How To Score Above 90 In Maths Class 12 CBSE: If you are appearing for CBSE Class 12 exam and wondering how to score above 90 in Maths Class 12 CBSE, you have come to the right place. Mathematics requires a thorough knowledge of the theories as well as the application of formulas. Most of the students are scared of Mathematics as it involves a large number of formulas and a lot of logical approaches. However, with knowledge of the underlying theories and proper practice, you can score more than 90 in Class 12 Maths. In this article, we will give you detailed information regarding how to score above 90 in Maths Class 12 CBSE. Read on to find out.
How To Score Above 90 In Maths Class 12 CBSE
Before getting into how to score above 90 in Maths Class 12 CBSE, let us look into the chapter-wise CBSE Class 12 Maths marks distribution:
|Relations & Functions||10|
|Vector & 3-Dimensional Geometry||17|
How To Prepare For Maths Board Exam Class 12 & Score 90+?
Go through the following points to know about how to prepare for maths board exam class 12:
- Although the basic knowledge of the entire CBSE Class 12 Maths syllabus must be clear, extra effort should be put in chapters that have high weightage and these chapters must be mastered.
- Be thorough with the CBSE Class 12 syllabus of Maths. List out all the concepts and topics for every single chapter.
- Start off with the NCERT Maths textbook. Understand the theory behind all the concepts for each chapter.
- As you study a chapter, list out the various Maths formulas for Class 12. This will help in better retention. Also, you will find it extremely useful during revision.
- Understand and practice the derivation of the formulas. Remember the formulas by heart.
- Go through the example problems to understand how to approach the different types of problems in a given chapter.
- Start solving the questions at the end of the chapter. Refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Maths if required. Follow the steps and see how they have solved the problem. It is not necessary that you follow the same steps, just look for the concept that they have used. If you have a better method for solving, go for it.
- Once you have finished the basic syllabus, start practising mock tests and see how much time you take on every problem.
- Improve on your weak areas and speed.
Remember that Maths is all about practice. The more you practice, the better you understand the related concepts and the application of formulas, and the better you get.
How To Score Above 90 In Maths Class 12 CBSE: Important Tips To Score High
Keep the following points in mind while you are preparing for CBSE Class 12 Mathematics:
- Never try to learn any shortcuts to solve the problems directly. You will tend to forget them. As you practice diligently, you will discover the shortcuts yourself. Shortcuts learnt this way will have better retention.
- Do not just memorize the formulas; understand the concept behind them and practice their derivation as well.
- Solve as many CBSE Class 12 Maths questions as possible of different kinds.
- Mark the questions that you find difficult and revise them regularly. Do not stress much. If you are scared from those type of questions then practise them until you are perfect.
- Even if you have mastered a particular chapter, concept or topic, revise and practice them regularly. Otherwise, you might forget them.
- Practice solving questions in a time-bound manner.
- Clear your doubts from your teachers or friends. Discussing a doubt is also helpful.
- Do not practise Reference Books immediately. NCERT is more than enough but you need to finish it from top to bottom. However, if you are not understanding a particular type of problem or if you are weak in any particular concept then go for Reference books.
How To Score Above 90 In Maths Class 12 CBSE: Unit-wise Preparation Strategy
Here are the CBSE Class 12 Maths unit-wise analysis and recommendations:
- As you can see, Calculus carries 44 marks. This means you must focus on this unit the most. Calculus needs a lot of logical approaches which can be mastered only with rigorous practice.
- Vectors and 3-Dimensional Geometry which carry 17 marks are easy units. Make sure to make diagrams as you study and practice, as it helps in better visualization.
- Algebra and Probability are easy units too and hence shouldn’t take much effort to understand. However, both require a lot of practice to understand the application of knowledge and formulas. Probability especially requires a logical approach and hence, the basics must be clear for this unit.
- Relations and Functions, and Linear Programming are relatively easy chapters.
Embibe provides free CBSE Class 12 Maths study material that includes video links and description explaining every single concept in the syllabus in details. You can also solve CBSE Class 12 Maths practice questions which will help you if you are preparing for exams like JEE Main and JEE Advanced. There are questions from the NCERT books as well as other standard books along with the detailed solution. You can also take JEE mock tests on Embibe.
We hope this detailed article on how to score above 90 in Maths Class 12 CBSE helps you in your preparation. If you have any query regarding how to score above 90 in Maths Class 12 CBSE, drop a comment below. We will get back to you.1897 Views