NEET PG Exam Pattern 2021: National Board of Examination (NBE) organizes National Eligibility Cum Entrance Examination every year to screen candidates into Post-Graduation medical colleges in India. NEET-PG exam for 2021 facilitate admission for medical students into Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (DM) courses. Successful candidates who registered themselves can check the detail exam pattern from this article to get a clear idea on the main exam.
The question paper for NEET PG exam will be available in the English. According to the exam pattern of NEET PG 2021, examination is conducted in a computer based mode. .Check NEET PG Admit Card Details Here
This article will provide you with all details regarding NEET PG exam pattern 2021 as well as NEET-PG eligibility criteria. So, read on to find more.
NEET PG Exam Pattern 2021: Overview
NEET PG 2021 exam Pattern is determined by NBE that is conducting the body of examination. NEET PG is a single session entrance exam that is organized for admission into MD/MS and other postgraduate diploma programmes at medical colleges. Before getting ourselves ahead on NEET-PG exam pattern 2021, let us have a look at the overview of the exam from the table below.
|Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Exam for Post Graduate (NEET-PG)|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
NEET-PG Exam Pattern 2021: Subject- Wise Question Distribution
According to NEET-PG exam pattern for 2021, the question paper is divided into three parts namely Part A, Part B and Part C. Distribution of questions along with marks in detail is tabulated below. Take a look.
|Topics||Question Distribution||Maximum Marks|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25||100|
|General Medicine and Including Dermatology & Venereology and Psychiatry||45||180|
|General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anesthesia, and Radiodiagnosis||45||180|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||30||120|
NEET-PG Exam Pattern 2021: Detailed Marking Scheme
Examination mode: The exam is conducted in Online mode(Computer Based mode).
Periodicity: NEET-PG is conducted only once in a year by NBE.
Type of questions: NEET-PG 2021 question paper will have objective type of questions, also known as MCQ’s. Each question will be given a choice of answers with one right answer among them.
Total number of questions: The question paper will contain 200 questions from all three parts.
Question paper division: There are three parts in the question paper from 15 subjects and concepts from MBBS.
Marking scheme: Each question carries 4 marks when answered correctly into the total.
Negative Marking: NEET-PG 2021 exam will have a negative marking of 25%. That means for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total. Candidates must remember that unattempted questions will not have any negative marking. So, in case of uncertainty, we suggest you to leave the questions unanswered, instead of guessing and answering them incorrectly.
|Parts||Maximum Marks||Marking Scheme|
|Part A||200||4 Positive Marks for each right answer 1 Negative mark for each wrong answer|
What you should know about NEET PG Exam Pattern?
NEET PG is conducted online through CBT mode. The exam will be held on single day in a single session with 300 objective type questions based on 15 different topics. The total duration of exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes. The medium of language is English and the paper is divided into three parts with 50, 100 and 150 MCQs respectively. The total number of questions has been reduced to 200 from 300.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021: Education
Medical students aspiring to acquire admissions in best Indian colleges for courses like MD/ MS will have to attempt NEET PG exam and it is mandatory for those candidates to meet the eligibility criteria to give this exam.
Let us look at the educational criteria needed to take NEET-PG 2021 exam from below:
- Candidates must possess MBBS or Provisional MBBS degree Certificate recognized under Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Or the candidate must have a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS approved by Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Even students who completed or yet to finish their internship on or before March 31st, 2021 are also eligible.
NEET PG Eligibility criteria 2021: All India 50% Quota Seats
- Under All India 50% Quota Seats, candidates with MBBS or equivalent from Jammu and Kashmir, are not eligible unless they were shortlisted by Government of India.
- It is mandatory for those candidates, to submit a duly signed affidavit mentioning their allotment by the Indian government.
NEET PG Eligibility criteria 2021: Indian Medical Graduates from foreign
- Any Indian or Non- Resident Indians who pursued their Medical course outside India will have to qualify the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test).
- Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) is being conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- It is mandatory for the students who passed their graduation from foreign to bring their FMGE Pass Certificate on the day of the test.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021: Foreign Nationals
- Foreign Nationales can attempt the test even without the temporary registration with MCI (Medical Council of India).
- The Medical Council of India can grant the temporary registration to the candidates till the duration of their Postgraduate course.
NEET PG Eligibility criteria 2021: Important points
- Any candidate who doesn’t meet eligibility criteria, will not be allowed to attend the NEET exam or counselling.
- Any request regarding finishing the internship of one year after March 31, 2021, will be rejected. Students who do not meet eligibility criteria set by IMC will also be rejected.
- Appearing for NEET PG 2021 Exam doesn’t confirm any kind of admission into medical colleges or institutes.
- Registration with MCI/ State Medical Council is mandatory for foreign nationals and the required documents should be fulfilled by the candidates before the examination date.
- Any transfers by students who are already pursuing PG are not entertained by few institutes, so check twice before applying.
- Multiple forms from a single candidate are not accepted.
Now that you have all the information on NEET-PG exam pattern and eligibility criteria, you can start preparing for the exam in the same order. Take plenty of mock tests before the main exam, this will improve your time management skills and accuracy. NEET-PG exam is one of the toughest exams in India, so we suggest you organize a proper schedule to practice as well as to revise before the final exam. Most importantly, stay focused the whole time.Click to get Detailed NEET PG Result Information
Frequently asked questions
Q: How many questions will be
asked in NEET PG 2021?|
Ans: According to exam pattern, question paper will have 200 MCQ Based questions.
| Q:What Is NEET PG MCQ based?|
Ans: Yes, all questions in NEET PG 2021 will be multiple choice type. NEET PG 2021 mainly consists of MCQs questions.
Q: Can NEET PG 2021 be
conducted in Hindi?|
Ans: NEET PG pattern 2021, the examination will be conducted in English language.
Q: Do questions repeat in NEET
Ans: There are chances that questions from previous years that may be asked in current year. All aspirants must refer to the question papers of previous years for NEET PG 2021 preparation.
Q: Will there be a negative
marking in NEET PG 2021 Exam?|
Ans: yes, there will be a negative marking. Each incorrect response, one mark will be deducted.
We hope that we have provided you with all the required information on NEET-PG Exam pattern 2021. If you have any query regarding the same, feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you in a very short time.
We wish you all the best for your exam.1201 Views