NEET PG 2020: National Board of Examination (NBE) had released the NEET PG 2020 exam date through an official notice. The NEET PG exam is conducted once a year for the PG admissions to Doctor of Medicine (MD), Masters of Surgery (MS) and Postgraduate Diploma (PG Diploma) courses. The NEET PG exam was conducted on January 05, 2020 and result has been announced on January 30, 2020. Candidates whose name appeared on the NEET PG 2020 Merit list are eligible to take part in the NEET PG 2020 counselling. The 1st Round of NEET PG counselling was scheduled on 12th March to 23rd March, 2020.
Latest Update: Due to COVID-19 Outbreak, list of Seat Allotment for the 1st Round of NEET PG 2020 counselling has been postponed.
NEET PG 2020|Overview
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate (NEET-PG)|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Courses||MD/ MS/ PG Diploma|
|Category of the examination||Post Graduate Entrance Exams|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Helpline|| Contact No.- 1800-266-7075 (toll free) |
Official website- nbe.edu.in
NEET PG 2020 | Important Dates
Have an overview of NEET PG Important Dates:
|Online Submission of the Registration forms||1st Nov, 2019|
|Release of NEET PG Admit Card||31st Dec, 2019|
|NEET PG 2020 Examination||05th Jan, 2020|
|NEET PG Result Release||30th Jan, 2020|
|Online registration for 1st round of counselling||12th Mar-23rd Mar, 2020|
|Seat allotment list for 1st round||Postponed|
Scope of NEET 2020
NEET 2020 will be conducted in a single slot for admissions in MD/ MS/ Diploma Courses. The NEET PG 2020 includes the following:
- All India 50% quota seats (all states except Jammu & Kashmir)
- State Quota Seats (Including Jammu and Kashmir)
- All Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions
- DNB Broad Speciality Courses
Besides, the following institutions do not come under NEET 2020 for admissions in MD and MS courses.
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
A- General Eligibility Criteria for NEET PG 2019 Exam
- Candidates who have an MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Certificate approved by the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 are eligible for NEET PG 2019 Examination.
- Or, candidates who got a provisional registration certificate of MBBS Qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Candidates must have completed One year of the Internship or about to Complete One-year internship by or before March 31st, 2019.
- There is no upper or lower limit for the age decided.
B- Eligibility Criteria for seats under ALL India 50% Quota
- Candidates who pursued the qualified course MBBS for NEET PG 2019 Examination from Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible for the NEET PG application.
- But, students who were selected by the Indian Government to pursue their MBBS from Jammu and Kashmir through Central pool seats will be allowed to apply for NEET PG 2019 Examination.
- Students will have to send a duly attested affidavit on the address given below by Nov 30th, 2018.
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi- 110029
Note- MBBS qualified students from Jammu and Kashmir will not be allowed to participate in All India 50% Quota counselling if they do not send the signed affidavit as per the instructions shared above.
C- Eligibility for Medical Graduates from foreign countries
- Indians or Overseas citizens of India who pursued their medical graduation from Non- Indian Medical Colleges, they will have to qualify Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) by NBE.
- Further, they should have to be registered and MCI or SMC.
- It is mandatory for them to finish their internship of one year by or before March 31, 2019.
- Medical Graduates of Non- Indian Colleges are required to bring their FMEG Pass Certificate issued by NBE on the day of their testing.
D- Foreign Nationals eligibility criteria for NEET PG Examination
- It is not mandatory for students to be registered by the Medical Council of India to attempt the NEET PG Examination.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to be duly registered with the authorities responsible for the registering process in their respective countries.
- Candidates must have finished their internship of one year by or before March 31, 2019.
NEET PG Reservation
NEET PG Reservation criterion is based on various aspects. DGHS is responsible for framing reservation criteria of NEET PG Counselling. On the other hand, Army Medical Institutions will have their own reservation clauses. States will be responsible for releasing their own reservation details for the medical institutions.
A- Counselling by DGHS reservation criteria
|Schedule Cast (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy layer OBC Candidates||27%|
|Physical Handicapped Candidates||05%|
Physically Handicapped Candidates applying for NEET PG exam will have to get the Certificate of Disability from the following institutions.
- VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai (AIIPMR, Mumbai)
- IPGMER, Kolkata
- MMC, Chennai
B- 50% State Quota Seas for State Or Union Territories
- Each State or Union territory will frame its reservation criteria for NEET PG 2019 Exam itself.
- NBE will only be responsible for releasing the scores and ranks of the candidates.
- There will be no application of reservation categories by NBE while sharing the marks scored and rank achieved by the candidates to State authorities.
