HPCET Preparation Tips: With just a few days left for the Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET) 2019, you should get started with your HPCET preparation right away. The exam is on 12th May 2019 and keeping the HPCET exam date in mind, you should actually start with your HPCET revision. HPCET preparation requires great effort owing to the vast syllabus. Also, for a pumped up HPCET study plan you require the best HPCET books. In this article on HPCET preparation tips and tricks, we bring you the essentials of preparing for the exam and study-material required to complement your HPCET preparation.
Since the HPCET syllabus is similar to that of JEE Main, taking the JEE Main Mock Test on Embibe will be helpful for your HPCET preparation. The mock test will help you improve your time-management and test-taking skills which will boost your confidence level and prepare you for the real exam more efficiently.
HPCET Preparation Tips
HPCET comprises of a single-stage selection procedure. The exam is conducted offline (pen-and-paper-based). The offline paper of HPCET 2019 will have the following sections:
HPCET Preparation Strategy for Physics
Physics preparation is often all about derivates and numerical. With the below HPCET preparation tips for Physics, we assure you will not be disappointed with your score.
- Practice calculation. There is nothing better than having a good hand on calculations.
- Do not stick to one way of solving. Try solving numerical or derivatives in different ways possible.
- Memorize the basic mathematical values like mysqladmins, log, antilog, etc.
- Prepare notes on a regular basis. Notes help you in last minute preparation.
- Do not mug up things. Understand the basics and then go for further practising the topic.
- As you go on finishing topics, keep practising previous year question of the same.
- Strengthen your basics first before going into the depth of the topic.
- Take mock tests to examine your progress.
HPCET Preparation Tips for Chemistry
Preparing for chemistry is all about periodic tables and equations. You need to have a calm and quiet mind in order to start off with your chemistry preparation. Follow the below HPCET preparation tips for chemistry and you have almost reached your target:
- Firstly, divide timings according to the sections you need to cover.
- Prepare brief notes on a regular basis as they will help you with revision.
- Give extra time to complex topics.
- Do not leave tough and important chapters for the last minute.
- Memorize the periodic table along with the atomic mass & number of elements with proper understanding.
- do not go for rote learning.
- Lend extra time to the revision of derivates. Revise it regularly.
- Analyse your HPCET preparation by taking sufficient mock tests.
HPCET Preparation Tricks for Mathematics
Mathematics has always been known to scare the candidates. But, the truth is, if practised well and paid attention to, Mathematics can be one of the fun-filled subjects to prepare for. Many aspirants fail to understand the scoring nature of Mathematics. Fret not if you have the quick HPCET preparation tips to help you prepare for Mathematics section:
- Prepare a proper time-table.
- Practice sums with the help of the examples provided in the book.
- Do not refer to several books at a time. Stick to one book to avoid conflict of ideas.
- Never miss out a day without practising. Practising plays an important role in absorbing the steps of the sums.
- Memorize formulae by understanding them properly.
- Never mug up the steps for sums. Instead, practice it to get a hand on it.
- Pay extra attention to 3D Geometry, Probability, Matrices & Determinants, Complex Numbers, etc.
- Practice previous year papers and take mock tests.
HPCET Books For HPCET Preparation
To prepare well for HPCET 2019, you require a set of the best HPCET books. It is essential for you to possess the below-mentioned books in order to give the best shot to your HPCET preparation:
|Physics book||DB Singh|
|Textbooks of Physics (Class 11 and 12)||NCERT|
|ABC of Chemistry||Modern|
|Textbooks of Chemistry (Class 11 and 12)||NCERT|
|Mathematics for 1st Year PUC||Dr. PG Umarani|
|Textbooks of Mathematics (Class 11 and 12)||NCERT|
With complete HPCET preparation at your disposal, additionally, you can rely on Embibe’s study portal as well. Each topic from every section has been explained here in detail. After completing each topic you can further go for taking mock tests and practising previous year papers to evaluate your study. Owing to the similarity in the sections of HPCET to that of JEE Main, you can take free JEE Main Mock Test on Embibe. JEE Main paper is of a higher difficulty level so taking the mock test for the same will provide you with the best of preparation. So, what else you need for that awesome HPCET preparation ahead? Get started and get going!
If you have any query with this article on HPCET Preparation, do let us know about it in the comment section below and we will get back to you soon.574 Views