Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form Online 2020: India Post (Bharatiya Dak Vibhag) has invited online Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form for Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana & Uttarkhand Postal Circles. A total of 7428 vacancies are released. Candidates interested to work in the Postal Department can apply online from the official website. The last date to fill GDS application form is July 07 for MP, UK & Haryana postal circles. Whereas, for Rajasthan postal circle applications can be submitted till July 21.
As per Cycle 2 India Post recruitment, the vacancies are released for the post of Assistant Branch Postmaster, Branch Postmaster, and Gramin Dak Sevak. Candidates must first go through the eligibility criteria and other essential details to apply online for these posts. In this article, we have provided you with the application link and all the details on Gramin Dak Sevak online form 2020. So scroll down to read and apply for the posts.
|June 23, 2020: India Post has released 3262 GDS vacancies for Rajasthan Postal Circle. Apply online from June 22 to July 21.|
Note that, candidates can apply for a maximum of 20 posts as per cycle of online engagement. Candidates can check the circle-wise available posts from the GDS Notification PDF available in this article.
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2020: MP, UK, Haryana Postal Circle – GDS Apply Online
Before getting into the details of GDS application form, let’s have an overview of the GDS recruitment 2020:
|Recruitment Body||India Post ( Bharatiya Dak Vibhag )|
|Name of Posts||Gramin Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster & Assistant Branch Postmaster|
|Active Recruitment Postal Circles||Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana|
|Educational Qualification||10th Pass|
|Age Limit||18 to 40|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online or Offline|
|Application Fee||Rs. 100/- (Only for General & OBC Male Candidates )|
India Post Recruitment Dak: Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates for GDS Recruitment from the table below:
|Events||Dates For MP, UK & Haryana||Dates For Rajasthan|
|Start of Registration and Fee Payment||June 08, 2020||June 22, 2020|
|End of Registration and Fee Payment||July 07, 2020||July 21, 2020|
|Start of GDS Online Application||June 08, 2020||June 22, 2020|
|End of GDS Online Application||July 07, 2020||July 21, 2020|
GDS Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
India Post has released the GDS Recruitment 2020 vacancies for MP, UK, Rajasthan & Haryana circle. Check the circle-wise vacancies below:
Gramin Dak Sevak Posts
The above vacancies are as per the Cycle 2 India Post recruitment for the following posts:
- Gramin Dak Sevak
- Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form: GDS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the GDS eligibility criteria before applying for the posts:
GDS Age Limit
- The candidate should be between 18 to 40 years as on 08.06.2020 (for MP, UP, Haryana) and 22.06.2020 (for Rajasthan)
- There is relaxation in upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories:
|SC / ST||5 Years|
|PWD + OBC||13 Years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 Years|
Others as per Govt rules.
GDS Educational Qualification
- Candidate must have passed 10th class with Mathematics and English as compulsory or elective subjects.
- The candidate must have studied the local language at least up to Class 10 as compulsory or as elective subjects.
GDS Computer Knowledge
Candidates must obtain a basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Govt/State Govt/Universities / Boards/ Private Institutions/ Organizations.
- Candidates must also have Knowledge of Cycling which is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts.
- The local Language for Madhya Pradesh, Haryana & Uttarakhand postal circle is Hindi. Candidates must know how to read, write and communicate in Hindi language.
Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process
- Candidates will be selected for the post based on the merit list which will be prepared as per the rules. No exam will be conducted for selection of candidates
- The candidates will be selected based on the marks obtained in Class 10 and no weightage will be given for higher educational qualification.
- The percentage of aggregate marks will be considered to the accuracy of 4 decimals for finalizing the selection.
- However, passing all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
- Candidates will have to apply by entering their 10th Marks in the form of marks. In the case of candidates having Grades/ Points, the same has to be converted to marks and filled in the application form.
GDS Online Apply – Stages
Check the major stages involved in GDS online application process 2020:
- Fee Payment (Online or Offline)
- Apply Online (Fill Application, Upload Documents, Select Post Preferences, Preview, Submit and Take Printout)
How To Apply For Gramin Dak Sevak Posts 2020?
Candidates need to complete registration and fill the Gramin Dak Sevak application form through online mode. Follow the steps below for GDS online apply 2020:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – appost.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link “Registration“. Enter the details such as name, mobile number, gender, date of birth, category, etc.
- – 3rd Step: Verify your mobile number with the OTP received. A unique registration number will be generated.