C- Reservation regulations for Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions
- There is no reservation clause for any category candidate (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH) in the Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- To be eligible for AFMS Counselling processes, students will have to register themselves on the MCC website (mcc.nic.in).
NEET PG Exam Pattern
NEET PG exam pattern will have 300 questions. Candidates will secure 4 marks for each right answer and lose 1 mark for each wrong one. There will be no deduction or reward for unattempted questions. The format of the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
Syllabus For NEET PG
The NEET PG exam syllabus is divided into 3 parts and each part will have multiple-choice questions. As per the official details released by NBE, we’re providing the detailed syllabus information here.
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|General Medicine Including Dermatology and Venereology and Psychiatry||45|
|General Surgery Including orthopaedics, Anesthesia, and Radiodiagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||30|
Tie Breaker Criteria for NEET PG Merit List
Tie Break Criteria for shortlisting NEET PG 2020 Merit list is regulated to solve the problem of similar ranks. Candidates will be shortlisted for their respective rank in the merit list by considering following clauses.
- Aspirants with less negative responses in the whole paper (Part A+ Part B+ Part c) will secure a better position in the merit list.
- Candidates with better marks in Part C will secure a better Merit List position.
- Students with less negative responses in Part C will secure a better position.
- Applicants with better marks in Part B will secure a better position in the merit list.
- Aspirants with less negative responses in Part B will get a better position in the merit list.
- Students with higher marks in part A will have a better position in the merit list.
- Candidates with less negative responses in Part A will have a better position in the merit list. Students with more age will get a higher position in the merit list.
NEET PG Cut-Off
NEET PG 2020 Cut-Off percentile will be calculated as per the regulations by State government. Only rank and score information will be released by the NBE board.
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40|
|PH (SC/ ST/ OBC)||40|
NEET 2020 PG Counselling
Candidates, who qualified in written NEET PG Exam, are eligible for the NEET PG Counselling process. Counselling process will be conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Students will have to register themselves for the Counselling process on the official website of MCC- mcc.nic.in.
Seat Allotment for the students will be done by the same. From this year, MCC has made a new resolution, as per which, students will have to register for Round 1 and Round 2 separately.
NEET 2019 PG FAQs
Q1- What is NEET 2019 PG?
Ans- NEET PG also known as National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination for Post Graduate is an entrance exam for students looking for the admissions into MD/ MS/ PG Diploma courses etc. Students will secure seats into top Indian medical Colleges through the same.
Q2- Does NEET PG has negative marking criteria?
Ans- Yes, NEET PG deducts 1 mark for each wrong answer. Moreover, It offers or deducts no marks for unattempted questions.
Q3- What’s NEET Exam?
Ans- NEET Exam is being conducted in India for providing admissions to the students into medical courses. Further, The exam is being conducted on the two levels NEET UG and NEET PG.
Q4- What is the frequency of the NEET Exam?
Ans- NEET is being conducted once in a year for UG and PG Courses.
Q5- How many marks are the NEET Exam?
Ans- NEET PG Exam rewards with 4 marks for each right answer. Students who attempt wrong answers, lose 1 mark for each attempt. There are no rewards or deduction for any unattempted question.
Q6- How many marks are needed to qualify NEET?
Ans- It is mandatory for the General Category students to score at least 50th percentile to qualify the exam successfully. For SC/ ST/ OBC, it is mandatory to secure at least 40th percentile.
Q7- Is NEET required for BHMS?
Ans- Yes, NEET has been turned into a mandatory exam for all medical courses in India. NEET is divided into two parts as per the level of the admission, NEET UG and NEET PG.
Q8- How many questions are there in NEET PG Exam?
Ans- NEET PG exam will have 300 questions for which the total marks will be 1200. For each right answer, 4 marks will be rewarded and for each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. No negative or positive marking will be done for any unattempted question.
Q9- How many subjects are there in NEET?
Ans- NEET syllabus of 2019 will have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as major subjects of the exam pattern. Biology portion will consist of Botany and Zoology based questions.
Q10- Is NEET compulsory for BDS?
Ans- Yes, NEET Exam is compulsory for securing admissions into BDS courses from top Indian Medical Colleges.
Q11- How many attempts NEET Exam allow?
Ans- For General and OBC category, there will be 9 attempts allowed and for reserved category, 14 attempts will be allowed.
Hopefully, we have provided you with all of the required information related to NEET PG 2019 Exam. If you have any query or feedback to share, please feel free to be in touch through comments. We will revert back to you in a very short time. Embibe wishes you all the very best for your future challenges.869 Views