Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2021: The India Post has released the Gramin Das Sevak (GDS) Application Form 2021 for Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand circles. Eligible candidates can apply online for Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster, and Dak Sevak posts from August 23, 2021, to September 22, 2021, at the official website i.e. appost.in. However, now the last date has been extended to 25th September. Candidates who have not applied yet can apply online through the official website of India Post. As per the India Post Recruitment official notification, a total of 4264 vacancies are announced for Uttar Pradesh state and 581 posts for Uttarakhand postal circles, Scroll down to read more on Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2021! We have provided the direct link to access the Gramin Das Sevak Application Form below on this page.
Every year, many candidates apply for various GDS posts to pursue their careers in government jobs. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying online for their respective posts and circles. The conducting body will not accept application invites from those candidates who are not eligible for the same. In this article, we have provided all the relevant details on Gramin Das Sevak Application Form 2021 including important dates, selection process, vacancies, eligibility criteria, how to apply online, and more. Read on to find out more!
Candidates can check this page for Sarkari Naukri latest updates which will help them to know which are the ongoing and upcoming Sarkari Exams. Based on the Sarkari Exams information, they can check their eligibility related to age and academic qualification before they apply for the various government jobs posts. Moreover, candidates can also check the Sarkari Result to know their status of qualifying in the exam they have appeared for.
Note that candidates can apply for a maximum of 20 posts as per the cycle of online engagement. Candidates can check the circle-wise available posts from the circle-wise GDS Notification PDF provided in this article.
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2021: GDS Apply Online
Before getting into the details of appost GDS online application form, let’s have an overview of the GDS recruitment 2021:
|Recruitment Body||India Post (Bharatiya Dak Vibhag)|
|Name of Posts||Gramin Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster & Assistant Branch Postmaster|
|Total Vacancies||4264 for Uttar Pradesh and 581 for Uttarakhand|
|Active Recruitment Postal Circles||Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand|
|Educational Qualification||10th Pass|
|Age Limit||18 to 40|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online or Offline|
|Application Fee||Rs. 100/- (Only for General/ EWS & OBC Male Candidates )|
|GDS 2021 Recruitment||India Post 2021 Recruitment|
|GDS Salary||GDS Selection Process|
|GDS Result||India Post Result|
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2021: Important Dates
The conducting body has recently published the GDS Recruitment notification for Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand on its official website. Candidates must check the table given below to know more about the dates of application form commencement and culmination.
|Start of Registration and Fee Payment||August 23, 2021|
|End of Registration and Fee Payment||September 22, 2021|
|Start of GDS Online Application||August 23, 2021|
|End of GDS Online Application||September 22, 2021|
|Extended GDS Online Application||September 25, 2021|
India Post GDS Vacancies
India Post has announced the vacancies details for posts like Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster and Dak Sevak in the Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand circles. Check the below table to know more about the same.
Gramin Dak Sevak Posts
The above vacancies are for the following posts:
- Gramin Dak Sevak
- Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
GDS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the GDS eligibility criteria before applying for the posts:
GDS Age Limit
- The candidate should be between 18 to 40 years as on March 08, 2021
- There is relaxation in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories:
|SC / ST||5 Years|
|PWD + OBC||13 Years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 Years|
Others as per Govt rules.
GDS Educational Qualification
- Candidate must have passed 10th class with Mathematics and English as compulsory or elective subjects.
- The candidate must have studied the local language at least up to Class 10 as a compulsory or elective subject.
GDS Computer Knowledge
Candidates must obtain a basic Computer Training Course Certificate for at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Govt/State Govt/Universities/Boards/Private Institutions/Organizations.
However, the requirement of a basic computer knowledge certificate is relaxable if the candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII or any other higher educational level.
- Candidates must also have knowledge of cycling which is a pre-requisite for all GDS posts.
- Candidates must know how to read, write, and communicate in the local language of the respective State/UT. Click Here to check the list of local languages for different States/UTs.
|Postal Circle||Local Language|
Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process
Check out the following points related to the selection process:
- Candidates will be selected for the post based on the merit list which will be prepared as per the rules. No exam will be conducted for the selection of candidates.
- The candidates will be selected based on the marks obtained in Class 10 and no weightage will be given for higher educational qualification.
- The percentage of aggregate marks will be considered to the accuracy of 4 decimals for finalizing the selection.
- However, passing all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
- Candidates will have to apply by entering their 10th marks. In the case of candidates having Grades/Points, the same has to be converted to marks and filled in the application form.
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form: Stages
Check the major stages involved in GDS online application process 2021:
- Fee Payment (Online or Offline)
- Apply Online (Fill Application, Upload Documents, Select Post Preferences, Preview, Submit and Take Printout)
How To Apply For Gramin Dak Sevak Posts 2021?
Candidates need to complete registration and fill the Gramin Dak Sevak application form in online mode. Follow the steps below for GDS online apply 2021:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – appost.in (appost.in/gdsonline).
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link “Registration“. Enter the details such as name, mobile number, gender, date of birth, category, etc.
- – 3rd Step: Verify your mobile number with the OTP received. A unique registration number will be generated.
- – 4th Step: Pay the application fee through online mode or offline mode by visiting the post office.
- – 5th Step: Fill up the GDS online application form using the registration number and other details. Upload your prescribed educational certificates, photo, and signature in the prescribed formats and click on the button ‘Submit Details’.
- – 6th Step: Take a print out of the filled application form for future reference.
Candidates can also check their application status by clicking on the link and by entering the required credentials.
If a candidate has lost his registration number/Fee ID then he/she can check it from the ‘Forgot Registration/Fee Details‘ option available. Also, candidates can change their Mobile Number using the ‘Change of Mobile Number‘ option.
