JIPMER 2019 – About
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical and Research (JIPMER) is one of the most reputed medical colleges in India. Every year, it conducts JIPMER UG exam to select candidates for admission to MBBS course in the institute. JIPMER 2019 UG is a national-level exam. It is one of the three medical entrance exams in India, AIIMS UG (for admission to the All India Institutes of Medical Science) and NEET UG (for admission to all other medical and dental colleges in India – both government and private) being the other two.
JIPMER has two campuses – the main campus is located in Pondicherry; the other campus is at Karaikal. There are a total of 200 seats under JIPMER 2019 UG exam – 150 seats at the Pondicherry campus and 50 seats at the Karaikal campus. Around 2 lakhs candidates appear for the exam every year for these 200 seats. Here, we will provide you with all the necessary information about JIPMER Notification 2019.
JIPMER 2019 Important Dates
The important dates for JIPMER 2019 according to the JIPMER Notification are tabulated below:
|Availability of admission form||
6th March 2019
|Last date of JIPMER registration||
12th April 2019
|Release of JIPMER admit card||
20th May 2019
2nd June 2019
|Declaration of JIPMER result||
7th June 2019
26th June to 28th September 2019
30th September 2019
JIPMER 2019: JIPMER Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the JIPMER 2019 eligibility criteria as released in the JIPMER Notification before filling up the JIPMER application form:
Nationality: Candidates must be Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
Age: Candidates must be at least 17 years old (born on or before 1st January 2003). There is no upper age limit for JIPMER UG 2019.
Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam from any recognized board. Candidates who are appearing for Class 12 or equivalent exam in 2019 can also appear for the exam.
Subjects In Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English in Class 12.
Percentage In Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually. The aggregate marks of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology should be 50 percent (40 percent for SC/ST/OBC/OPH candidates and 45 percent for General-OPH candidates).
JIPMER 2019 Application Form
As per the JIPMER notification, candidates can apply for JIPMER 2019 only in online mode. The JIPMER application form will be made available on the JIPMER official website on 6th March 2019. The last date to apply for JIPMER 2019 is 12th April 2019.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of JIPMER – jipmer.edu.in
- Step 2: Click on the link provided to apply online for JIPMER 2019.
- Step 3: Enter your basic details, like Name, Email ID, Phone Number, etc. to register yourself. Your login credentials will be generated and sent to your registered email ID.
- Step 4: Use your login credentials to log in.
- Step 5: Fill up the JIPMER online application form by entering your personal, academic and postal details.
- Step 6: Upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature.
- Step 7: Check the entered details and make changes if necessary.
- Step 8: Go to the “Payment” tab and make payment of JIPMER application fee.
- Step 9: Submit your JIPMER application form.
- Step 10: Take print out of your JIPMER online application form for future reference.
JIPMER 2019 Application Fee
The JIPMER application fee 2019 as per the JIPMER notification for different categories are tabulated below:
Students can pay JIMPER application fees only in the online mode. They can either pay it through Debit Cards, Credit Cards or Net Banking. Category-wise application fees for JIMPER 2019 is tabulated below:
|OPH & P||
JIPMER Application Fees should be paid through:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
JIPMER 2019 Requirements For Photograph & Signature
- a. Candidates must upload a recent, colour passport sized photograph (30 mm x 45 mm)
- b. The photograph must be in JPEG format and saved as Candidate Photograph.jpg.
- c. The size of the photograph should be between 20-200 kb.
- a. Candidate’s signature must be on a white paper (80 mm x 35 mm) in black ballpoint pen ink.
- b. The signature must be in JPEG format and saved as Candidate Signature.jpg.
- c. The size of the signature should be between 20-200 kb.
JIPMER 2019 Exam Pattern
JIPMER is a single staged exam which is conducted in online mode. The total time duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes. The exam is conducted in 2 shifts – Morning and Afternoon shift. JIPMER is conducted only in English medium. There is no negative marking for JIPMER. Check out the table below for the detailed JIPMER Exam Pattern:
|Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks|
|English Language and Comprehension||10/40|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10/40|
As you can see, each question in JIPMER carries 4 marks; 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
JIPMER Syllabus 2019
The JIPMER 2019 syllabus for UG is same as the CBSE / state-board Physics, Chemistry and Biology syllabus of Class 11 and 12. JIPMER will conduct a mock test before the actual exam and candidates must take the test to get an idea about the nature and level of the exam.