- – 4th Step: Pay the application fees through online mode or offline mode by visiting the head post office.
- – 5th Step: Fill up the GDS online application form using the registration number and other details. Upload your prescribed educational certificates, photo, and signature in the prescribed formats and click on the “Submit Details” button.
- – 6th Step: Take a print out of the filled application form for future reference.
Candidates can also check their GDS application status by clicking on the link and by entering the required credentials.
If a candidate has lost his registration number/Fee ID then he/she can check it from Forgot Registration/Fee Details option available. Also, candidates can change their Mobile Number using the Change of Mobile Number option. We have provided these direct links in the article below.
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form: Signature & Photograph
Candidates will have to take care of the formats and the file size of the scanned copies which they have to upload while filling the Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2020. Check the specifications to be followed below:
Scanned copy of the photo in JPG format with a file size up to 50 kb and dimensions of 200 X 230 Pixels
Scanned copy of the photo in JPG format with a file size up to 20 kb and dimensions of 140 X 60 Pixels
Besides the above two scanned copies, candidates should also be ready with other scanned copies. Check the details from the table below:
|Name of the Document||File Format||File Size||Mandatory or Not|
|Class 10/ SSC Marks Memo & Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory|
|DOB Proof||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Only if DOB is not present in SSC Marks Memo|
|Computer Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Can be submitted at the time of appointment if got selected|
|Community Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory for all categories|
(SC/ST/OBC/EWS) except for
|Certificate of Disability||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory for PH Candidates|
|Transgender Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory for Transgender Candidates|
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Fee
Check the application fee to be paid for GDS registration 2020:
|Category||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|Unreserved / OBC / EWS (Male)||100|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||0|
GDS Application Fee Payment Process
In order to apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak Posts candidates need to register themselves by paying the GDS application fees. The application fee can either be paid through online mode or through offline mode.
Fee Payment Through Offline Mode
In order to pay the fee through offline mode, candidates will have to visit the Head Post Office, or fee payment offices. Click Here to download the list of Head Post Offices where you can visit and pay the GDS application fee for GDS recruitment 2020.
Fee Payment Through Online Mode
- In order to pay the GDS application fee through online mode candidates will have to visit the official website and click on the link – Pay Online.
- Enter your registration number and other required details. Check the fee amount you need to pay and click on the button “Make Payment“.
- Candidates can pay the fee through Credit/Debit Cards and Net Banking facilities.
- Note that Rs. 10 need to be paid as service charge apart from the application fee when paid by net banking and 1% extra to be paid if paid through credit cards, per transaction. On the other hand no extra service charges for payment through debit card.
Check the image below to know how the GDS online fee payment portal looks like:
Documents Required To Fill GDS Application Form 2020
For hassle-free filling of GDS application form, candidates are advised to be ready with the following documents as per their eligibility and requirement:
- Scanned Copy of Photo
- Signature Scanned Copy
- SSC Marks Memo (Class 10 Marks Card)
- DOB Certificate or SSC Marks Memo as a DOB proof
- Community or Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS) Certificate (if applicable)
- Computer Certificate as required
- PH certificate (if applicable)
- Additional SSC Marks Memos (if any)
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form: Contact Details
Candidates can contact the officials for any queries related to notification and online application. The India Post contact details are as follows:
|Rajasthan||Email ID: email@example.com|
Helpline Number: 0141-2368013
|Madhya Pradesh||Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Helpline Number: 0755-2550473
In case of any technical issues in filling the application form, candidates can email their issues to the email ID provided below:
Email ID: email@example.com
However, candidates are advised to first go through the GDS FAQs to clear their doubts before contacting the officials.
Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2020: Important Links
We are providing you with some important link which will help you to proceed with all the application form related procedures. Check the table below:
|GDS Online Registration Link||Click Here|
|GDS Fee Payment Link||Click Here|
|GDS Apply Online Link||Click Here|
|GDS Application Status Link||Click Here|
|GDS Forgot Registration / Fee ID||Click Here|
|GDS Change of Mobile Number link||Click Here|
|List of Post Offices for Offline Fee Payment||Click Here|
|GDS Official Notification PDF||Rajasthan|
We have now provided you with all the relevant details on Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2020. With these details, you can now start to apply for the post and pay the application fee (if applicable) within the deadline. It is advisable to not wait for the last date to avoid any last-minute hassle.
We hope that this article on Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comment box below. We will help you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest updates on Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form16866 Views