MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Manipal Academy of Higher Education will conducts MET (Manipal Entrance Test) from August 1 to 12, 2020. The slot booking for the test has started from July 21 and can be done till exam date. The result for MET Pharmacy 2020 will be released on August 14, 2020.
The university will offer admissions to the aspiring candidates into various pharmacy courses as offered by the university on the basis of MET pharmacy 2020. Recently, Manipal University has been renamed as the Manipal Academy of Higher Education, and thus MU OET has been renamed as MAHE OET. The registrations for MET pharmacy 2020 were started on October 5, 2019. Due to the spread of the coronavirus epidemic, the authority has extended the last date to apply to June 30.
Aspirants willing to apply and get admissions into various pharmacy courses as offered by the university must make sure they fall under the eligibility parameters. Read the complete article to know all details regarding the MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Overview
|Name of the exam||Manipal Academy of Higher Education Online Entrance Test|
|Also known as||MAHE Entrance Test or MAHE OET|
|Conducting authority||Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
|Category of the exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of examination||University Level|
|Mode of application||Online mode|
|Mode of exam||Online mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of attempts||Two|
|Number of exam centres||70 exam centres in India and 1 abroad|
|Purpose of conducting the exam||It acts as the qualifying examination for admission into various pharmacy courses as offered by the university into Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim and Manipal University Jaipur.|
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Important Dates
Below we have given the tentative dates for MET pharmacy 2020 for the reference of the aspirants. It must be noted that the Manipal Academy of Higher Education has extended all the dates for the year 2020 due to the spread of COVID-19 pandemic across the nation. As soon as the official dates are notified, we will update this page.
MET Pharmacy Important Dates 2020:
|1||Application process begins||October 5, 2019|
|2||Last date to apply||June 30, 2020|
|3||Commencement of online slot booking for 1st and 2nd attempt||July 21, 2020|
|4||Release of admit card for 1st and 2nd attempt||July 21, 2020|
|5||MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 exam date for 1st and 2nd attempt||August 1 – 12, 2020|
|6||Release of score card||August 14, 2020|
|7||Declaration of result||August 14, 2020|
|8||Release of merit list||To be notified|
|9||MET Pharmacy 2020 Counselling Round 1||To be notified|
|10||MET Pharmacy 2020 Counselling Round 2||To be notified|
|11||MET Pharmacy 2020 Counselling Round 3||To be notified|
|12||MET Pharmacy 2020 Counselling Round 4||To be notified|
|13||MET Pharmacy 2020 Counselling Round 5||To be notified|
|14||Commencement of classes||To be notified|
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Before registering them for the exam, candidates must make sure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria defined by the conducting body. Below we have given the detailed eligibility criteria for the reference of the aspiring candidates. As per the MET pharmacy 2020 eligibility criteria:
- As per the Manipal Academy of Higher Education, there is no minimum age limit to apply for the exam.
- Candidates must have qualified their 10+2, or equivalent examination, or A level, or IB, or American 12th grade with Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects along with other optional subjects.
- Aspirants must have scored minimum 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics and in any of the optional subjects (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or any technical vocational subject).
- To qualify MET pharmacy 2020, and to be eligible for admissions, the candidates must secure minimum 50% marks.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Application Process
After going thoroughly through the eligibility criteria, the candidates must proceed with the application process. The application process was started on October 5, 2019 and has been extended till June 30, 2020. The Manipal Academy of Higher Education holds all the rights to cancel the candidature of the candidates at any given point of time if they are found ineligible. Application forms for MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 will be made available in online mode on the official website of the conducting authority. In order to fill in the application forms, the candidates will be required to follow the following steps-
- To proceed with filling in the application form, firstly the candidates will be required to register them in the official website.
- After registering, the candidates will be now able to fill in their application forms and will be required to provide all the required personal and academic details while filling the form.
- Also, the candidates will be able to choose course and exam centre as per their preference and convenience.
- The last step will be payment of the application fee via online mode of payment, i.e. using credit card, debit card, wallets, or net banking. The fee can also be deposited in the bank as per the following details: Name of Bank – Standard Chartered Bank, Beneficiary Account Number (INR account) – 45505010551, IFSC Code – SCBL0036073.
