IFS Salary 2020: Every year lakhs of candidates appear for Civil Services Exam (CSE) conducted by the Union Public Services Commission (UPSC). CSE is the gateway to working at the topmost level of bureaucracy – Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
An IFS officer is responsible for dealing with the external affairs of the country which also includes diplomacy, trade as well as cultural relations. Many candidates dream to secure a central government job as an IFS officer due to several benefits, such as free accommodation, transportation, retirement benefits, pension and moreover, it is a highly secured job that provides the opportunity to stay and study abroad.
Also, the 7th pay commision has been approved and for this reason, there is a huge hike in salary for the IFS officers. So, candidates who secure a job as an IFS officer in India will be awarded various perks as mentioned above. Apart from this, the Indian Government also provides Special Foreign Allowances for the candidates who are posted out of the country. In this article, we will provide you with all the detailed information regarding IFS Salary 2020. Read on to find out.
IFS Salary 2020: Pay Scale & Benefits
Before getting into the details of IFS Salary 2019, let’s have an overview of the grades/scale offered by the IFS:
|1||Junior Time Scale|
|2||Senior Time Scale|
|3||Junior Administrative Scale|
|5||Senior Administrative Scale|
|6||High Commissioner / Ambassador|
Indian Foreign Service Officer Salary Structure
The Indian Foreign Service Officer Salary or IFS Salary is tabulated below:
|Grade||Rank||Basic Pay/Grade Pay|
|Junior Time Scale||Under Secretary||8000/5400|
|Senior Time Scale||Under Secretary||10700/6600|
|Junior Administrative Scale||Deputy Secretary||12750/7600|
|Selection Grade||Counselor Director||15100/8700|
|Senior Administrative Scale||Joint Secretary||18400/10000|
|High Commissioner / Ambassador||Foreign Secretary||26000/Nil|
The IFS Salary based on the Ranks are listed below:
- Junior Time Scale – The officers will join as “Under Secretary” and the will range from 8000 to 14000/-
- Senior Time Scale – The officers will join as “Under Secretary” and the salary will be around 10650 to 16000/-
- Junior Administrative – The officers will join as “Deputy Secretary” and the salary will range from 12,750 to 17000/-
- Selection Grade – The officers will join as “Counselor Director” and the salary will be around 15,100 to 18,500/–
- The officer at Senior Administrative level will join as a “Joint Secretary” and the salary will be around 18,400 to 22,500/-
- Officer at High Commissioner or Ambassador level will work as “Foreign Secretary” and they would not receive any grade pay.
IFS Salary: Special Foreign Allowance
The overall IFS salary is around 60,000 per month including all the benefits and allowances. But this salary differs based on the candidates posting, that is if the selected candidate got his/her posting in foreign countries then he/she may receive a salary of 2.40 lakhs under special foreign allowance. Again this Special Foreign Allowance varies from one person to other based on the country they are posted in. This foreign allowance will be increased based on the candidate’s grade and scale.
IFS Salary: IFS Pay Band & Grade Pay
The current Dearness Allowance (DA) is 80% and if the basic pay is projected to 90% then the IFS Pay Band and Grade Pay are listed below:
Junior Scale: The Pay Band of the Junior Scale will range from 15,600 to 39,100 and the grade pay is 5400.
Senior Scale: The Senior Scale is divided into three major categories which are listed below:
- Senior Time Scale: The Pay Band for senior time scale will range around 15600 to 39100 and the grade pay is 6600.
- Junior Administrative Scale: The Pay Band for Junior Administrative Scale will range around 15600 to 39100 and the grade pay is around 7600.
- Selection Grade: The Pay Band for Selection Grade Scale will range around 37,400 to 67,000 and the grade pay is around 8,700.
Super Time Scale: The Super Time Scale Pay Band will be around 37,400 to 67,000 and the grade pay is around 10,000. This Super Time Scale is again divided into three major categories which are listed below:
- Super Time Scale: The Pay Band for the officers under this level is 37,400 to 67,000 and the grade pay is around 12,000.
- Apex Pay Scale: The Pay Band is around 80,000 which is fixed and the officers under this level are not eligible for Grade Pay.
- Cabinet Secretary: The Pay Band is around 90,000 and no Grade Pay.
Other Benefits Of Being An IFS Officer
The other benefits of being an IFS Officer are as under:
- 2 or 3 BHK Accommodation
- Security Guard & Household Helpers
- Medical Expenses
- Electricity & Water Bill
- Free Phone Call
- Abroad Study Options
- Pension & Retirement Benefits
Now you are provided with all the detailed information regarding IFS Salary 2019 and we hope the detailed article on IFS Salary helps you.
If you have any doubt regarding IFS Salary, feel free to drop your comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.23361 Views