IGNOU OPENMAT Syllabus 2020 – IGNOU OPENMAT is an entrance examination, conducted specially for admission to the MBA programme. The examination is held twice a year and is conducted by the NTA (National Training Agency). The IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 syllabus is similar to that of the other popular management examinations. It includes topics like General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning.
However, IGNOU OPENMAT syllabus 2020 has been defined in detail in this article in subject-wise categorization. In order to make the preparation procedure convenient for the candidates, listed below are the four sections of IGNOU OPENMAT (MBA) 2020.
Latest – IGNOU MBA 2020 Application Form has been extended till June 15.
IGNOU OPENMAT Syllabus 2020 (MBA) – Detailed Overview
- General Awareness: This section of the IGNOU MBA 2020 syllabus contains questions in relation to the topic like current affairs, politics, economy, famous people, geography, history, achievements, laws, government, constitution etc.
- English Language: This section of the IGNOU OPENMAT syllabus contains reading comprehension and thee candidates are required to answer multiple choice questions (MCQs) that are based on the passage. Moreover, it has questions related to grammar including Idioms, Sentence Corrections, Relation Pair of Words, Fill in the blanks based on word meanings, Synonyms and Antonyms etc.
- Reasoning: This section tests the reasoning skills of the candidates and the topics mostly are related to Reasons and assertion, Pie charts, Cubes, Visual reasoning, Symbol based problems, Statements and conclusions, Statements and assumptions, Family tree, Critical reasoning, Coding and decoding, Cause and effect, Assumption – Premise – Conclusion etc.
- Quantitative Ability: The numerical and quantitative ability of the candidates are checked through the questions of this section. Some of the very common topics that are included in this section are: Mensuration, Coordinate geometry, Trigonometry, Mixtures and allegations, Geometry, Functions, Set Theory, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Inequality, Surds and Indices, Sequences and series, Binomial Theorem, Logarithm, Complex Numbers, Linear equations, Quadratic Equation, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Ratio, Average, Profit and Loss, HCF and LCM etc.
To Practice IGNOU OPENMAT Mock Test 2020 – Click here
An overview of the section-wise IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus
Various topics under every section of the IGNOU MBA 2020 examination are given through the tables below:
IGNOU MBA Syllabus for English Language
|Idioms and Phrases||Choose Analogous Pair|
|Synonyms||Pair of Words|
|Sentence Improvement||Fill in the blanks|
IGNOU MBA Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
|Pipes and Cisterns||Decimals and Fractions|
|Simplification||Mixture and Allegation|
|Sets||Profit and Loss|
|Time and Work||Calendar|
|Table||Problems on Train|
|Permutation and Combinations||Probability|
|Volume and Surface Area||Number System|
|Area and Parameter||Clocks and Discount|
|LCM and HCF||Compound Interest|
IGNOU MBA Syllabus for Reasoning
|Direction and distance||Complete word Analogy|
|Analytical reasoning||Number series test|
|Logical reasoning||Letter series test|
|Mixed and Substitution coding||Cubes and dice questions|
|Decision Making||Number Analogy test|
|Blood relations||Number Test|
|Letter test||Ranking Test|
IGNOU MBA Syllabus for General Awareness
|Person, Places, Awards||English Language|
|History of India||Countries|
|General Knowledge||World Organisations|
|General Awareness||Sports CE|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Pattern Highlights
- There is no negative marking system.
- Duration of the examination is 180 minutes, i.e., 3 hours.
- Go through the question papers of last year for better understanding of the topics.
- There will be four sections of IGNOU OPENMAT question paper- English, Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, and General Awareness.
OPENMAT Paper Pattern 2020 – Sectional Weightage
|Section||Number of questions||Marks per section|
|Test I – General Awareness||30||30|
|Test II – English language||50||50|
|Test III – Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Test IV – Reasoning||70||70|
We hope this article on IGNOU MBA Syllabus 2020 helps you. If you have any question, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get the latest updates on IGNOU OPENMAT Syllabus 2020.579 Views