Gujarat Nursing Council 2021 – Gujarat Nursing Council conducts counselling for candidates who wish to take admission in desired course. The candidates who are interested in admission will be required to register for the counselling and seat allotment process conducted by the Government of Gujarat, Ghandhinagar.
The admission is conducted based on the merit followed by the performance in the counselling session. The counselling authority conducts admission in various courses like ANM, GNM, B.Sc Nursing, etc. Candidates, who wish to know more about the Gujarat Nursing Council 2021, read the complete article below.
Gujarat Nursing Council 2021 – Important dates
Candidates who wish to take admission in various medical curses via Gujarat Nursing Council counselling, candidates should check the dates of the future events. Check the table below for important dates.
|PIN Purchase for Online Registration||Fourth week of June 2021|
|Commencement of Gujarat Nursing Council Registration Process||Fourth week of June 2021|
|Last date to register||First week of July 2021|
|Document Verification and Deposition after registration||Fourth week of June 2021 – First week of July 2021|
|Release of Merit List||August 2021|
|Counselling||To be Notified|
Gujarat Nursing Council 2021 – Courses Offered
Candidates who wish to take part in Gujarat Nursing Council Admission Process should check all the courses offered by the authorities of Gujarat Nursing Council. Here is a list of courses offered for candidates’ reference.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.) Nursing
- General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) (Diploma Course)
- Bachelor of Orthotics and Prosthetics (BOP)
- Bachelor of Optometry (BO)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP)
- Auxiliary Nurses and Midwives Course (ANM) (Diploma Course)
Gujarat Nursing Council 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to take admission should first check whether they meet the eligibility criteria or not. The criterion is basically the minimum requirement which a candidate will need to meet in order to appear in the further process to be conducted by the authorities. To check the eligibility for each course, read the points given below.
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
- Candidates should have passed class 12th with science stream, general stream with physics, chemistry and biology as subjects
- The minimum required percentage for general category is 40% (including Physically Handicapped) and for reserved categories the required percentage is 35% (including Physically Handicapped)
Auxiliary Nurses and Midwives Course (ANM)
- Candidates should have passed class 12th with science stream, general stream with minimum 40% – 50% marks in the qualifying examination
- Candidates should have studied and passed vocational Auxiliary Horses Midwives Course revised after 2001 are eligible
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.) Nursing
- Candidates should have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, biology and English as subjects
- The minimum required percentage for general category is 45% and for reserved it is 40% aggregate
- The percentage is same for Physically Handicapped candidates belonging to respective category
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), Bachelor of Optometry (BO), Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP), Bachelor of Orthotics and Prosthetics (BOP) and Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
Candidates should have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, biology and English as subjects
Who are Not Eligible for Gujarat Nursing Council Admission 2021?
- Any candidate who has passed the board examination after appearing for the supplementary examination is not eligible
- Candidates who do not meet the general eligibility and documentation
Gujarat Nursing Council: Registration Process
Candidates who wish to appear for the admission process should start with the purchase of PIN from the prescribed Bank to make the online registration. PIN purchasing process is the first step and a mandatory step as well. The after purchasing the PIN, it is sent to the candidate via SMS on the phone number provided by the candidate. Candidates are advised to make sure that their number is not registered with DND. Candidates must note that the PIN is a 14-Digit Number and for buying the pin candidates will have to make a payment of rupees 200.
With the use of PIN bought, candidate can now fill the complete application form by visiting the official website. Candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria before filing the application form. Filling the application form will take some time as the candidate will need to fill the important details like personal, academic and qualification details. Candidates are advised to fill the application form before the last date in order to avoid the last minute chaos.
Gujarat Nursing Council 2021 – Merit List
After successful registration and application form, it is the turn of merit list. The authorities will release the merit list of candidates who will be eligible to take part in the counselling session and seat allotment process. The merit list will be published on the official website with the names of the candidates who have been shortlisted based on their merit score obtained in qualifying examination of class 12th. The authorities will release the different merit lists for each category. Candidates will be able to find the different links for merit lists for different categories. The merit list will consist of information which will help candidates to decide about the next step.
