Current Affairs Quiz for August 20, 2019: This section covers the GK and Daily Current Affairs Quiz with MCQs on National Affairs, International Affairs, Economy, Banking Affairs, Polity, Geography, Environment, Sports, etc. for competitive examinations viz. UPSC, SSC, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, IBPS, Railways, Government Jobs, UPPSC, MPSC, and other state exams. This current affairs quiz will help you in the General Awareness section conducted in various Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, and other govt job entrance exams. Current affairs quiz will also help you outshine in the crowd with all the information you gain from this article.
So, follow our Current affairs quiz daily to crack any kind of competitive exams you come across in India. Wait no more and let’s take today’s Current affairs quiz.
Current Affairs Quiz for 20/08/2019
1. When was the World Humanitarian Day 2019 observed?
(A) 19th August
(B) 20th August
(C) 21st August
(D) 18th August
(E) 17th August
2. Where was the International Conference on Teacher Education held?
(A) New Delhi
3. The 28th session of BASIC Ministerial meeting 2019 was held in which country?
4. Which state will have the country’s first Central Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology?
(E) Andhra Pradesh
5. Marnus Labuschagne has become the first cricketer in the world to be a ‘concussion substitute’ in test cricket. He plays for which country?
(C) South Africa
(D) New Zealand
6. According to the survey by NGO Greenpeace, which country is the largest emitter of anthropogenic sulfur dioxide?
(D) United States
7. Which state will establish ‘Lemru Elephant Reserve’?
8. National Payments Corporation of India launched a new RuPay JCB Global Cards in association with which country?
(D) Sri Lanka
9. Which institute has developed a unique robot named GraspMan?
(A) IIT Kanpur
(B) IIT Delhi
(C) IIT Madras
(D) IIT Bombay
(E) IIT Kharagpur
10. Manmohan Singh has been elected as a member of Rajya Sabha from which state?
(E) Andhra Pradesh
11. Which is the World’s first country to have National Essential Diagnostics List?
(B) United States
12. Hima Das won the 300 m gold in 2019 Athleticky Mitink Reiter in the Czech Republic recently. This is her __ win.
13. PM Modi recently inaugurated Mangdechhu hydroelectric power plant. In which country is this power plant situated?
(C) Sri Lanka
14. In which city did the Punjab and Haryana High Court start its first virtual court through video conferencing?
15. What is the new percent of equity share capital issued by Start-ups and technology companies with differential voting rights?
To provide you with the satisfaction of overall coverage on current affairs, our GK team at Embibe are crafting these most important GK questions and answers on a daily basis from the events around the world. This current affairs quiz will ensure that you have not left any important questions behind for the day. The explanation provided in the Current affairs quiz for each question will help you memorize the answer better, preparing you for the time in need. Irrespective of the exam, this Current affairs quiz will help you jog your memory any time, any place.
We hope you are satisfied with today’s current affairs quiz since the main purpose of this Current affairs quiz is to help you reach your goal. If you have any doubts concerning the current affairs quiz or GK Questions mentioned above, feel free to drop a comment in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.