IBPS Clerk Previous Year Paper for General Awareness
IBPS Clerk Previous Year Paper for General Awareness 2022: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will conduct IBPS Clerk Mains on October 08, 2022. The Mains exam will be conducted in a computer-based test mode. The General/ Financial Awareness section consists of 50 questions. Furthermore, the maximum marks for this section are 50 marks.
Attempt Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Tests Here!
*Steps to attempt the mock test are mentioned below in this article.
Candidates appearing for IBPS Clerk Mains can check previous years’ GA questions on this page. We have provided the past year’s questions and answers that will help candidates in their preparation. Furthermore, candidates can also check the exam pattern to know the number and questions and marking scheme. Read on to find out more.
IBPS Clerk Exam Previous Year Paper for GA Section 2022: Overview
Before getting into more details, candidates should check the overview of the IBPS Clerk exam from the table below:
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection prescribes the IBPS Clerk Mains exam pattern. Candidates should check the number of questions, duration, and marking scheme from the pattern. Find the IBPS Clerk exam pattern for Mains below:
Number of Questions
General/ Financial Awareness
Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
IBPS Clerk Mains General Awareness Marking Scheme
For every correct answer, candidates will get 1 mark.
For each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25.
Candidates will not get any marks for unattempted questions. Also, there is no negative marking.
How to Attempt IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test?
Access unlimited free IBPS Clerk Mains mock tests at Embibe and boost your confidence to face the examination. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to take the free mock test series:
1) Rate of interest payable on demand deposits 2) Rate of interest payable on fixed deposits 3) Rate of interest charged by RBI on long term borrowings of Public Sector Banks 4) Minimum lending rate decided by RBI which shall be adopted by all Public Sector Banks 5) The minimum interest rate fied by individual banks, below which they cannot lend funds, except cases like Govt, sponsored scheme
Q.11: Banking Sector will fall under which of the following?
1) Agricultural Sector 2) Service Sector 3) Manufacturing Sector 4) Industrial Sector 5) Small Scale Sector
Q.12: The Govt. of India has recently added the following currency for allowing Indian companies to raise debts through External Commercial Borrowings
1) EURO 2) Dinar 3) Great Britain Pound 4) Chinese Yuan 5) Japanese Yen
Q.13: A Saving Bank Deposit Account is one where:
1) The deposits are made only once in a year 2) Amounts are deposited and are withdrawn as per requirement of the customers 3) Periodical Fixed amount are deposited monthwie and withdrawal are allowed after a fixed period 4) The deposits are made once in every month 5) None of these
Q.14: ASBA scheme is related to the Purchase of:
1) IPO 2) CP 3) CD 4) TCs 5) None of these
Q.15: Who among the following is the ex-officio Chairman of the Rajya Sabha at present?
1) Mrs. Pratibha Patil 2) Sri Mohammad Hamid Ansari 3) Dr. Manmohan Singh 4) Ms. Miera Kumar 5) Sri L.K. Advani
Q.16: Which of the following States at the instance of the Supreme Court of India, has decided to conduct electronic auction of Iron Ore stocks to be allotted to Iron and Steel producers?
1) account with a bank with mobile phone linked to interbank mobile payment service 2) account with mobile post office 3) account with bank along with mobile phone linked to international mobile payment service 4) account with bank and mobile phone linked to interstate mobile payment service 5) account with bank along with mobile phone linked to interdistrict mobile payment service
Q.18: Saina Nehwala famous player associated with the game of:
Q.24: In a bank the following are the usual types of deposit accounts
1) Savings accounts, electricity accounts and insurance premium accounts 20 Fixed deposits, Post office savings bank accounts and current deposit accounts 3) Current accounts, savings bank accounts and term deposit accounts 4) Loan accounts, savings bank accounts and term deposit accounts 5) Current bill accounts and term deposit accounts
Q.25: When a bank dishonours a cheque
1) it is called settlement of the cheque 2) it is called withdrawing of the cheque 3) it is called nullifying of the cheque 4) it is called trancating of the cheque 5) it is called return of the cheque unpaid
Q.26: The latest merger of bank with State bank of India is:
1) State Bank of Hyderabad 2) State bank of Indore 3) State Bank of Saurashtra 4) State Bank of Travancore 5) None of these
Q.27: Mr. Salva Kur Mayardit has taken over as the President of:
1) Republic of South Sudan 2) Vietnam 3) Myanmar 4) Libya 5) Iraq
Q.28: The most powerful tool used by the Reserve Bank of India to control inflatin is
Q.29: Sub Prime Lending which was the root cause for global meltdown in banks during 2008 means:
1) Bank finance for non-productive activities 2) Bank finance not properly disclosed in its Balance Sheet 3) Bank finance in violation to the directives of the Central Bank 4) Bank finance to fictitious entities 5) Bank finance who do not qualify for the best market interest rates
Q.30: Which of the following represents female literacy rate in India (As per provisional figures of Census 2011)
1) 60% 2) 62% 3) 65% 4) 70% 5) None of these
Q.31: Corssing of cheques makes them
1) Invali document 2) Inteligible to endorse to a person other than the payee 3) Remain the same in all respect, it is only a practice 4) Eligible for payment irrespective of sufficient balance in the account 5) Ineligible to get cash across the bank counter
Q.32: NEFT and RTGS in banking terminology speaks of
1) Various deposit products 2) Various loan products 3) Electronic Payment Products within a bank 4) Electronic Fund Transfer from bank to bank 5) Cheque Truncation Process
Q.33: The Head Quarters of the World Bank is located in
1) London 2) Paris 3) New York 4) Tokyo 5) None of these
Q.34: Which of the following schemes is lanuched by the Govt. of India only for school children?