- After payment of the application fee, the candidates will see a confirmation page on their window. It is advisable to the candidates to download and keep the confirmation page safe with them until the end of the admission process.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Application Fee
|Application Fee||INR 600 (for all courses)|
|Examination Fee||INR 1400 (for selected courses)|
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Exam Centres
While filling in the application forms, the candidates will be able to choose and fill in their exam centres choices as per their preferences and convenience. The exam centres will be allotted as per the availability of seats. Below we have given the detailed list of exam centres for MET pharmacy 2020 for the reference of the candidates.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 Exam Centres:
|State||MET Exam Centres|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat|
|Haryana||Gorakhpur, Gurugram, Faridabad|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru, Shivamogga|
|Kerala||Ernakulam, Kannur, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Thane|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Trichy|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Khammam, Warangal|
|Union Territory||Chandigarh, Delhi, Jammu|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Noida, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Kolkata, Siliguri|
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Exam Pattern
Before beginning with the preparations, the candidates must get familiar with the exam pattern for the exam. Below we have given the detailed exam pattern for the reference of the aspiring candidates.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of examination||Online mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration of the exam||150 minutes, (2 Hours 30 Minutes)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (Objective type questions)|
|Sections||Chemistry – 50 QuestionsEnglish and General Aptitude – 30 QuestionsMathematics – 70 QuestionsPhysics – 50 Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark each will be deducted for every wrong answer|
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Syllabus
Along with the exam pattern for the exam, the candidates must also get acquainted with the syllabus for MET pharmacy 2020 exam. Below we have given the detailed subject wise syllabus for the reference of the aspiring candidates.
- Atoms and Nuclei,
- Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases,
- Communication Systems,
- Current Electricity,
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter,
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents,
- Electromagnetic Waves,
- Electronic Devices,
- Experimental Skills,
- Laws of Motion,
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism,
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body,
- Oscillations and Waves,
- Properties of Bulk Matter,
- Units and Measurement,
- Work and Energy,
Chemistry: Physical Chemistry
- Atomic structure,
- Basic concepts in Chemistry,
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure,
- Chemical Kinetics,
- Chemical thermodynamics,
- Covalent bonding,
- Gaseous state,
- Hydrogen bonding,
- Ionic bonding,
- Liquid state,
- Metallic bonding,
- Redox reactions and Electrochemistry,
- Solid state,
- States of matter,
- Surface chemistry
Chemistry: Inorganic Chemistry
- Co-ordination compounds,
- Environmental chemistry,
- Group 13-18, d and f block elements,
- P-block elements,
- Periodic properties,
- Principles and processes of metal extractions,
- S-block elements
Chemistry: Organic Chemistry
- Aldehyde and Ketones,
- Aromatic hydrocarbons,
- Basic principles of organic chemistry,
- Carboxylic acids,
- Chemistry in everyday life (Chemicals in medicine, Chemicals in food, cleansing agents),
- Diazonium salts,
- Electronic displacement in a covalent bond,
- Nucleic acids,
- Organic compounds containing halogens,
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen,
- Organic compounds containing oxygen,
- Phenols and Ethers,
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds,
- Types of organic reactions,
- Acid – Base titrations,
- Detection of extra elements (N, S, halogens) in organic compounds,
- Detection of the functional groups – hydroxyl (alcoholic and phenolic), carbonyl (aldehyde and ketone), carboxyl and amino groups in organic compounds,
- Use of indicators, Redox titrations and their indicators, Cations and anions
- Applications of derivatives,
- Applications of the integrals,
- Binomial theorem,
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations,
- Conic sections,
- Continuity and differentiability,
- Coordinate Geometry,
- Differential equations,
- Inverse trigonometric functions,
- Limits and derivatives,
- Linear inequalities,
- Linear Programming,
- Mathematical Reasoning,
- Permutations and combinations,
- Principle of mathematical induction,
- Sequence and series,
- Sets, Relations and functions,
- Statistics and Probability,
- Straight lines,
- Three-dimensional geometry,
- Trigonometric functions,
- Vectors and Three-dimensional Geometry,
- Clauses (Noun clauses, Adverb clauses of condition and time, Relative clauses),
- Sentence structure,
- Subject-verb concord,
- Usages in English (Commands and requests, Statements, Questions),
- Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonyms, Spellings, One-word substitutions)
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Books to refer
Below we have given names of the books; the aspirants can refer while preparing for the exam.
MET Pharmacy 2020 Books:
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry||Morrison Boyd & Bhattacharjee|
|Chemistry||A New Pattern Text Book of Inorganic Chemistry for Competitions||OP Tondon|
|English and General Aptitude||Objective General English||S.P.Bakshi|
|English and General Aptitude||Wren and Martin||Dr. N.D.V.Prasada Rao|
|English and General Aptitude||General Aptitude||R.S.Agarwal|
|Mathematics||Higher Algebra||Hall and Knight|
|Mathematics||Arihant Mathematics (set of 5)||Amt M. Agarwal|
|Physics||Concept of Physics (Vol1 & Vol2)||HC Verma|
|Physics||Science For Everyone: Aptitude Test Problem in Physics||SS Krotov|
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Slot Booking
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education conducts MAHE OET slot booking in online mode.
- Registered candidates will be able to book the slots as per their convenience and preference.
- As per the exam dates for the preferred courses, the candidates will be required to book their slots.
- It must be noted that the slot booking will be on first come first serve basis, thus candidates are advised to book their slots as soon as possible.
