HSSC Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019: Haryana Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for various posts in DHBVN (Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam), HVPNL (Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited), UHBVNL (Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited). There are a total of 2978 vacancies that have to be filled through HSSC Recruitment 2019. For more information on the type of post, we advise that you read HSSC Recruitment 2019. HSSC exam is scheduled to be conducted from August 1 to 18, 2019. Interested candidates are advised to fill the application form before the last date i.e. July 25, 2019.
Read this article to find out about the HSSC Syllabus 2019. Going through the HSSC syllabus & exam pattern will help you to understand the paper pattern and the type of questions that can be asked.
HSSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019
Before we get into the details of HSSC Syllabus, take a look at the HSSC exam pattern for 2019. The exam pattern and syllabus are same for all the posts of HSSC.
|Socio-Economic Criteria and experience||10|
Mode of the HSSC Exam: The exam will be either be conducted in online mode i.e. computer-based test or in offline mode. If it’s in offline mode then OMR sheet will be given and candidates have to fill the circle corresponding to the answer.
Type of Questions: MCQ (Multiple choice questions) will be asked. The date, time and the place of the examination will be mentioned in the admit card.
HSSC Syllabus 2019
These are the topics from where the questions will be asked:
- Part – I: 75% of the syllabus will come from the topics General Awareness, Reasoning, Maths, Science, Computer, English, Hindi, and concerned or relevant subject.
- Part – II: 25% of the syllabus will be coming from History, Current Affairs, Literature, Geography, Civics, Environment, Culture, etc. of Haryana.
Let’s look at the syllabus present in each of the section:
HSSC Syllabus 2019: General Awareness
The important topics for HSSC General Awareness are:
- Awards and Honors
- Sports and Trophies
- Countries and Currencies
- Science and Technology
- Countries and Capitals
- Art and Culture
- Books and Authors
HSSC Syllabus 2019: Mathematics
The topics are based on high-school level, elementary Mathematics and will not consume much time to solve the problem.
- Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on Ages
- Speed Time and Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Number Series
- Number System
- Data Interpretation
- Time & Work
- Mixture problems
HSSC Syllabus 2019: Science
Your knowledge of basic, school-level science is tested here. The questions asked are mostly of elementary level.
HSSC Syllabus 2019: Reasoning
This is, basically, a test of reasoning and analytical skills. The important topics for this section are tabulated below:
- Word formation
- Arranging words
- Venn diagram
- Directions & Distances
- Blood Relations
- Missing Number
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
HSSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern: English Or Hindi
Your knowledge of the language is tested in this section. Important topics under this section are:
- English or Hindi Grammar
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- One Word Substitution
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Phrases and Idioms
- Sentence Correction
HSSC Syllabus 2019: Part II
The second part of HSSC Group D Written Exam which carries 25 percent weightage includes the following topics:
- Indian Geography with Focus on Geography of Haryana
- Indian History with Focus on History of Haryana
- Indian Culture with Culture of Haryana
- Current Affairs on Business, Economy, Polity, etc.
HSSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019: Marking Scheme
Candidates fulfilling the socio-economic criteria and experienced will have the following marking scheme:
|If none of the candidate’s mother, father, brothers, spouse, and sons is, was, or has been a regular employee of Government of Haryana or Government of India||5|
|If the applicant is:
a. Widow, or
b. The 1st or the 2nd child and his/her father had died before the age of 42 years
c. The 1st or the 2nd child and his/her father had died before the candidate attained 15 years age
|If the candidate belongs to:
a. Tapriwas Jatis (Denotified Tribe)
b. Vimukt Jati (Denotified Tribe)
c. Nomadic Tribe of Haryana
- Experienced candidates will be getting One-half mark for each year or part of exceeding six months of experience. A maximum of 16 years can be considered. That means the experienced candidates will be getting a maximum of 8 Marks. Experienced candidates are those who are seeking a post in on the same or higher post in Department/ Board/ Corporation/ Company/ Statutory Body/ Commission/ Authority of Government of Haryana.
- Note that, not more than 10 marks will be given to any candidate falling under the socio-economic and experience category.
HSSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019: Exam Day Guidelines
Here are some exam guidelines that every candidate needs to follow.
- Usage of mobile phones is banned inside the exam hall.
- Do not tamper or laminate your HSSC admit card.
- Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter.
- No communication devices or calculator or any electronic gadget is allowed.
- If any candidate caught cheating, then he/she will be disqualified.
We hope that this information on HSS syllabus & exam pattern was helpful. If you are preparing for the HSSC exam then we recommend that you start your preparation as soon as possible. If you have any doubts regarding the exam.
Stay tuned at embibe.com to get latest updates about HSSC exam 2019.2006 Views