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form: Signature & Photograph
Candidates will have to take care of the formats and the file size of the scanned copies which they have to upload while filling the Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2021. Check the specifications below:
Scanned copy of the photo in JPG format with a file size up to 50 kb and dimensions of 200 X 230 pixels
Scanned copy of the signature in JPG format with a file size up to 20 kb and dimensions of 140 X 60 pixels
Besides the above two scanned copies, candidates should also be ready with other scanned copies. Check the details from the table below:
|Name of the Document||File Format||File Size||Mandatory or Not|
|Class 10/ SSC Marks Memo & Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory|
|DOB Proof||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Only if DOB is not present in SSC Marks Memo|
|Computer Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Can be submitted at the time of appointment if got selected|
|Community Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory for all categories|
(SC/ST/OBC/EWS) except for
|Certificate of Disability||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory for PH Candidates|
|Transgender Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory for Transgender Candidates|
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Fee
Check the application fee to be paid for GDS registration 2021:
|Category||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|Unreserved / OBC / EWS (Male)||100|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||0|
GDS Application Fee Payment Process
In order to apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak Posts, candidates need to register by paying the GDS application fees. The application fee can either be paid through online mode or through offline mode.
Fee Payment Through Offline Mode
In order to pay the fee through offline mode, candidates will have to visit the Head Post Office or fee payment offices. Candidates can download the GDS Post Offices List for fee Payment, where candidates can visit and pay the GDS application fee for GDS recruitment 2021.
Fee Payment Through Online Mode
- In order to pay the GDS application fee through online mode, candidates will have to visit the official website and click on the link – Pay Online.
- Enter your registration number and other required details. Check the fee amount you need to pay and click on the ‘Make Payment‘ button.
- Candidates can pay the fee through Credit/Debit Cards and Net Banking facilities.
- Note that Rs. 10 need to be paid as a service charge apart from the application fee when paid by net banking and 1% extra to be paid if paid through credit cards, per transaction. On the other hand, no extra service charge is required for payment through debit cards.
Check the image below to know how the GDS online fee payment portal looks like:
Documents Required To Fill GDS Application Form
For hassle-free filling of GDS application form, candidates are advised to be ready with the following documents as per their eligibility and requirement:
- Scanned Copy of Photo
- Signature Scanned Copy
- SSC Marks Memo (Class 10 Marks Card)
- DOB Certificate or SSC Marks Memo as a DOB proof
- Community or Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS) Certificate (if applicable)
- Computer Certificate as required
- PH certificate (if applicable)
- Additional SSC Marks Memos (if any)
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form: Contact Details
Candidates can contact the officials for any queries related to notification and online application. The India Post contact details are as follows:
However, candidates are advised to first go through the Gramin Dak Sevak FAQs to clear their doubts before contacting the officials.
GDS Application Form 2021: Important Links
We are providing you with some important links which will help you to proceed with all the application form-related procedures. Check the table below:
|GDS Online Registration Link||Click Here|
|GDS Fee Payment Link||Click Here|
|GDS Apply Online Link||Click Here|
|GDS Application Status Link||Click Here|
|GDS Forgot Registration / Fee ID||Click Here|
|GDS Change of Mobile Number link||Click Here|
|List of Post Offices for Offline Fee Payment||Click Here|
|GDS Official Notification PDF||GDS Uttar Pradesh Notification|
GDS Uttarakhand Notification
GDS West Bengal Notification
GDS Chattisgarh Notification
GDS Kerala Notification
We have now provided you with all the relevant details on Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2021. With these details, you can now apply for the post and pay the application fee (if applicable) within the deadline. It is advisable to not wait for the last date.
GDS Application Form 2021: Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have enlisted the frequently asked questions related to the Gramin Das Sevak Application Form 2021. Candidates must check these questions and answers to clear out their doubts on the same subject.
|Q. Who can apply for GDS?|
A. Candidates must be 10th pass and must be in the age bracket of 18 to 40 years. Candidates must also have knowledge of the local language and must have studied the respective local language at least till class 10. Also, essential computer knowledge and knowledge of cycling are essential. Candidates fulfilling these criteria can apply for GDS posts.
|Q. Which are the posts under GDS?|
A. There are three posts for which GDS recruitment is conducted. Branch Post Master (BPM), Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM), and Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS).
|Q. Is GDS a govt Job?|
A. Yes, GDS is a government Job in the Postal Department which is under the Ministry of Communications, Government of India.
|Q. Can females apply for GDS? |
A.Yes, female candidates can apply for GDS posts.
|Q. How many posts can I apply in GDS recruitment?|
A. The list of posts is provided along with the official notification PDF. Candidates can apply for up to 20 posts across various postal circles, provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
|Q. How many days it will take for GDS result? |
A. The officials usually take around 50 to 60 days to release the result.
|Q. How to apply for India Post GDS Recruitment 2021?|
A. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the post through online mode through the official website – http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/home.aspx.
|Q. How Much Is India Post GDS Application Fee?|
A. The application fee for UR /OBC /EWS Candidate Is Rs.100/- And SC /ST/ PWD/ Female Rs.0/- . The Requisite Application Fee Can Be Pay Via Online OR Offline.
Now that we have provided you with the complete details regarding GDS Application Form 2021, we hope you do not face issues in understanding the notification. Also, this page will help you know the steps to fill GDS online form. It is advisable that you practice as many questions as you can and take sufficient mock tests to boost your preparation. Also, you can Bookmark this page for further updates.
We hope that we have managed to provide you with all the necessary details on the GDS Application Form 2021. If you have any queries, then feel free to ask in the comment section below and we will be glad to help you out.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest updates on GDS Application Form 2021!1403 Views