Current Affairs Quiz for August 21, 2019: This section covers the GK and Daily Current Affairs Quiz with MCQs on National Affairs, International Affairs, Economy, Banking Affairs, Polity, Geography, Environment, Sports, etc. for competitive examinations viz. UPSC, SSC, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, IBPS, Railways, Government Jobs, UPPSC, MPSC, and other state exams. This current affairs quiz will help you in the General Awareness section conducted in various Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, and other govt job entrance exams. Current affairs quiz will also help you outshine in the crowd with all the information you gain from this article.
So, follow our Current affairs quiz daily to crack any kind of competitive exams you come across in India. Wait no more and let’s take today’s Current affairs quiz.
Current Affairs Quiz for 21/08/2019
1. After the recent orders by the Ministry of Home Affairs, what will be the retirement age of the Central Armed Police Force personnel?
2. Which nation has recently accused India of setting up “fifth-generation warfare”?
(D) United States
3. Which national leader’s 75th birth anniversary was observed on August 20, 2019?
(A) Rajiv Gandhi
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) A P J Abdul Kalam
(D) Narendra Modi
(E) Sonia Gandhi
4. The Okjokull glacier has lost its identity due to climate change, Which country is it in?
5. Which country will be bestowing ‘Order of Zaid’ award upon PM Narendra Modi?
6. The recent US missile test has been described as ‘escalation of military tensions’ by which country?
(A) North Korea
(D) South Korea
7. Facebook’s plea for transfer of Aadhaar- social media linking cases has been accepted by which court?
(A) Delhi MC
(B) Allahabad HC
(C) Supreme Court
(D) Madras HC
(E) Kerala HC
8. Who is the new President of Paytm?
(A) Renu Satti
(B) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
(C) Madhur Deora
(D) Sandeep Tandon
(E) None of the above
9. What is the newly recommended corporate tax rate by the Direct Tax Code task force?
(A) 25 percent
(B) 30 percent
(C) 15 percent
(D) 20 percent
(E) 50 percent
10. Which scientist has received the JC Bose Fellowship for 2019?
(A) Kumarasamy Thangaraj
(B) Shekhar C. Mande
(C) Avinash Kumar Agarwal
(D) Maneesha S Inamdar
(E) Ajit Kumar Shasany
11. Which city will host the WEF’s India Economic Summit 2019?
(C) New Delhi
12. The BCCI has reduced the ban Indian cricketer S Sreesanth to how many years?
(A) 10 years
(B) 7 years
(C) 12 years
(D) 8 years
(E) 3 years
13. With which institution did Wipro ink pact for research in autonomous systems, robotics and 5G?
(A) Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
(C) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
(D) Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
(E) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
14. Who is the newly appointed MD and CEO of Vodafone Idea?
(A) Ravinder Takkar
(B) Arun Kumar Adhikari
(C) Vivek Badrinath
(D) Balesh Sharma
(E) None of the above
15. When is the World Mosquito Day observed?
(A) August 19
(B) August 21
(C) August 20
(D) August 18
(E) August 22
To provide you with the satisfaction of overall coverage on current affairs, our GK team at Embibe are crafting these most important GK questions and answers on a daily basis from the events around the world. This current affairs quiz will ensure that you have not left any important questions behind for the day. The explanation provided in the Current affairs quiz for each question will help you memorize the answer better, preparing you for the time in need. Irrespective of the exam, this Current affairs quiz will help you jog your memory any time, any place.
We hope you are satisfied with today’s current affairs quiz since the main purpose of this Current affairs quiz is to help you reach your goal. If you have any doubts concerning the current affairs quiz or GK Questions mentioned above, feel free to drop a comment in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.