Ashwin Pajankar, IIIT Hyderabad answers:
I hope that if you already know about Lateral entry program at International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT-H) then you must have visited the following link.
It contains the syllabus and exam format in detail. I am also adding it in answer.
- Objective Exam (120 minutes):
- General Aptitude
- Discrete Mathematics
- CS Subjects: Above topics for descriptive + General Subject Knowledge.
- Descriptive Exam (60 minutes):
- Digital Logic; Computer Organization; Programming; Data Structures.
For head start you can start with the relevant topics preparation on the lines of GATE CSE exam. The entrance objective question paper would be similar to GATE CSE.
1) For descriptive exam practice, practice and practice. Practice to solve problems in the steps.
2) Practice general data structures and algorithms related problems on paper in timed fashion. 10 minutes for a medium difficulty level problem is a good measure considering your knowledge, experience and maturity about the topics under discussion.
3) For programming part, they would ask the questions where the code would be of maximum 25-30 lines if written properly. Try to code on paper for practice.
Study general engineering maths and discrete mathematics topics completely. For general aptitude Practice R.S.Agrawal books.
Bhavana Gannu B.Tech CSE IIITH answers
The best way of preparing for the exam is to follow your classes very well. The paper will be mostly based on your 4 semester curriculum. And about the interview, you are asked which is your favorite subject and why. The following set of questions will be based on that.You should be prepared for a long interview (of about 1 hour). You may be asked to elaborate on the topic of your interest. Some random problems may be fired and told to solve. (Don’t worry as the panel will also give hints in solving them) 🙂 You are appearing for a seat in a research stream, you will definitely be questioned about your area of research. There could be questions from graph theory and algorithms. If you have done any projects in your previous college you will be asked about it.
– src1057 Views