IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will release the IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment Notification on its official website. It is expected that the IBPS SO 2021 Notification will be available in November 2021. In order to secure their desired posts, candidates have to clear all the stages of IBPS SO Recruitment – Prelims, Mains, and Interview. Last year, the conducting body announced a total of around 647 vacancies for IBPS Specialist Officer Posts. Candidates who are preparing for the IBPS SO exams must check the eligibility criteria before applying online for the posts as offered by the IBPS. Tentatively, the IBPS SO online application will commence in the first week of November 2021 and culminate in the last week of November 2021.
Every year, the IBPS releases a recruitment notification for Specialist Officer posts in various banks across the country. Previously, the conducting body announced vacancies to recruit eligible staff for the post of IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer. IBPS conducts the Specialist Officer recruitment collectively to fill the vacancies in 11 Public sector banks. In this article, we have provided you with all the relevant information on IBPS SO 2021 exam dates, eligibility, vacancy, registration, application fee, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card & more. Read on to find out!
IBPS SO 2021: Specialist Officer Recruitment
Candidates must check the IBPS SO 2021 overview before proceeding further for other relevant details:
|Name of the Exam||IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Frequency of Conduction||Once a Year|
|Vacancies||To be announced|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online|
|Mode of Exam Conduction||Computer-Based Mode (CBT)|
IBPS SO 2021 Exam Dates
The exam dates for IBPS SO 2021 Prelims and Mains have not been announced. Candidates can check the table given below to get an idea of the expected dates for important events under IBPS SO Recruitment 2021.
|Starting Date of Online Registration||November 2021|
|End Date of Online Registration||November 2021|
|Payment of Application Fee||November 2021|
|Admit Card Release||December 2021|
|Preliminary Exam||December 2021|
|Prelims Exam Result||January 2022|
|Mains Exam Call Letter||January 2022|
|Mains Exam||January 2022|
|Mains Exam Result||February 2022|
|Interview Call Letter||February 2022|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2022|
IBPS SO 2021 Vacancy
The official notification for IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment has not been released yet. Candidates can check the previous year’s announced posts and the number of vacancies for their reference. The below table shows the vacancies for IBPS SO 2020 Recruitment:
|Agriculture Officer (Scale-I)||485|
|Marketing Officer (Scale-I)||60|
|IT Officer (Scale-I)||20|
|Law Officer (Scale-I)||50|
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)||07|
|Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)||25|
IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Eligibility
Before applying for the IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment, candidates must go through the eligibility criteria. Candidates who are not eligible for the said exam will not be able to submit their application form on the official website. We have enlisted the IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria as per the candidate’s nationality, educational qualification, age limit, required by the conducting body. Check the full eligibility criteria below.
Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian Citizen or any of the following categories:
- – A Subject of Nepal, or
- – A Subject of Bhutan, or
- – A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- – A Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that these candidates, except Indian citizens, produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India at the time of appointment.
Age Limit: Candidate’s age must be between 20 to 30 years as on November 01, 2020. This means that a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.11.1990 and no later than 01.11.2000 (both dates inclusive).
There is also a provision for age relaxation as per the criteria given below:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|An individual domiciled in J&K during the period January 1, 1980, and December 31, 1989||5 years|
|A person affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Check the post-wise educational qualification requirements from below:
I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
- – 4 year Engineering/Technology Degree (OR) PG in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation. (OR)
- – Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)
- – 4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Horticulture/ Forestry/ Food Science/ Animal Husbandry/Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri. Marketing & Co./ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry/ Agriculture Business Management/ Food Tech./ Dairy Tech./ Agricultural Engineering/ Sericulture
Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)
- – PG Degree in Hindi with English as a core subject (OR)
- – PG Degree in Sanskrit with English & Hindi as core subjects.
Law Officer (Scale-I)
- – Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council.
HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)
- – Graduate and 2 Years Full-time PG degree or 2 Years Full-time PG Diploma in Personnel Management /Industrial Relations/ HR/ HRD/ Social Work/ Labour Law.
Marketing Officer (Scale-I)
- – Graduate and 2 Years Full-time MMS (Marketing)/ 2 Years Full-time MBA (Marketing)/ 2 Years Full-Time PGDBA / PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing.
NOTE: Candidates should ensure that the educational qualification possessed by them shall be as per the prescribed educational qualifications mentioned in the advertisement and they fulfill the above eligibility criteria. No equivalent educational qualification shall be considered as eligible by IBPS or Participating Organisations.
IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Application Form
The application form for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Specialist Officer (SO) posts will be released on the official website soon. Candidates are advised to prepare all the documents required while filling the IBPS SO application form and submit it online. Also, it is very important for the aspirants to go through the eligibility criteria and make sure that they fulfill the same. Else, IBPS will cancel the candidature on the spot.
Candidates must check the following pointers before applying online for IBPS SO 2021.
- Valid Mobile Number
- A Valid Email ID
- Scanned Copy of Photograph, Signature, left-hand thumb impression and declaration
- Class 10 (Matriculation) Certificate and other educational certificates and mark sheets to fill the application form.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
Check the specifications as per which the documents are to be uploaded in the IBPS SO application form.
|Photograph||200 x 230 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs|
|Signature||140 x 60 Pixels||10 – 20 KBs|
|Left Thumb Impression||240 x 240 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs|
|Declaration||800 x 400 Pixels||50 – 100 KBs|
How To Apply For IBPS SO 2021?
The IBPS will release the SO application form online only. Candidates have to fill the application form and submit all the asked documents via online mode. Here, we have enlisted the step-by-step procedure to fill the IBPS SO 2021 application form. Candidates can check to avoid any kind of confusion.
