IBSAT Selection Procedure 2019-20– The selection procedure of IBSAT starts when the participating colleges shortlist their candidates on the basis of their performance in exam. The IBSAT selection process includes two steps- first one is taking the entrance exam and then the second step of the selection process is group discussion & personal interview. IBSAT Participating Institutes will release the final merit list according to the total score of the entrance exam, GD and PI. A candidate needs to qualify the selection procedure stages of a participating institute individually to become eligible for admission. This article comprises of the information about IBSAT 2019-20 selection procedure in detail.
IBSAT 2020 Selection Procedure: Important Dates
Before proceeding for any entrance exam, knowing its important dates always help. Likewise to know about important dates of IBSAT 2020, read the following table given below.
Important Dates for IBSAT Selection Rounds
|Exam||December 21, 2019 – December 22, 2019|
|Result||January 01, 2020 (Tentative)|
|Selection Briefing||January 11, 2020- January 19, 2020|
|Selection Process||February 22, 2020- February 29, 2020|
|Final Result||March 01, 2020. (Tentative)|
Selection Process of IBSAT 2020:
The selection procedure is a two-step process.
- The aptitude test to take place on 21-22 December 2019. After the declaration of IBSAT 2020 entrance test, shortlisted candidates will be called for next round of selection process.
- The second step of IBSAT Selection Process is the GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview). It will be held on 22-29 February in IBS Hyderabad campus.
Except for IBSAT score and merit list, candidate’s academic performance and work experience are also taken into consideration.
Four Main Stages of IBSAT Selection Procedure:
Slot Booking/ Registration
- – Candidates first have to register for IBSAT 2020 Selection Procedure.
- – Once the cutoff is declared, the selection process registration will start on the official website.
- – You just need to click the relevant link and follow the further instructions to register.
Briefing of Selection
- – Briefings of selection include the seminars oriented at familiarizing the candidates with the programmes and process at IBS.
- – It’s a kind of introduction and orientation programme for the candidates shortlisted for admission at IBS and its allied business schools.
- – The selection briefings will take place in 2nd & 3rd week of January 2020 at the designated centres.
- – The group discussion will be held at the Hyderabad campus of IBS
- – The candidates will be assessed on skills like optimistic outlook, negotiation skills, and leadership through group discussion round.
- – The group size for the same would be 8-10 people.
- – Candidates will be allotted 15-20 minutes to put their opinions on a particular topic.
- – The candidates, after the GD round, will be tested through Personal Interview.
- – This round is conducted to check the confidence level, communication skills, aptitude level, and attitude of the candidates.
IBSAT Merit List 2020
Once the selection procedure is completed, the concerned authorities will release the final merit list. The list will comprise of candidate’s name and roll number. The final list is made on the basis of final scorecard of the entrance, group discussion and personal interview and past academic records.
Weightage for IBSAT Final Merit List:
- – Academic record: 40%
|Academic Record||Weightage in (%)|
- – Group Discussion (GD): 30 %
- – Personal Interview (PI): 30 %
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How many institutes accept the IBSAT 2020 score?
Ans: There are nine institutes which accept IBSAT score.
- – IBS Gurgaon
- – IBS Dehradun
- – IBS Kolkata
- – IBS Mumbai
- – IBS Ahmedabad
- – IBS Jaipur
- -IBS Bengaluru
- – IBS Pune
- – IBS Hyderabad
Question: How many stages are there for IBSAT 2020 selection?
Answer: There are four stages included in the selection process of IBSAT:
- – Slot booking/ Registrations
- – Briefing
- – Group Discussion
- – Personal Interview
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest updates on IBSAT Selection Procedure 2019-20