IES Salary 2019– Engineering Service Exam which is commonly known as Indian Engineering Services is a national level exam organized by UPSC to recruit Engineering Candidates for various posts under the Government of India. IES exam is mainly organized to recruit candidates who completed their graduation in Engineering under the following disciplines – Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. Since the IES is a prestigious job, candidates who are preparing for IES exam must be aware of IES Salary.
Knowing the IES Salary will help candidates to keep themselves motivated towards the IES Exam Preparation. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding the Indian Engineering Services Salary Structure, Pay Scale, Work Profile and Carrer Growth of an IES officer. Read on to find out everything about IES Salary for Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer.
IES Salary 2019 – List of Organizations/Cadres
Before getting into the details of IES Salary, let’s have an overview of the list of the organizations under which the candidates are being recruited through IES Recruitment:
- Border Roads Engineering Service
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Service
- Central Engineering Service for Roads
- Central Power Engineering Service
- Central Water Engineering
- Defence Service Engineering Corps
- Geological Survey of India
- Indian Army Engineering Service
- Indian Navy Armaments Service
- Indian Ordnance Factory
- Indian Railways Service
- Indian Supply Service
- Indian Telecommunication Service
IES Salary Details
Initially, the IES In Hand salary was 42,000. But after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, the approximate IES Salary is Rs.55,135/-. The IES Salary and Pay Scale for different posts are tabulated below:
|Junior level||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 5400|
|Senior Scale||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 6600|
|Junior Administrative Grade||INR 15,600 – INR 39,100||INR 7600|
|Selection grade scale (Chief Engineer L2 / Jt. G M )||INR 37400 – INR 67000||INR 8700|
|Super time grade (Chief Engr. /Additional GM)||INR 37400 – INR 67000||INR 8700|
|Cabinet Secretary Grade||INR 90,000||N/A|
|Apex Pay Scale||INR 80,000||N/A|
IES Salary at Entry Level
The IES Entry-level salary will depend upon the candidate’s location where they are getting posted. The IES has divided cities into 3 classes and candidates will receive the salary according to the class of the city they are posted in. The three classes are listed below:
- Class A: Metropolis
- Class B: Metropolis + Other Big Cities
- Class C: Village + Small Cities
|Class A Cities||Class B Cities||
Class C Cities
|Net Basic Pay||21,000||21,000||21,000|
|Dearness Allowance (125% of Basic)||26,250||26,250||26,250|
|House Rent Allowance||6,300 (30% of Basic)||4,200 (20% of Basic)||2,100 (10% of Basic)|
|Transport Allowances ((15% of Basic + DA)||7,087||7,087||7,087|
|IES Gross Salary||60,637||58,537||56,437|
|IES Deductions (Approx.)||10,000||10,000||10,000|
IES Salary in Hand
IES Salary Deductions
According to the various government policies, some amount of salary will be deducted. The IES Salary deductions are listed below:
- 10% of gross pay is deducted for PF
- The employees must pay Rs 325/- under Central Government Employees Group Insurance.
- NPS Payment – 10% of Basic + Dearness Allowance
- Income Tax Deductions.
IES Salary 2019 – Allowances & Benefits Enjoyed By IES Officer
The list of allowances and benefits enjoyed by an IES Officer is listed below:
- CGHS medical facility
- Dearness Allowance
- Domestic Servant
- Leave Encashment
- Leave Travel Allowance/ Tour Allowance
- Official Vehicle
- Personal Assistant
- Provident Fund
- Residential Quarters or HRA
IES Salary 2019 – Promotions
Candidates who are recruited under IES will be promoted from time to time based on their performance. The IES Officer Promotions are listed below:
- The candidates will be recruited as Assistant Executive Engineer or Assistant Director under IES.
- After 3 to 4 years of experience, the candidate will be promoted as Executive Engineer or Director.
- After 10 to 13 years of experience, the candidates will be appointed as Joint General Manager or Chief Engineer of level 2.
- After completion of 20 years of experience, the candidate will be promoted to Additional General Manager or Chief Engineer.
- After the completion of 30 years of experience, the candidate will become a senior General Manager.
Now that you are provided with all the necessary information regarding IES Salary and we hope this detailed article is helpful. If you have any query regarding this article or IES Salary, please drop your comments in the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Embibe wishes you all the best for your IES exam 🙂