About LIC Assistant Prelims Exam 2022
Life Insurance Corporation of India conducts the LIC Assistant 2022 exam to recruit candidates for the Class 3 posts of Assistant (Clerk) to perform the various duties of Clerical Staff such as Cashier, Single Window Operator, Customer Service Executive, and more. The detailed notification for LIC Assistant recruitment will be published by the Life Insurance Corporation of India on its official website.
The selection process for LIC Assistant includes two phases, i.e., Prelims and Mains. Furthermore, the candidates have to undergo a medical exam and an official state language test before the appointment. Candidates must go through the probation period after clearing all stages of the exam. Scroll down to know more about the LIC Assistant Prelims 2022.
LIC Assistant Prelims 2022 Exam Summary
LIC of India is one of the pioneer corporations in India for insurance. The corporation releases the LIC Assistant notification for vacancies throughout the country. Candidates who want to join the corporation can apply for the LIC Assistant Recruitment 2022. Let us have an overview of the LIC Assistant Exam 2022 before getting into other details:
||Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
|Number of Vacancies
||To Be Notified Soon
|Level of Examination
||English and Hindi
||To Be Notified Soon
|Stages of Examination
Language Proficiency Test
LIC Assistant Prelims Latest Update 2022
As of now, no updates have been issued by the Life Insurance Corporation of India. Any important information will be updated here as and when issued by the recruitment body.
LIC Assistant Prelims Notification 2022
LIC Assistant Notification 2022 will be released by the Life Insurance Corporation of India soon on its official website. The recruitment will commence with the release of official notification. The notification will include all relevant information such as eligibility criteria, age limits, exam dates, and more. Candidates who want to apply for LIC Assistant 2022 must check the official website and notification on a regular basis for up-to-date information.
LIC Assistant Prelims Important Dates 2022
Along with the official notification, the exam dates for the LIC Assistant 2022 exam will be released. The dates will be updated in the table below once the conducting authority releases it:
|LIC Assistant Notification Released
||To Be Notified Soon
|Commencement of Online Registration of Application
||To Be Notified Soon
|Closure of Registration of Application
||To Be Notified Soon
|Call Letter for Online Preliminary Examination
||To Be Notified Soon
|LIC Assistant Prelims Exam
||To Be Notified Soon
|LIC Assistant Prelims Result
||To Be Notified Soon
|LIC Assistant Mains Exam
||To Be Notified Soon
LIC Assistant Prelims Vacancy 2022
The conducting authority has not yet issued the official notification for LIC Assistant Recruitment. The notification will soon release the vacancy details for both male and female candidates of all zones. Till then candidates can check out the LIC Assistant vacancy of all zones for the year 2021:
|Northern Central Zone
|Eastern Central Zone
|South Central Zone
LIC Assistant Prelims Salary & Job Profile 2022
LIC is a reputed corporation known for its great standards of work, large customer base, and ethical culture. The benefits of working for a top government-owned company are substantial. All selected candidates have to go through a probation period of one year from the date of joining. This time frame can be extended to a maximum of two years. Note that the probationary period might be changed at any time.
The job profile of a LIC Assistant is listed below. The job profile includes an employee’s day-to-day roles and responsibilities. All the selected candidates need to perform these duties daily along with other tasks as and when required.
- Perform Cashier, Single Window Operator, Customer Service Executive, and other clerical services.
- Manage cash counters at LIC offices.
- Perform back-office work, account-related work, and recovery according to the work assigned to them by the manager.
- Sanction and disburse files assigned to them.
- Look into customer grievances.
The detailed salary structure of LIC Assistants consists of basic pay plus different allowances. The basic pay is given as Rs. 14435 as per the 7th pay Commission. The gross annual package will be around INR 3 to 3.4 Lakhs per annum.
|Original basic pay
|Final gross basic pay of LIC Assistant without promotion
LIC Assistant In-hand Salary
The in-hand salary or take-home salary is the final amount that an employee gets after all the deductions and taxes. The in-hand salary of LIC Asst is INR 28,000 and 32,000 per month. The difference between gross and net salaries is that after deductions from the gross salary, such as payroll tax, occupational tax, and other company policy deductions, we get the net salary.