1) Kutir Jyoti 2) Kishor Jeevan 3) Aadhaar 4) SEWA 5) None of these
Q.35: Which of the following days is observed as ‘World Ozone Day’?
1) 10th August 2) 16th October 3) 16th September 4) 10th December 5) 19th January
Q.36: Which of the following Awards is given by the Govt of Madhya Pradesh for excellence in the field of classical music/dance etc.?
1) Saraswati Samman 2) Kalidas Samman 3) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 4) Sahitya Akademi Award 5) None of these
Q.37: The ownership of Public sector banks rests
1) Wholly with Government of India 2) Jointly with Government of India and State Bank of India 3) Wholly with shareholders from the public 4) Jointly with Government of India and Reserve Bank of India 5) Jointly with Government of India and shareholders from the public
Q.38: Which of the Cups / Trophies is associated with the game of Cricket?
1) Azlan Shah Cup 2) Davis Cup 3) Nehru Gold Cup 4) Ranji Trophy 5) Wimbledon Trophy
Q.39: Which of the following is the currency of South Korea?
1) Yen 2) Kyat 3) Won 4) Rupee 5) Ringit
Q.40: Who among the following is the Railway Minister of India at present?
1) Sri Sharad Pawar 2) Sri Virbhadra Singh 3) Smt. Ambika Soni 4) Sri Dinesh Trivedi 5) None of these
Q.41: Who among the following was a famour Scientist and is known as the, ‘Father of India’s Nuclear Programme?
1) Dr. Homi J. Bhabha 2) Dr. Satyendra Nath Bose 3) Dr. Vikram Sarabhai 4) Dr. Satish Dhawan 5) Dr. C.V. Raman
Q.42: Which of the following Awards was given to Dr. M. S. Ahluwalia in 2011 by the Govt. of India?
1) Padma Vibhushan 2) Padmashree 3) Bharat Ratna 4) Man of the Year 5) Man of the Decade
Q.43: Which of the following awards is given to Dr. Harish Hande and Ms. Nileema Mishra recently?
1) Ramon Magsaysay 2) Booker Prize 3) Golden Pen Award 4) Mercy Ravi Award 5) Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
Q.44: Which of the following pacts/agreements will allow Afghanistan to sell its goods in India without paying any tax?
1) SAFTA 2) Free Market Agreement 3) Most Favoured Nation Pact 4) Agreement for Direct Foreign Investment 4) Agreement to help Least Developed Countries
Q.45: Non-performing assets mean ……………..
1) the assets have stopped giving losses to a bank 2) the assets have stopped giving capital to a bank 3) the assets have stopped giving income to a bank 4) the assets have stopped giving income and expenses to a bank 5) the assets have stopped giving expenses to a bank
Q.46: Which of the following banks in India has the maximum number of branches and ATMs in India?
1) IDBI Bank 2) Bank of India 3) Punjab National Bank 4) ICICI Bank 5) State Bank of India
Q.47: EFT means:
1) Effective Funds Transfer 2) Efficient Funds Transfer 3) Easy Funds Transfer 4) Electronic Funds Transfer 5) Electric Funds Transfer
Q.48: UNESCO is an organization working in the field of
1) Social Welfare 2) Protecting interest of prisoners of war 3) Framing international laws 4) International Collaboration through education, culture and science 5) Protecting children’s right
Q.49: If a cheque is post-dated
1) bank on whom it is drawn will not honour the cheque before the date of the cheque 2) bank on whom it is drawn has to honour the cheque before the date of the cheque 3) bank on whom it is drawnhas the option to honour the cheque before the date of the cheque or not 4) bank on whom it is drawn has to refer to RBI to bonour the cheque before the date of the cheque 5) bank on whom it is drawn has to reer to the court to honour the cheque before the date fo the cheque
Q.50: Which of the following countries is a Member of G-8?
1) Iran 2) Turkey 3) France 4) Brazil 5) China
IBPS Clerk Previous Year Paper General Awareness Answers
Candidates can find the correct answers to the above questions from 1-50 below.
We hope this article on IBPS Clerk Exam Previous Year Paper for General Awareness Section helps you. Feel free to check our website or download our app if you have any queries. We will surely help you.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on IBPS Clerk 2022!
IBPS Clerk Mains Admit Card 2022: Download Hall Ticket PDF