IIIT Guwahati Placement 2020 – Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT), Guwahati organizes campus placements each year for all B.Tech and M.Tech programmes. It is important for the candidates to be aware of the IIIT Guwahati 2020 placement before they get admission in the university. More than 50 recruiters including Microsoft, Accenture, Infotrustl provide placements to the students.
As per the official website in the year 2019, a total of 59 B.Tech and 27 M.Tech students were placed in some of the top-notch companies. The average package of Rs 12.7 LPA was offered to most of the programmes and the highest placement package was offered to the CSE branch of B.Tech. To know the name of the companies and co-ordinators, candidates can check below the article on IIIT Guwahati 2020 placement.
IIIT Guwahati Placement 2020
The purpose of this placement cell at IIIT Guwahati is to ensure that placements and internships of registered students are guided by fair and consistent principles and sound administration so that there are a positive experience and outcome for all stakeholders. The Placement process at IIIT Guwahati covers summer internships for pre-final year students as well as internship and full-time employment (FTE) for final year students. Several students who pursue summer internships are offered full-time jobs by their respective company.
IIIT Guwahati Placement – Past Recruiters
|ABB Corporate Research Centre||Microsoft||TechJect|
|IBM Global Services||Wipro||Aptude|
|Zaloni||Robert Bosch RTC||Kuvera|
|Staqu||Dimension NXG||Algoma Mills|
IIIT Guwahati Placement 2020 Highlights
IIIT Guwahati has an active Training and Placement Cell (T&P Cell) that facilitates placements of students in their final years. In 2019, the institute called for more than 56 companies to visit their annual placement drive as compared to last year. The college witnessed an increment of 52 per cent in average salary offered to its students which were Rs 12.7 LPA in 2019 compared to Rs 6.7 LPA last year. The highest CTC of Rs 56 LPA was offered this year to CSE branch students.
IIIT Guwahati Placement – Statistics
|Total number of students registered||59|
|Total number of students placed||41|
|Highest domestic package||26 LPA|
|Highest international package||56 LPA|
|Average package||12.7 LPA|
|Total number of companies visited||56|
IIIT Guwahati Placement Status 2018-19
IIIT Guwahati had a successful placement session during 2018-19. Some of the companies where the students got placed are – Instahyre, Kuvera, Kirusa Tech, TCS, AlgomaMills, Cohesity, Wipro, TechJect, IBM, Adapt Ideation, Nayan, Distill, Datakalp, StatWig, Antares, EdgeTensor, Infotrust, Cerelabs, HumbleSchool, Vassar, Nagarro, ThoughtWorks, Guavus, Aptude, etc.
Apart from this, many students opted for higher education abroad. The universities where students were selected are University of New York, and National University of Science, Singapore. Check below the IIIT placement statistics:
|Total student registered||27||32|
|Total job offered||11||49|
|Average salary (for domestic offers only)||5.19 LPA||12.75 LPA|
|Median salary||4 LPA||6.5 LPA|
|Total student selected||10||25|
|Students going for higher studies||16||4|
|Students having their own company||1||0|
|Highest salary||7 LPA (domestic)||21 LPA (domestic),56 LPA (international)|
|Percentage placed so far||37 Percent||83 Percent|
IIIT Guwahati Placement Procedure
Students pursue a summer internship of 10-12 weeks after their sophomore year and their third year in corporate industries and academic institutions in India and abroad where they apply the theoretical classroom gained knowledge into the real world. These internships provide the students with an immense amount of exposure making them ready to enter the professional world. Check below the procedure of placement at IIIT Guwahati:
- The Placement Office (the official point of placements at IIIT Guwahati) or the Placement Cell (the body of student representatives) sends invitations to companies along with relevant information.
- Companies/Organisation fills a CRF (Company Registration Form) containing the details of the job offer (pay package, tentative job location, allowances and other bonuses). The CRF is made available online to the students along with all the information furnished by the companies. To fill up the CRF form.
- The Placement Cell allots dates to companies for campus interviews based on certain details given by the company. The companies confirm the dates with the Placement Office. These dates are then forwarded to the students.
- Interested students who show their interests to appear for the recruitment process of the company are asked to register for the forms. Companies are provided with the resumes of interested students.
- Companies come down to the campus on the allotted date(s) and conduct tests and/or interviews in accordance with their recruitment process. The company/organisation is required to furnish the final list of students preferably on the date of interview.
- The Placement Office also coordinates the signing of offer letters by the students who have been selected to ensure that they reach the company/organisation as early as possible.
Companies are allotted dates on the basis of the job offer. The job offer is ranked based on the Compensation Package, Growth Prospects and the division of interest of the students.
IIIT Guwahati Placement 2020 – Pre-placement talks (PPT)
The notices about the PPT will be displayed on the notice board of the Training and Placement Cell of the Institute. Students should occupy the venue 15-minutes before the scheduled start of the PPT. Students who are interested in a particular company must attend its PPT without fail. They must clarify details regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details etc with the companies during PPT.
IIIT Guwahati Placement 2020 – Facilities
Placement Cell of IIIT Guwahati is well equipped with good infrastructure to support each and every stage of the placement processes in the campus. The pre-placement talks rooms, group discussion rooms are equipped with LCD projectors, PCs and audio-video facilities. Placement office, IIIT Guwahati has a sufficient number of interview rooms.
IIIT Guwahati Placemen Team 2020
|Dr. Dip Sankar Banerjee||Placement In-charge Assistant Professor (CSE)|
|Dr. Bijit Kumar Das||Associate Placement In-charge Assistant Professor (ECE)|
IIIT Guwahati Placement 2020 – Other Related Information
- Medical Test: The Placement office assumes that every selected student will pass the medical test. If there is a rejection at this stage, the student will be allowed to seek placement through this office again.
- Joining Status: In case, students decide not to join the company, they should inform the company in writing in advance. They are also required to submit a copy of that letter to the Placement Office.
- Dress Code: Students must be formally dressed (white shirt, black trousers, tie and black blazer (during winter)) whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with a company. This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process if their attire is unsatisfactory.
- Identity cards: Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on IIIT Guwahati Placement 2020139 Views