Current Affairs Quiz for August 23, 2019: This section covers the GK and Daily Current Affairs Quiz with MCQs on National Affairs, International Affairs, Economy, Banking Affairs, Polity, Geography, Environment, Sports, etc. for competitive examinations viz. UPSC, SSC, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, IBPS, Railways, Government Jobs, UPPSC, MPSC, and other state exams. This current affairs quiz will help you in the General Awareness section conducted in various Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, and other govt job entrance exams. Current affairs quiz will also help you outshine in the crowd with all the information you gain from this article.
So, follow our Current affairs quiz daily to crack any kind of competitive exams you come across in India. Wait no more and let’s take today’s Current affairs quiz.
Current Affairs Quiz for 23/08/2019
1. Which city hosted the 9th session of India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee?
(C) New Delhi
2. By when the ‘Housing for all’ scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be achieved?
3. The RBI has decided new Business timing for RTGS. What are the new timings?
(A) 6:00 AM- 6.30 PM
(B) 6:30 AM- 5.00 PM
(C) 7:00 AM – 6.00 PM
(D) 7:30 AM – 6.00 PM
(E) 7.45 AM- 6.30 PM
4. India held a High-Level Meeting with which country to address maritime issues?
5. What is the name of the World’s largest processor with 1.2 trillion transistors unveiled recently?
(A) Wafer Scale Engine
(B) MediaTek Wafer Scale Engine
(C) Qualcomm Wafer Scale Engine
(D) Cerebras Wafer Scale Engine
(E)None of the above
6. When was the World Senior Citizen Day observed?
(A) August 21
(B) August 20
(C) August 19
(D) August 18
(E) August 17
7. Who is the new Union Home Secretary?
(A) Rajiv Gauba
(B) Brij Kumar Agarwal
(C) Subash Chandra
(D) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
(E) Sanjay Mitra
8. Who is the newly appointed Prime Minister of Sudan?
(A) Hassanal Bolkiah
(B) Luc-Adolphe Tiao
(C) Qohir Rasulzoda
(D) Abdalla Hamdok
(E) Ismail al-Azhari
9. Who will be heading the committee formed on “Fit India Movement”?
(A) Narendra Modi
(C) Kiren Rijiju
(D) Virat Kohli
(E) Shilpa Shetty
10. This year the Russian government’s Pushkin Medal has been awarded to _______ .
(A) Meeta Narain
(B) Nirmala Sitharaman
(C) Devika Chaudhary
(D) Nalini Singhal
(E) None of the above
11. Which state has decided to recruit women drivers for government vehicles?
(B) Tamil Nadu
(C) Andhra Pradesh
12. For which sport, the Op-Blue Freedom has been organized by armed forces veterans?
(A) Scuba Diving
(B) Sea Walking
(C) Jet Skiing
(E) Ice Skiing
13. To promote the MSME sector, the GOI is coming up with which e-commerce portal?
(A) India Craft
(B) Bharat Shakti
(C) Bharat Craft
(D) India Shakti
(E) Desh Shakti
14. Which rainforest is facing a raging fire from over a fortnight?
(D) New Guinea
15. This year’s State Rooftop Solar Attractiveness Index (SARAL) has been topped by which state?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
To provide you with the satisfaction of overall coverage on current affairs, our GK team at Embibe are crafting these most important GK questions and answers on a daily basis from the events around the world. This current affairs quiz will ensure that you have not left any important questions behind for the day. The explanation provided in the Current affairs quiz for each question will help you memorize the answer better, preparing you for the time in need. Irrespective of the exam, this Current affairs quiz will help you jog your memory any time, any place.
We hope you are satisfied with today’s current affairs quiz since the main purpose of this Current affairs quiz is to help you reach your goal. If you have any doubts concerning the current affairs quiz or GK Questions mentioned above, feel free to drop a comment in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.