GATE 2020 Exam Date: The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT-D) has released the GATE 2020 information brochure and GATE 2020 application form has been made available on the official website of GATE. Eligible candidates can apply for the exam from the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Candidates planning to appear for the exam must have a clear knowledge of the GATE 2020 schedule – the GATE 2020 exam date and other GATE important dates. Having knowledge of the important dates will help candidates plan their preparation better.
So, in this article, we will provide you with the branch wise GATE 2020 exam date as well as the entire schedule of GATE 2020 as released by IIT Delhi.
GATE 2020 Exam Date
Before getting into the GATE 2020 exam date, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||GATE 2020|
|GATE Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Organizing Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi)|
|Purpose of the Exam||1. Select Candidates for Admission to Masters and Doctoral Programs in Engineering and Science
2. Recruitment in PSUs
|Frequency of the Exam||Once A Year|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
GATE 2020 Exam Date: GATE 2020 Schedule
Let us now look into the schedule of GATE 2020 as released by the conducting authority, IIT Delhi:
|Release of GATE Application Form||3rd September 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date to Apply for GATE 2020||24th September 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Extended Closing Date for Online Submission of GATE Application Form||1st October 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Exam City||15th November 2019 (Friday)|
|Release of GATE Admit Card||3rd January 2020 (Friday)|
|GATE 2020 Exam Date||1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2019|
|Declaration of GATE 2020 Result||16th March 2020 (Monday)|
Note that GATE 2020 exam will be conducted in two sessions every day – Forenoon Session and Afternoon Session. This means the exam will be conducted over eight shifts across four days.
|GATE 2020 Forenoon Session||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|GATE 2020 Afternoon Session||2:30 PM to 5:30 PM|
GATE 2020 Exam Date: Important Points Regarding GATE 2020 Schedule
Here are a few important points regarding GATE 2020 schedule:
- Candidates must apply for the exam before the last date. The authorities will not accept any GATE application form after the last date.
- In order to avoid any issue at the last moment, candidates must fill up the application form as early as possible. Usually, there is high traffic to the GATE website at the last minute. This may create problems in registering for the exam.
- Candidates will have to pay an additional fee in order to change the exam city. After 15th November, no request to change the exam city will be entertained by the authority.
- GATE admit card will be released on the GATE official website (GOAPS). Candidates shouldn’t wait until the day of the exam to download their GATE admit card.
- As mentioned above, GATE 2020 will be conducted in two sessions on 1st, 2nd, 8th, and 9th February 2020. For some papers, GATE will be conducted in multiple sessions whereas, for others, the exam will be conducted in a single session.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall after 10:00 AM for the Forenoon Session. For Afternoon Session, no candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall after 3:00 PM.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall before the end of the exam.
Branch-wise GATE 2020 Exam Date
After the GATE 2020 registration is over, IIT Delhi will release the branch-wise GATE 2020 Exam Date depending upon the number of candidates who have applied for each paper (branch). Branches for which a large number of candidates have applied, the GATE 2020 will be conducted in multiple sessions. Usually, a large number of candidates apply for Mechanical Engineering (ME), Electrical Engineering (EE), and Civil Engineering (CE).
Once the branch wise GATE 2020 exam date is released, we will update the table below with the paper code of the branches to be conducted in each session. So, bookmark this page. You will be able to visit it later without any difficulty.
GATE Exam Date
GATE Paper Code
|1st February 2020 (Saturday)||S1 – Forenoon Session||To be updated|
|S2 – Afternoon Session||To be updated|
|2nd February 2020 (Sunday)||S3 – Forenoon Session||To be updated|
|S4 – Afternoon Session||To be updated|
|8th February 2020 (Saturday)||S5 – Forenoon Session||To be updated|
|S6 – Afternoon Session||To be updated|
|9th February 2020 (Sunday)||S7 – Forenoon Session||To be updated|
|S8 – Afternoon Session||To be updated|
So, now you know everything about GATE 2020 exam date and schedule. We hope it helps you. Apply for the exam at the earliest and start your preparation.
Finish the entire GATE 2020 syllabus in the most effective manner. Then revise them thoroughly. Also, take GATE mock tests and solve GATE previous year papers. Then evaluate your performance to find your weaknesses. Work on them to improve your score.
We hope this detailed article on GATE 2020 exam date helps you. If you have any query regarding GATE exam date 2020, ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.