LIC Assistant Perks and Additional Benefits
Along with the LIC Assistant salary 2022, candidates will be eligible for a slew of other perks, as outlined in the LIC rules and regulations. The compensation and other benefits may vary depending on the location. The following are some of the benefits granted to LIC Assistants:
- House Rent Allowances (HRA): The HRA is dependent on the employee’s work location. If LIC Assistants are assigned to metropolitan cities, big cities, or other locations, the HRA can be as high as 9%, 8%, or 7% of the LIC Assistant’s basic pay.
- City Compensatory Allowance (CCA): This can range from 4% to 3% to 0% of the LIC Assistant’s basic wage, according to the job location.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): It gets revised every three months based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). DA accounts for 40% of the base salary. Because the CPI is based on the rate of inflation, it fluctuates a lot. As a result, DA fluctuates a lot.
- Lunch Allowance
- Insurance Allowance: Group Personal Accident Insurance, Vehicle Loan (2-wheeler), etc. as per LIC rules.
- Defined Contributory Pension, Gratuity, etc.
LIC Assistant Prelims Eligibility Criteria 2022
The Life Insurance Corporation of India prescribes the detailed eligibility criteria for the LIC Assistant Recruitment 2022 in the official notification. It is essential for candidates to meet the eligibility criteria set by the commission. If the commission finds any discrepancies, candidates will not be permitted to take the Examination.
To apply for the post of LIC Assistant 2022, the minimum age for candidates is 18. Moreover, they should not exceed 30 years as on September 1, 2022. There is a provision for age relaxation as per the standard norms of Govt. of India. Check the age relaxation for different categories of candidates from the table below:
||10 Years for Gen, 13 years for OBC & 15 years for SC/ST
||The actual period of service in defence services plus 3 years subject to the maximum age limit of 45 years.
(In the case of disabled ex-servicemen belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories, the maximum age limit of 50 years for SC/ST and 48 years for OBC is permissible.)
|Confirmed LIC Employees
Note: Confirmed LIC employees will get an additional 5 years to benefit from upper age relaxation.
While applying for the LIC Assistant exam, candidates must first see if they are eligible based on the educational qualifications required. Below we have provided detailed eligible criteria:
||Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized institution or university in India
||HSC (10+2+3): Those who have served at least for 10 years
Matric: Those who have served at least for 15 years
Non-matric: 15 years of service + Indian army special certificate exam or corresponding exam in the navy or airforce.
Number of Attempts
There is no fixed number of attempts. Candidates can appear for the exam as long as they do not cross the maximum age limit for their category.
The exam will be conducted in English/Hindi language.
LIC Assistant Prelims Application Form 2022
The link to apply will only be available for a limited time. Moreover, the corporation releases the LIC Assistant Prelims application form in online mode only. Indian candidates who are interested in the post can apply online from the official website. Furthermore, the candidates must check the eligibility criteria before proceeding with the LIC Assistant Prelims registration.
How to Apply Online for LIC Assistant Prelims 2022?
Candidates must have a valid email ID and mobile number to apply for LIC Assistant. The corporation will make all future communications through email or SMS. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to fill out the online application for LIC Assistant 2022:
Step 1: Go to the official website at licindia.in.
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the “Careers” tab present at the bottom.
Step 3: Click on the “Recruitment of Assistants -2022” link.
Step 4: Read the instructions and then click on the “Next Page” button.
Step 5: On the next page, click on the “Click here to Apply Online” link.
Step 6: Next, click on the “Click here for New Registration” button.
Step 7: Enter your name, parents name, email id, contact details, etc. Then, submit the details.
Step 8: The system will generate the provisional registration number and password. Note down the same for future reference.
Step 9: Next, provide your personal details, academic details, and other details in the application form.
Step 10: Then, upload scanned images of the photograph, signature, left thumb impression, and hand-written declaration as per the instruction.
Step 11: After uploading, click on the “preview” tab and verify all the details.
Step 12: After that, click on the “Final Submit” button.