Best Books For JIPMER 2019
For JIPMER, first finish the NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Biology textbooks of Class 11 and 12 (or the textboooks recommended by your board). Once you have finished them thoroughly, you can use the following books:
|1. JIPMER Medical Entrance Examination by RPH Editorial Board|
|2. JIPMER MBBS 14 Years Solved Papers by Arihant|
|3. Target JIPMER by Arun Kumar|
|4. NCERT Xtract – Objective Biology for Class 11 and 12|
|5. Objective Physics by Satya Prakash Arya|
|6. Objective Chemistry by MTG Editorial Board|
|7. Objective Botany by MTG Editorial Board|
|8. Objective Zoology by MTG Editorial Board|
|9. JIPMER Pondicherry Medical Entrance Exam: Previous Years’ Solved Papers|
|10. 12 Years Solved Papers JIPMER Medical Editorial Compilation|
JIPMER Admit Card 2019
JIPMER Admit Card will be released on the official website. No hard copy of the admit card will be sent via post or any other means. Candidates will have to log in with their login credentials sent to their registered email ID at the time of online registration to download the JIPMER hall ticket. The JIPMER admit card is a very important document which will be necessary until the end of the admission process. Without the JIPMER admit card, candidates will not be allowed to sit for the exam. The admit card will contain all the necessary information about the candidate and the exam.
JIPMER Cutoff And Final Merit List
The JIPMER cut off marks for different categories are tabulated below:
|Unreserved (UR) / NRI / OCI||
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||
|SC / ST / OBC / -OPH||
Merit list will be based on the normalized percentile score. Candidates who do not clear the minimum percentile will not be included in the merit list.
In case two or more candidates secure the same total percentile score,
- First preference will be given to the one who has secured a higher percentile score in Biology.
- If that doesn’t break the tie, first preference will be given to the one who has secured a higher percentile score in Chemistry.
- If that doesn’t break the tie, first preference will be given to the one who has secured a higher percentile score in Physics.
- If that doesn’t break the tie, first preference will be given to the one who has secured a higher percentile score in English Language and Comprehension.
- If that doesn’t break the tie, first preference will be given to the one who has secured a higher percentile score in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
- If the tie still exists, candidates who are older will be given preference.
JIPMER Counselling 2019
Only candidates whose names are listed in the final merit list will be eligible to appear for JIPMER counselling. The JIPMER counselling involves the following stages:
- a. Registration: Eligible candidates will have to register to appear for the JIPMER counselling.
- b. Biometric Fingerprint And Image / Photo Verification: Fingerprint and Image of the candidates will be verified on the day of the JIPMER 2019 counselling. If any mismatch is found, candidates will not be allowed to appear for counselling.
- c. Certificate Verification: In this stage, candidates will have to submit original copies and self-attested photocopies of the following documents and certificates:
1. Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the centre Representative/Invigilator
2. Rank Letter
3. Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate)
4. Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination
5. Statement of marks of the qualifying examination
6. Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied
7. Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar
8. In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
9. Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate
10. Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied
11. In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus
12. Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate
13. Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- d. Counselling: First, General (UR) & Orthopedically Candidates (OPH) will be called to fill up the seats, followed by SC/ST/OBC candidates, and lastly UT of Puducherry UR/OBC/SC/OCI/NRI candidates. The category-wise seat distribution is tabulated below:
JIPMER Puducherry / JIPMER Karaikal
50 / 15
16 / 6
11 / 4
28 / 10
P – UR
23 / 7
P – OBC
11 / 5
P – SC
6 / 2
NRI / OCI
5 / 1
Total 150 / 50 200
We hope this article provides all the necessary information regarding JIPMER 2019. JIPMER 2019 is expected to be highly competitive. With such a huge number of candidates appearing for the exam, clearing the JIPMER cutoff alone is not enough to get admission to this reputed medical college. You need to score high and scoring high in exams like JIPMER is possible only when you have a smart preparation plan. At Embibe, you can practice and take JIPMER mock tests for free. Make the best use of them.
All the best!