KIITEE Exam pattern 2020: Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination (KIITEE) is a national level entrance exam conducted for admission to B.Tech and various other courses in KIIT. If you want to pursue your engineering in a renowned institute then here is an opportunity for you. Know all about KIITEE and start your preparation to crack this exam.
The official KIITEE notification 2020 is out and the registration process has begun. All the interested and eligible candidates can now start to apply for the exam. KIITEE exam will be conducted from 14th of April 2020 to 23rd April 2020.
KIITEE is an Online computer-based test conducted at various examination centres across the country. The exam consists of 3 sections i.e, physics, chemistry and mathematics. KIITEE also has negative marking scheme.
The exam consists of only multiple choice questions. 40 questions are asked under each section and a total of 120 questions are asked in the exam. The total time duration is 3 hours. 4 marks will be awarded for a correct answer and one mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer. Go through this article and know all about KIITEE Exam Pattern 2020.
KIITEE Exam Pattern 2020 – For Engineering
Before getting into the detail of KIITEE Exam Pattern let’s go through the overview of the exam which is as follows:
|Name of the Exam||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar|
|Type of Exam||National Level Exam for UG & PG Courses|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a Year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online CBT|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
KIITEE Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
Let’s go through the KIITEE Exam Pattern in detail:
Number of Questions / Maximum Marks
- KIITEE exam will only be in English medium.
- The KIITEE Exam is an Online Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Only Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) will be asked each with four options available to mark a correct one.
- For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- The exam has negative marking scheme. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The total exam duration is 180 minutes.
- The maximum marks is 480 and the total number of questions is 120.
KIITEE Exam Pattern 2020 – Important Dates
Let’s go through the important dates of KIITEE Exam 2020:
|Starting Date for KIITEE Application||16th November 2019|
|Last date to Apply||31st March 2020|
|The Release of Admit Card||5th April 2020|
|Last Date to Download Admit Card||10th April 2020|
|Exam Date||14th April 2020 to 23rd April 2020|
|KIITEE Results||26th April 2020|
|KIITEE Counselling Starts||12th May 2020|
KIITEE Exam Pattern 2020
KIITEE is a Computer Based Exam and candidates have to mark an appropriate option as an answer by clicking on the circle adjacent to the option using the computer mouse. Following are a few key details regarding CBT:
- Each and every question has four options available out of which you need to choose one.
- You can go to any question directly by clicking on the question number which appears at the bottom of the screen.
- You are free to navigate, modify the options or answer any question, from any of the three section as per your will within the test duration of 180 minutes.
- The questions answered will be marked Green and the unanswered or skipped question will be marked Blue in colour.
- If you are not sure about the answer you can mark the question for review by clicking on ‘Mark For Review’ button. Once you come back to the question at a later stage to answer it, it will get unmarked.
- If you want to change your answer click on the question number and change it by clicking on the appropriate answer.
- After answering the questions in a sequence of a particular section you will automatically be directed to the first question of the next section.
- If you complete your test before the allotted time you will see a confirmation page providing you with two options. One is to go back to the test and the other is to complete the test.
- If you want to go back and review your answers click on go back to test otherwise click on ‘Submit’. Note that clicking on submit will end the test indicating the completion of the test.
KIITEE Exam Pattern 2020 – General Guidelines
- A system will be allocated to each candidate. The computer shows a welcome screen and the candidate has to wait to start the test.
- The candidate will be provided with a sheet for rough work.
- The candidate has to login entering the password given in the admit card and wait for the administrator to start the test.
- Technical in-charge initiates the ‘Start of test’ which refreshes the screen and enables the candidate to start the test.
- As soon as the candidate starts the test the timer starts and the candidate can check the time left.
- The candidate cannot take any breaks before the completion of the exam.
- After the completion of the test a thank you note appears on the screen indicating the completion of the test.
We have provided with all the information regarding KIITEE Exam Pattern 2020. Check out KIITEE Syllabus and start your preparation. Take mock tests and revise the learnt topics. It is also good to take topic wise practice tests which will help to improve your performance.
Embibe provides Free JEE Mains Mock Tests Series which will help you in your preparation as all the engineering exams have almost the same syllabus. At Embibe, you can get a detailed exam analysis which will help you to analyse the pattern in which you have taken your test indicating time spent on each question, perfect and wasted attempts, etc. Taking these tests will help you improve your knowledge, problem-solving skills and test-taking skills, thus boosting your overall performance.
We hope this article has answered all your queries and if you have any further questions, please feel free to post it in the comment box below. We will get back to you on that at the earliest.1754 Views