the entire schedule of GATE 2021.
GATE Exam Date 2021
Before getting into the GATE 2021 exam date, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||GATE 2021|
|GATE Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Organizing Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay)|
|Purpose of the Exam||1. Select Candidates for Admission to Masters and Doctoral Programs in Engineering and Science |
2. Recruitment in PSUs
|Frequency of the Exam||Once A Year|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
GATE Exam Date 2021: GATE Exam Schedule
The GATE 2021 Schedule as released by IIT Bombay is tabulated below:
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Monday||14th September 2020|
|Closing Date of REGULAR Online Registration/Application Portal||Wednesday||30th September 2020|
|End of the EXTENDED Period for Online Registration/Application|
(with late fee)
|Wednesday||7th October 2020|
|Last Date for Change of Category, Paper and Examination City|
(an additional fee will be applicable)
|Friday||13th November 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Portal|
(for download and printing)
|Friday||8th January 2021|
|5th February 2021|
6th February 2021
7th February 2021
12th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|Announcement of Results in the Online Application Portal||Monday||22nd March 2021|
Quick Note: GATE 2021 exam will be conducted in two sessions every day – Forenoon Session and Afternoon Session. This means the exam will be conducted over twelve shifts across six days.
|GATE 2021 Forenoon Session (tentative)||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|GATE 2021 Afternoon Session (tentative)||3:00 PM to 6:00 PM|
GATE Exam Date 2021: Important Points Regarding GATE 2021 Schedule
Here are a few important points regarding GATE 2021 schedule:
- Candidates must apply for the exam before the last date. The authorities will not accept any GATE application form after the last date.
- In order to avoid any issue at the last moment, candidates must fill up the application form as early as possible. Usually, there is high traffic to the GATE website at the last minute. This may create problems in registering for the exam.
- Candidates will have to pay an additional fee in order to change the exam city. No request to change the exam city will be entertained by the authority after the last date.
- GATE admit card will be released on the GATE official website on 8th January 2021 (GOAPS). Candidates shouldn’t wait until the day of the exam to download their GATE admit card.
- As mentioned above, GATE 2021 will be conducted in two sessions on 5th, 6th, 8th, and 12th, 13th, 14th February 2021. For some papers, GATE will be conducted in multiple sessions whereas, for others, the exam will be conducted in a single session.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall after 9:00 AM for the Forenoon Session. For the Afternoon Session, no candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall after 3:00 PM.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall before the end of the exam.
Branch-wise GATE 2021 Exam Schedule
After the GATE 2021 registration is over, IIT Bombay will release the branch-wise GATE Exam Date depending upon the number of candidates who have applied for each paper (branch). Trades for which a large number of candidates have applied, the GATE 2021 will be conducted in multiple sessions. Usually, a large number of candidates apply for Mechanical Engineering (ME), Civil Engineering (CE), and Electrical Engineering (EE).
Once the branch-wise GATE exam date is released, we will provide a detailed table with the paper code of the branches to be conducted in each session. So, bookmark this page to get information with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions On GATE Exam Date 2021
Here we have listed the FAQs that GATE aspirants search:
A: In 2021, GATE will be conducted by IIT-Bombay.
A: A candidate can apply for only 1 paper as per his trade/branch in Bachelor’s (B.Tech).
A: Application correction window will open after the application process is complete.
A: The application process will begin on 14th September 2020.
A: The exam will be conducted on February 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, and 14, 2021.
A: The last date for application is 30th September 2020.
So, now you know everything about the GATE 2021 exam date and schedule. We hope it helps you. We will update the application links once it is activated.
Finish the entire GATE 2020-21 syllabus in the most effective manner. Then revise them thoroughly. Also, take GATE mock tests and solve GATE previous year papers. Then evaluate your performance to find your weaknesses. Work on them to improve your score. These will surely help you to score better.
We hope this detailed article on GATE 2021 exam date helps you. If you have any queries regarding the GATE exam date 2021, ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.325 Views