- In case any candidate fails to book their preferred slots, the conducting body will allot the slots, and then further request for change in the slots will not be allotted.
- After the completion of the slot booking process, the candidates will be able to download their admit card for MET pharmacy 2020.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Exam Centres
The exam conducting body will conduct the MET Pharmacy 2020 (MAHE Entrance Test) in the following exam centres-
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 Exam Centres:
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Admit Card
- The admit card for MET pharmacy 2020 will be made available on the official website in online mode.
- Aspirants will be able to download their admit card by logging in the online admit card portal on the official website of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education using their login credentials.
- Candidates are advised to go through the information given on the admit card thoroughly, and in case of any discrepancy must contact the concerned authority immediately.
- It must be noted that no candidate will be allowed to take the exam without their hall tickets. Thus, it is mandatory to carry the admit card along with a valid ID proof on the day of exam to the allotted exam centre.
All the information regarding candidate, subject, course, venue, date and time, and exam day guidelines will be mentioned on the admit card. The following details will be given on the admit card-
- Application number
- Category of the candidate
- Course selected for admission
- Date of exam
- Duration of exam
- Exam centre address
- MET admit card number
- Name of the candidate
- Reporting time
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Answer Key
No official answer key for MET pharmacy 2020 will be released by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education. Aspirants can access the answer keys from the renowned institutes that release the answer key soon after the conduct of the exam. By comparing their answers with the answers given in the unofficial answer key, the candidates will be able to calculate their probable scores by following the marking scheme. In case the official answer keys are released, we will update this article.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Result
- The Manipal Academy of Higher Education will declare the MET Pharmacy 2020 result in online mode on the official website of the conducting body.
- Aspirants will need to login in the online result portal sing their admit card number and date of birth to access their results.
- In case of any discrepancy in the details enlisted on the score card, the candidates must immediately contact the concerned authorities.
- On the basis of the ranks secured by the candidates, the conducting body will offer them admissions into the desired courses.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Cut off
The minimum marks required by the candidates to secure in the entrance exam to be eligible for admissions into various pharmacy courses as offered by the university are the MET cutoff marks. It must be noted that the cut off for MET pharmacy 2020 will vary from college to college, course to course, and category to category. While determining the cut off, the admission body will consider the following factors –
- Total number of candidates applying
- Total number of candidates qualifying the exam
- Previous year’s cut off trends
- Difficulty level of the exam
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Counselling and Seat Allotment process
- The first round of counselling and seat allotment process will be conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education for MET pharmacy 2020 in offline mode.
- The rest of the counselling and seat allotment rounds will be conducted in online mode.
- Official dates for the conduct of counselling and seat allotment process are yet to be announced by the conducting body.
- It must be noted that only those candidates will be called for MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 counselling and seat allotment process who will qualify the entrance exam.
- The conducting body will notify the selected candidates regarding the venue of the counselling and seat allotment process where the candidates will be required to register them for the process and make the payment of the counselling and seat allotment fee.
- Candidates will be required to be making the payment using demand draft to be drawn in the favour of “Manipal Academy of Higher Education” payable at Manipal or Udupi.
- It must be noted that no other mode of payment will be accepted by the conducting body.
- As per the course preferences and the availability of seats, the conducting body will offer seats to the short listed candidates.
- After paying the balance fees, the seat allotted will be considered freeze, or else the admission will be cancelled.
- During the online counselling and seat allotment rounds, the candidates will be required to log in the online portal using their registered credentials and modify or shuffle their choices as per preferences.
- The authority will announce the results of seats allotted in online mode only, and after that the candidates will be required to confirm their admission.
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – Counselling and Seat Allotment Fee
|Counselling Registration Fee||INR 10,000|
|Course Fee||INR 2,95,000|
MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 – FAQs
Q1. Who is the conducting body of MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test)?
A1. Manipal Academy of Higher Education conducts MAHE OET (Online Entrance Test) to offer admissions to the aspiring candidates into various pharmacy courses as offered the university.
Q2. Are MAHE OET and MU OET same?
A2. Yes, they are same. Recently, Manipal University has been renamed as the Manipal Academy of Higher Education, and thus MU OET has been renamed as MAHE OET.
Q3. When is the last date to apply for MET pharmacy 2020?
A3. The registrations for MET pharmacy 2020 were started in October 5, 2019. Due to spread of the corona virus epidemic, the authority has extended the last date to apply till June 30, 2020.
Q4. When is the entrance exam scheduled to be conducted?
A4. The MET pharmacy 2020 exam will be conducted from August 1 to 12, 2020
Q5. Who all will be eligible to participate in counselling and seat allotment process?
A5. Only those candidates will be called for MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 2020 counselling and seat allotment process who will qualify the entrance exam.
We hope that this information on MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest updates on MET Pharmacy (MAHE Entrance Test) 202045 Views