Step 13: On clicking, you will be redirected to the payment page.
Step 14: Select the mode of payment, provide payment details, and pay the application fee.
Step 15: Finally, the system will generate an e-receipt of the payment.
Step 16: Now, download the e-receipt and the complete application form and keep them safe for further reference.
Candidates have to pay the application fee online after completing the registration. The candidates can use any online payment method to pay the requisite application fee. Moreover, they must note that there are no other means for payment except online mode. The following is the application fee to apply for LIC Assistant Prelims 2022:
|SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates
||Intimation Charges of INR 85/-
||Application Fee cum Intimation Charges of INR 510/-
Points to Remember:
- Candidates can make the payment online via debit cards, credit cards, internet banking, IMPS, cash cards/ mobile wallets.
- The application fee mentioned above excludes GST and other applicable charges.
- The application fee is non-refundable. Once paid, the candidates will not get any refund.
- After submitting the payment details, candidates must wait for the intimation from the server. Do not press the back or refresh button to avoid double payments.
- On successful completion of the transaction, the system will generate an e-receipt. If the system does not generate any e-receipt, it indicates payment failure.
- On payment failure, the candidates must log in again and repeat the application fee payment.
- Candidates must take a printout of the e-receipt.
LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Center 2022
The list of exam centers for the LIC Assistant Recruitment 2022 has not yet been released. Check out the LIC Assistant Prelims 2021 exam center from the table below:
|Andaman & Nicobar
||Jammu & Kashmir
LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
The LIC Assistant Prelims exam is the first round of the selection process where candidates are shortlisted for the main round. The marks obtained by candidates in the Prelims exam are not considered for the final selection list. Check out the LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern from the table below:
||Number of Questions
|English Language / Hindi Language
LIC Assistant Prelims Syllabus 2022
Student Talks: Toppers & Revivers
Candidates can check out the LIC Assistant syllabus for prelims form the table below:
||Approximation, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Number Series, Quadratic Equations, Quantity Based Questions, Simplification
||Series, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Inequality reasoning, Number Series, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism
||Error Detection, Fill in the Blanks, Para jumbles, Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Error Correction
LIC Assistant Prelims Preparation Tips 2022
It is said that practice makes you perfect. If you practice well for an exam, you are sure to ace that exam. The same goes for the LIC Assistant Prelims. Since there is a lot of competition expected in the LIC Assistant Prelims exam, it is crucial that you prepare well for it. Following are the some of the preparation tips that you can follow to ace the exam:
- Check Syllabus & Exam Pattern: To start preparation, you must check the exam pattern and syllabus of the LIC Assistant Prelims online test. Through the syllabus, you can know about topics for the exam. Furthermore, you can know about the weightage, marking scheme, types of questions, etc., through the exam pattern.
- Time Management: You should make a timetable for yourself and allot time slots for every topic present in the syllabus. Furthermore, you should allot more time to important and difficult topics to cover them effectively.
- Read Newspapers Daily: You must check newspapers and news regularly. It will help them gain knowledge of various current affairs related to the general, economic, and corporate sectors. In addition, you can even improve your English by reading newspapers.
- Understand Concepts: The Reasoning Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation sections contain numerical questions. Thus, you must understand the concept behind solving those numericals.
- Learn Shortcuts: Sections like Data Analysis & Interpretation and Reasoning Aptitude are very time-consuming. Therefore, you should learn various shortcuts to solve questions efficiently and in less time.
- Revise and Practice Regularly: You should revise the topics in which you lack expertise on a daily basis. Furthermore, you should practice various questions available on sample papers, previous year papers, question corporations, etc. Through regular revisions, as well as practice, you can improve the knowledge and areas in which you are lacking.
- Attempt Mock Tests: You must take mock tests as much as possible. The LIC Assistant Prelims mock test will help you measure your preparation. Furthermore, you can get familiar with the exam and know about the type of questions asked in the exam by taking mock tests. Also, you can even increase your problem-solving speed and build confidence.
LIC Assistant Prelims Admit Card 2022
The admit card release date for session 2022 of the LIC Assistant Prelims exam will be announced soon. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned step to download the LIC Assistant Admit Card 2022:
Step 1: Visit the official website of LIC.