Details mentioned on the Merit List
- General Merit
- Category merit
- User ID
- Candidates name
- Stream in class 12th
- Merit marks
- Course eligibility
Gujarat Nursing Council 2021 – Counselling Seat Allotment
Candidates who will have names in the merit list will be called for the counselling session. The session includes choice locking for candidates and the seat allotment process. The seats will be allotted based on the divisions like Government seats, management seats and NRI seats. The authorities in the first round of counselling will release various details like institute, seats, course, and council, etc. After the candidate gets allotted he will need to confirm and lock the seat by visiting the allotted campus and getting admission by submitting documents and paying the fees. Candidates are hence advised to read the instructions release by the authorities carefully and act accordingly.
Mop Up Round
The fifth or the final round is conducted to fill the vacant government seats in colleges/schools. The mop up round counseling is generally conducted via offline mode. Candidates can provide his/her consent for participating in the mop up round by online mode. The admission council will give the time period to which candidates can vacate the seats without paying fine. Those empty seats are allotted to candidates via mop up round.
Gujarat Nursing Council 2021 – Reservation of Seats
The seats are reserved into different categories.
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||27%|
- Out of total seats available for Government seats in the B.Sc. Nursing and ONM Colleges/Schools 10% seats will be reserved for male candidates
- For GNM and ANM courses, one seat in each will be reserved for Widow and Orphan girl. Candidates will just need to show the valid certificate issued by Collector/Deputy Collector/DDO/JTDO
- One seats in general category will be reserved for candidates whose parents were in n-service ANMI FHW/ LHVI FHS
- All the approved seats of the Gujarat Professional Nursing and Allied Medical Educational Courses in the Government Schools, Colleges
- All the approved seats of the Gujarat Professional Nursing and Allied Medical Educational Courses in the grant-in-aid Schools, Colleges
- 75% of the total approved seats of the Gujarat Professional Nursing and Allied Medical Educational Courses in the unaided Schools, Colleges
25% seats of the total approved seats (including 15% Non-Resident Indian seats) in the unaided Schools, Colleges:
- If any management seat remains vacant, such seat will be filled in as the available Government seat
- If any unaided School, College or institution including university requests to fill up the Management Seats by the Admission Committee such Management Seats will also be considered as available government seats
Non-Residents Indian (NRI) Seats
15% seats of the total approved seats (including 15% Non-Resident Indian seats) in the unaided Schools, Colleges:
- If any Non-Resident Indian seat remains vacant such seat will be filled as Management seat
- If any unaided School, College or Institution including university requests to fill up the Non-Resident Indian Seats by the Admission Committee such Non-resident Scats will also be considered as available Government seats
Gujarat Nursing Council Contact Details
Candidates can use the following contact information to reach out to the council in case of any queries:
GUJARAT NURSING COUNCIL,
Post Box No. 2021,3rd Floor,
State Council’s House,
Nr. M. P. Shah Cancer Hospital,
Civil Hospital Campus, Asarwa,
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: www.gujaratnursingcouncil.org
Gujarat Nursing Council Contact Number – +079-2268 2089,
Gujarat Nursing Council 2021 – FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
|Q1 On what basis are the candidates been allotted?
Ans: Candidates are allotted based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
|Q2: When will the authorities conduct counselling for candidates?
Ans: The authorities will conduct the counselling in the month of August 2021.
|Q3:How will the authorities conduct the counselling session?
Ans: The authority will conduct the counselling via online mode.
|Q4: What if a candidate could not participate in the first round of counselling?
Ans: If the candidate could not participate in the counselling session can participate in the second round of counselling.
|Q5: What will happen if the seats remain vacant?
Ans: If the seats remain vacant, the authorities will conduct a mop-up round.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on Gujarat Nursing Council 2021