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – ibps.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link “Click here to apply online for CRP SPL-X”
- – 3rd Step: Click on the button “Click Here for New Registration” present at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- – 4th Step: Enter your basic information, like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Mobile Number to register.
- – 5th Step: A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated after you have submitted all the basic information. The credentials will also be sent to you on your registered email ID and phone number.
- – 6th Step: Log in with your Provisional Registration Number and Password to proceed with the next step of registration.
- – 7th Step: Upload the scanned copies of your Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression, and a hand-written declaration in the required format as specified by the officials.
- – 8th Step: Enter your Personal, Academic, Experience, and other details.
- – 9th Step: Verify all the information once you have finished entering all your details. Make sure to click on the “Final Submit” after you are done.
- – 10th Step: Make the payment of the application fee. The accepted modes of payment include Debit Cards, Credit Cards, and Internet Banking.
- – 11th Step: Take a print out of the confirmation page as well as your online application form for future reference.
IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Application Fee
After filling the IBPS SO application form, candidates have to pay the application fee online. Aspirants can use Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking to complete the payment process. As the official notification for IBPS SO 2021 recruitment has not been released yet, we have given the application fee from the previous year’s advertisement. We will update the new information as soon as the conducting body will issue it on its official website.
|General & Others||Rs. 850/-|
IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Selection Process
Candidates have to go through three stages to secure their desired position. Also, no aspirant can skip or jump any stages to proceed further with the selection process under IBPS SO Recruitment. It is mandatory for all the eligible candidates to appear and clear the stages mentioned below.
- – Preliminary Examination
- – Main Examination
- – Interview
The IBPS SO Prelims exam is qualifying in nature. Prelims exam is conducted to shortlist candidates for the Main exam. The marks scored in the prelims exam will not be considered to prepare the final merit list. Candidates qualified for the Prelims exam will be selected for the Mains exam. Thereafter, candidates clearing the mains cutoff will be called for the IBPS SO Interview. The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in Mains exam & Interview.
IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Exam Pattern
Before starting the crucial and vigorous preparation for the IBPS SO Exam Pattern, candidates must make sure that they have gone through the IBPS exam pattern thoroughly. The exam pattern will give an overview of the weightage of topics in the IBPS SO exam, time duration, marking scheme, number of sections, etc. Candidates should check out the table given below to know more about the post-wise IBPS SO Prelims & Mains exam pattern.
IBPS SO Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|General Awareness |
(with special reference to banking industry)
IBPS SO IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Syllabus
It is very important for candidates to go through the IBPS PO Syllabus. Via the syllabus, candidates can prepare for their IBPS SO Prelims and Mains exam in the right direction. The questions which will be asked in the exam will come from the syllabus only and not from any other topic from outside.
- English Language
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Admit Card
IBPS will release the Specialist Officer admit card on the official website separately for Prelims and Mains exams. To access and download the IBPS SO Admit Card, candidates need to enter their ‘Registration Number’/ ‘Roll Number’ and ‘Date of Birth’/ ‘Password’. Aspirants must know that it is compulsory to carry the hardcopy of the admit card on the exam day else they will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. IBPS SO Call Letter will not be sent to any candidate personally. Candidates will have to visit the official website and then download the admit card.
IBPS SO 2021 Recruitment: Result
IBPS Specialist Officer Result will be released separately for each stage of the exam on the official website. IBPS SO scorecard will consist of the post-wise result of candidates who have been selected for the next stage of the exam. Candidates will be able to access their IBPS SO Scorecard by logging in using the correct credentials. In case, a candidate doesn’t remember the password, he/she can click on the Forgot Password option. An OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number. And then, aspirants can change their password to check the IBPS SO Result.
IBPS SO 2021 Participating Banks
There are a total of 11 public sector banks under the IBPS SO Recruitment Process. Candidates who clear all the stages will be placed in the following banks.
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
With a detailed article on IBPS SO Notification, Embibe hopes you are clear with all the doubts regarding the same. The IBPS SO Exam is not far away so you should start the preparation right away. Do not delay further to start off as the more you delay the more confusion you will have at the last moment. Along with the preparation, you can practice as many papers as you can. As the IBPS PO Prelims syllabus & pattern is similar to the IBPS SO Prelims exam, candidates can take free IBPS PO Mock Test Series on Embibe. Taking these tests will help you improve your conceptual knowledge and test-taking skills.
Frequently Asked Questions On IBPS SO Exam
Check the frequently asked questions on IBPS SO exam from below:
|Q1: When can I apply online for IBPS SO 2021?|
Ans. The application form for IBPS SO 2021 is expected to be released in the first week of November 2021.
|Q2: What is the exam date for IBPS SO Prelims 2021?|
Ans. The IBPS SO 2021 official notification has not been released yet. Tentatively, the prelims exam will be conducted in January 2022.
|Q3: What is the selection procedure for IBPS SO 2021?|
Ans. Candidates have to clear three stages to secure their desired post – prelims exam, mains exam, and interview.
|Q4: I am a fresher, can I apply for IBPS SO 2021?|
Ans. Yes, freshers can apply for the IBPS Specialist Officer exam provided they fulfill the IBPS SO eligibility criteria.
|Q5: How many posts are there in IBPS SO exam? |
Ans. There are 6 posts in IBPS SO Recruitment – Agriculture Officer (Scale-I), Marketing Officer (Scale-I), IT Officer (Scale-I), Law Officer (Scale-I), HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I), and Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I).
If you have any confusion with IBPS SO Notification, drop down your queries in the comment section below and we will get back to you.566 Views