Step 2: Click on the Jobs tab at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Click on “Assistants Recruitment -2022”
Step 4: Now click on “Next Tab” and then click on “Assistant 2022-Call letter for preliminary examination-Live Connect”
Step 5: Enter the login credentials
Step 6: Download and take a print out the admit card for further reference.
LIC Assistant Prelims Answer Key 2022
After conducting the exam, the LIC recruitment body releases the answer key for the questions asked in the exam. Candidates can check the answer key and compare it with their answers. This will give an idea of the marks they might score.
LIC Assistant Prelims Result 2022
LIC will declare the result for Prelims exam 2022 after the exam is conducted. The exam dates will be announced soon. Note that the result will be declared zone-wise and candidates can check the results for their zone by visiting the respective links. We will provide the zone-wise result once it is out.
How to Check LIC Assistant Prelims Result?
Follow the steps below to check the LIC Assistant result:
Step 1: Go to the official website of LIC:licindia.in
Step 2: Go to the bottom of the page and click on the link – ‘Careers’.
Step 3: Now click on the link ‘Recruitment of Assistant 2022’ and then on the button ‘Next Page’.
Step 4: Once the results are out, click on the LIC Assistant Result Download Link for your region.
Step 5: The list of qualified candidates will be displayed on the screen. Now, press “Ctrl+F” and enter your Name/ Roll No.
Step 6: If you have qualified, your Name and Roll No. will be highlighted. Save the PDF for future reference.
LIC Assistant Prelims Cut-Off 2022
Cut-off is the minimum marks that all aspirants must get in the Prelims exam to qualify for further stages of the examination i.e. main exam and medical test. There are many factors that decide the cut-off marks for any year. These factors are:
- Total number of students who appeared in the exam
- Difficulty level of the question paper
- Total number of vacancies
- Overall performance of candidates in the exam
LIC releases a zone-wise cut-off marks list for candidates which they can check here. Only those candidates who get equal to or more than the cut-off marks will have their names in the merit list.
For 2022, the notification will soon be released by LIC. After the exam is conducted, the cut-off will be released. For now, you can check the expected cut-off marks for all categories:
|General / UR
FAQs on LIC Assistant Prelims 2022
Q.1: What is the age limit for LIC Assistant recruitment 2022?
Ans: The minimum and maximum age limit for the LIC Asst exam is 18 years and 30 years respectively.
Q.2: What is the number of attempts available to candidates for LIC Asst. exam?
Ans: There is no fixed number of attempts. A candidate can appear for the exam as long as he/she does not cross the maximum age limit for their category.
Q.3: Is there a sectional cut-off in LIC Assistant preliminary examination?
Ans: Yes, there is. Candidates must score the sectional cut-off in each section to qualify for the next round.
Q.4: What is the selection procedure or stages of the LIC Assistant examination?
Ans: There are three stages (rounds) for the LIC Asst. examination. They are: (i) Prelims (ii) Mains (iii) Medical The marks obtained by candidates in the Preliminary round are not considered while making the final merit list.
Q.5: What is the application process for the LIC Assistant exam 2022?
Ans: Once the application window is open, interested candidates can visit the application page and apply for the LIC Asst posts online. The step-by-step process for application is described above.
Q.6: Is the LIC Assistant exam tough?
Ans: Lakhs of candidates apply for the LIC Asst exam. So it is a highly competitive exam. All the candidates are required to study hard and with a proper strategy to get success. The detailed study plan and preparation tips are provided above.
Q.7: How can I clear the LIC Assistant exam on the first attempt?
Ans: It is possible to crack the LIC Asst exam on your first attempt. Stick to the syllabus and make a routine to study daily. Follow the expert tips provided here and study accordingly for different sections. Soon, you will become a LIC Assistant.
Q.8: What is the application fee for the LIC Assistant exam 2022?
Ans: General (unreserved)/OBC candidates need to pay the LIC Assistant application fee of Rs. 510 whereas the application fee for SC/ST/Pwd category candidates is Rs. 50.