JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry releases the eligibility criteria of JIPMER along with the notification. All the interested candidates are advised to go through the JIPMER eligibility criteria 2021 before they fill in the application form.
Also, JIPMER 2021 eligibility criteria will be the same as NEET exam. However, the exam conducting body also releases its own eligibility criteria of JIPMER based on, nationality, age, educational qualification, and minimum marks. Candidates will have to meet the JIPMER 2021 eligibility criteria or else their candidature will be canceled at any stage of the admission process. Only those candidates who fulfill the JIPMER eligibility will be able to apply for the exam. For detailed information about JIPMER 2021 eligibility criteria, candidates can go through the article below.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2021
All candidates who wish to appear in the entrance exam have to meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria of the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER).
Candidates applying for JIPMER must be a citizen of India or an Overseas Citizen of India. Those belonging to any other nationality will not be eligible for JIPMER admission.
- Only those candidates who are 17 years of age as of 2021, will be eligible to apply for JIPMER.
- As per the last year’s notification, there is no upper age limit to apply for JIPMER. However, as per NEET, the upper age limit is 25 years as of the date of examination. Also, candidates belonging to reserved categories can check below the age relaxation given to them:
|Categories||Upper age relaxation|
|SC/ST/OBC-NCL and PwD||Five Years|
- Candidates who have completed and passed in class 12th with Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology along with English from any recognized board by the Government of India will be eligible for JPMER.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2021 – NEET Codes
The eligibility criteria of JIPMER are the same as NEET. However, the authorities have prescribed code-wise NEET educational qualification. Candidates can check the details:
NEET Code-Wise Educational Qualification
|Code||NEET Educational Qualification Requirements|
|01||Those who are appearing or awaiting the result of class 12th are eligible to appear for NEET but they need to produce the relevant documents at the time of admissions in JIPMER MBBS.|
|02||Candidates studying in the higher/senior secondary examination or ISC (ISC) equivalent to class 12 are eligible for this code. The last two years (class 11th and 12th) must include science subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English (as a core subject). Those candidates who have passed class 10+2 in 2019 or before and have not pursued any other course after completing class 12th will be eligible for this code.|
|03||Those candidates who have appeared for intermediate/pre-degree examination in science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects can select this code. Also, those who have completed the qualifying examination can apply from this code.|
|04||Those who have passed the pre-medical/pre-professional exam after qualifying in HSC can choose this code. The qualifying examination must also include science practical tests.|
|05||Candidates completing three years of bachelor’s degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as main subjects and have qualified the first year with the practical test are eligible to apply for this code. They are also required to pass 10+2 in order to apply via this code.|
|06||Candidates with a B.Sc degree with at least two of the subjects – Chemistry, Physics, Biology (Botany/Zoology), and Biotechnology can choose this code. Along with that, the candidates are also required to pass class 12th with PCB and English.|
|07||Those who have passed an examination equivalent to an intermediate examination from any Indian University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English must select this code. The qualifying last two years should include Physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology along with practice tests.|
Minimum Marks Requirement
The exam conducting body also determines the JIPMER eligibility criteria on the basis of minimum marks requirements. Candidates can check below category-wise minimum marks requirements in the qualifying examination.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria – Category-wise marks requirements
|Category||Minimum Marks Percentage|
|SC/ST/OBC (PwD)||40 percent|
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Reasons for Rejection
- Those candidates who have applied through SC/ST category and do not have a valid certificate in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority will not be eligible for admission.
- If the candidate does not submit the OCI Registration Certificate issued by the Competent Authority will be rejected.
- Candidates who have applied under Puducherry status with no valid proof will not be selected.
- Candidates not securing the minimum prescribed marks in the qualifying examination will not be eligible.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Points to Remember
Candidates must know the points of the JIPMER 2021 eligibility criteria mentioned below to avoid rejection as to any later stage.
- Candidates who have passed in the qualifying examination other than those prescribed by the exam conducting body will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission. The certificate (must be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi) is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- Those candidates whose result has not been declared at the time of release JIPMER 2020 application will be considered eligible to register online provided that they must fulfill other eligibility criteria like age limit, nationality, and educational requirements. However, they will be only considered eligible once the result of Class 12 is declared.
- Those who do not meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria of JIPMER will not be further selected or their candidature might be canceled.
FAQs on Eligibility for JIPMER
Question- What rank is required for JIPMER?
Answer– A minimum of 60% marks (50% marks for ST / SC and OPH categories) must have been obtained by candidates from any recognized board of education with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subject.
Question- How much should I score in NEET to get into JIPMER?
Answer– JIPMER will conduct its admission through NEET score through All India Counselling. You haven’t mentioned your Category, but you will need at least 650 and above. This is because JIPMER has only 200 seats available, and it is one of the prestigious medical Institutions of India.
Question- Who is eligible for JIPMER?
Answer– Candidates should pass the 12th/Higher Secondary/Indian School Certificate or equivalent examination from any recognized board/university. Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology are the main subjects to having in the qualifying exam.
Question- How can I crack the JIPMER MBBS exam?
Answer– Analysing previous year papers, forming a good strategy for preparing for the JIPMER MBBS examination, giving trails on mock test for the test, and the subject wise syllabus can help easily crack the exam.
Question- Is it easy to get into JIPMER?
Answer– JIPMER annually conducts its entrance examination for students seeking admission to its MBBS course, with up to 150 seats up for grabs. JIPMER entrance exam is more accessible in comparison to other national level exams like AIIMS and NEET.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 20211701 Views