AIIMS Preparation 2019: AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is one of the reputed medical research and educational institute in India. It is a government college run by the Ministry of Health and Family Affair. AIIMS conducts the exam every year for the students who are interested to do MBBS course from AIIMS Institute.
This year AIIMs exam will commence from 25th May and it will end by 26th May 2019. So, any student who is planning to write for AIIMS Exam must have a clear idea first about how to prepare for the AIIMS exam. That’s why in this article we have provided detailed AIIMS preparation tips for you.
Now that you know what you’re in for, let’s look at how you can prepare yourself up in preparation for AIIMS 2019.
To earn a high score, you need to learn how to distribute your time evenly. If you go through the AIIMS paper pattern you will realize that the key to crack AIIMS exam is speed and accuracy. You must know how much time you require for each section of the exam.
To help you achieve this, you need to take mock tests. You also need to practice previous year question papers. Practicing previous year question papers will help you to understand the paper pattern. And also you will get more confidence the more you solve the papers. So, regular practice is required to be thorough in the important chapters for AIIMS. Several tests are available on Embibe with detailed feedback on how you’ve performed and where you need to improve. The tests and feedback on Embibe will help you improve your score by 29%, provided you give the test sincerely.
Regular practice is crucial, particularly in Physics and Chemistry.
- In Physics, you need to know the formula well. Be prepared for calculations and don’t assume anything while preparing.
- In Chemistry, you should go through the reactions for Organic Chemistry and for Inorganic Chemistry.
- Do not take your NCERT Books lightly. A lot of students take the basics lightly and tend to skip these books.
- Physical Chemistry may require a bit of practice depending on how good you are at it.
- For Biology, it’s best to learn with the help of diagrams.
- Also, it’s advisable if you understand the core principle of every derivation or concept. So that it will help you a lot in understanding the numerical type questions.
- Try to spend your time reading magazines like Competition Success Review and Newspapers daily. It will help you in getting some GK Knowledge.
- Note that the paper will contain questions on the latest inventions and development in the field of Science and Technology. The last thing which we want to say that you need to do a lot of hard work sincerely so that your dream comes true.
AIIMS Preparation | 6 exam tips for AIIMS 2019
- You need to be fast since you need to scan your paper before attempting it for which you will need at least 5 mins. Pre-scanning before the paper doesn’t mean reading the entire 4 sections in 5 minutes, it’s simply scrolling through.
- Keep in mind that Biology and General Knowledge require less time compared to the others. Physics needs maximum time, followed by Chemistry. Also, remember that Biology is extremely scoring and can be completed faster than any other subject so aim to attempt Biology first.
- Try and attempt GK towards the end to avoid surprises during the exams. The GK section may be easy but may not always be what you expect.
- Do not rush during the paper: in case you do not know the answer, skip that question. You can come back and attempt that question later.
- There is negative marking, so do not make any wild guesses. In case you aren’t sure or you get stuck, strike out the wrong options first.
- After you’ve attempted the entire paper, it is necessary to revise your selections to ensure they are correct and you haven’t done any silly mistakes. Keep at least 5 minutes towards the end for revision purposes.
This guide will help you go a long way in your AIIMS preparation provided you practice regularly and take mock tests diligently. Get your hands on the AIIMS previous years papers with solutions to give you that extra edge over the exam. Refer to the best books for AIIMS to complement your NCERT books.
All the best for the AIIMS preparation from all of us at Embibe! We hope that this detailed article on AIIMS Preparation helps you in your preparation for the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam. If you have got any query or want to comment on anything then you can post your comments or queries in the comment section below. And we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.278 Views