How To Crack JIPMER Exam: The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has emerged as one of the top five medical institutes in the country. It has been recognized by the MCI as a ‘center of excellence’ in medical education. Every year, a large number of students appear for the JIPMER MBBS entrance test. Although JIPMER does not prescribe any syllabus for the entrance examination, the JIPMER syllabus is based on Class 11 and 12 syllabi prescribed by the State Board HSC and CBSE. In this post, shall provide you with top preparation tips on how to crack JIPMER.
JIPMER annually conducts its own entrance examination for students seeking admission to its MBBS course with up to 150 seats up for grabs. JIPMER entrance exam is easier in comparison to other national level exams like AIIMS and NEET. Smart work trumps hard work any time so be sure to plan your preparation strategy before starting off with your studies. A little amount of hard work and profound understanding of the important concepts go a long way into helping you how to crack JIPMER.
How to Crack JIPMER Exam
Before we go into the complete JIPMER important chapters in detail, let’s take a look at the subject wise breakdown of the JIPMER question paper.
The question paper of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will consist of five sections, namely, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language & Comprehension, and Quants & Reasoning.
Subject wise question distribution:-
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|English Language & Comprehension||10|
|Quants & Reasoning||10|
Note: JIPMER MBBS 2018 question paper will contain 200 MCQ type questions which will have to be done in 150 minutes. Besides that, there will be negative marking of -1 for every wrong response and +4 will be awarded for every correct response.
How To Crack JIPMER – Preparation Tips
- A proper timetable/study plan
- NCERT books
- Time management
- Previous year papers
- Previous years toppers’ answer sheets
- Conceptual learning
- Mock tests
Let’s go through these preparation tips for JIPMER in detail.
- A proper timetable/study plan must be followed to crack the examination. You have to figure out how much time and effort you have to put in on each topic. Concentrate more on your weaker sections. Also, a proper study planning will help you finish your syllabus on time.
- Read NCERT books for clearing your basics. Solve mock tests, sample papers and previous year papers on a daily basis. 80-90% of the questions come from the NCERT books.
- Try to bifurcate your time equally among all subjects instead of focusing on a single subject. Prepare all subjects in a methodical manner. Fix a time limit and try to finish all your subjects before that time.
- Solve previous year papers. Although the questions may not be repeated, they will give you an idea about the exam, and about the type of questions that are frequented.
- Consistency is another main point that one should be concerned about. Students are ridiculously passionate about their preparations. They craft strategies and design long timetables, decide to put in 4-6 hours of studies every day, abstain from using mobiles and loads of such righteous constraints, but sadly this is adhered to for a few days only. So, it is important that students be determined and focused.
- Make an effort to learn the writing style of the toppers. Previous years’ toppers answer sheets can be easily found on the Internet for all subjects by simply googling “best answer sheets”. It is important to know how to write to-the-point answers and do a neat and clean work.
- In order to finish off things sooner, a high preference for superficial learning than conceptual learning is noticed in students, which is dangerous. It means you are not learning thoroughly and in-depth. Clear your basic concepts and read everything in details.
- Monitor your progress by taking regular mock tests. A mock test is a compass which tells you exactly what you need to focus on. It helps in your preparation, self-evaluation, time management and in understanding your weaknesses because the more problems we are exposed to before the actual exam, the more is the likelihood that we would get it right if a similar problem was asked in the actual exam.
Now that you have the top tips on how to crack JIPMER, you need to know the JIPMER important chapters.
How To Crack JIPMER – Physics Important Chapters
|Chapter / Topic|
|Introduction & measurement||Rotational motion|
|Description of motion in two & three dimensions||Gravitation|
|Description of motion in one dimension||Oscillations|
|Laws of motion||Magnetic effects of current|
How To Crack JIPMER – Chemistry Important Chapters
|Chapter / Topic|
|Basic concepts in Chemistry||Hydrogen & the s block elements|
|Atomic structure||Organic Chemistry – Hydrocarbons|
|States of matter||Chemical Bonding|
|Chemical Kinetics||Purification & characterization of carbon compounds|
|Classification of elements & periodicity in properties||General principles & processes of isolation of elements|
|General organic chemistry|
How To Crack JIPMER – Biology Important Chapters
|Chapter / Topic|
|Diversity in living organisms||Biology & human welfare|
|Ecology & environment||Genetics & evolution|
|Cell structure & function||Structural organizations in animals & plants|
How To Crack JIPMER – English & Comprehension Important Chapters
|Part 1||Reading passages and Note-making|
|Part 2||Writing skills|
|Part 3||Literature and long reading text|
Note: English section also covers synonyms, antonyms and some vocabulary exercises.
How To Crack JIPMER – Quants & Reasoning Important Chapters
|Questions from Analogy test|
|Figure formation & analysis|
|Questions on figure matrix, etc.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. When will the JIPMER PG 2021 application form release?
Ans 1. The JIPMER PG 2021 application forms for the July session were released on 1st March 2021 on the official website.
Q2. How many rounds are there in the counselling process of JIMPER 2021?
Ans 2. The JIMPER 2021 counselling process includes four rounds.
Q3. How much should I score to get into JIMPER 2021?
Ans 3. For a General category candidate, it is advised to score more than 160 marks in the entrance examination.
Q4. Can I crack JIMPER 2021 with a preparation of 6 months?
Ans 4. Yes you can, if you do it the right way. Meaning, revise daily, give proper time to each subject, make notes and follow a time-table.
We hope this detailed article on How To Crack JIPMER helps you in your preparation. If you have any query regarding How To Crack JIPMER or the exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.514 Views