NEET PG Exam 2019: National Board of Examination (NBE) has released the NEET PG 2020 exam date through an official notice. The NEET PG exam will we be conducted on January 05, 2020. However, the NEET PG online registration dates are yet to be announced. The NEET PG exam is conducted once a year for the PG admissions to Doctor of Medicine (MD), Masters of Surgery (MS) and Postgraduate Diploma (PG Diploma) courses. The exam will be conducted for the admission in 50% All India Quota Seats, 50% State Quota seats and 100% seats of deemed and central universities, AFMC and ESIC colleges.
The NEET PG application form is expected to release by 1st week of November. Candidates interested in taking NEET PG 2020 will have to meet all the eligibility criteria and apply online as per schedule once released. NEET PG entrance exam will be conducted only in online mode in a single stretch for 3 hours and 30 minutes. The exam will consist of 300 multiple questions and the syllabus will be based on the subjects in 4 years of MBBS course. The exam will be conducted in various exam centres across the nation.
Besides that, on the conclusion of the NEET PG online application the NEET PG admit card will be released. The NEET PG admit card is expected to be released in December 2019 and the NEET PG Results can be expected by last week of January 2020.
The candidates qualifying the minimum qualifying marks in NEET PG will be eligible for the NEET PG Counselling. The counselling will be held by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) for All India Quota Seats, Central and Deemed universities. Whereas the counselling for state quota seats will be done by the respective state counselling authorities.
NEET PG 2019 | Overview
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate (NEET-PG)|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Courses||MD/ MS/ PG Diploma|
|Category of the examination||Post Graduate Entrance Exams|
|Registration Status||Opening In Novemeber|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Helpline||Contact No.- 1800-266-7075 (toll free)|
|Official website- nbe.edu.in|
NEET PG 2019 | Important Dates
NBE will release the NEET Examination registration window for Post-Graduation Courses tentatively in the 1st Week of November. The exam will be conducted on January 05, 2020
|Official NEET PG 2019 Notification Release||November 1st Week, 2019|
|Online Submission of the Registration forms||November 1st Week to 3rd Week, 2019|
|Release of NEET PG Admit Card||December 2019|
|NEET PG 2020 Examination||January 05, 2020|
|NEET PG Result Release||January last Week, 2020|
Scope of NEET 2020
NEET 2020 will be conducted in a single slot for admissions in MD/ MS/ Diploma Courses. The NEET PG 2020 includes the following:
- All India 50% quota seats (all states except Jammu & Kashmir)
- State Quota Seats (Including Jammu and Kashmir)
- All Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions
- DNB Broad Speciality Courses
Besides, the following institutions do not come under NEET 2020 for admissions in MD and MS courses.
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
NEET PG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A- General Eligibility Criteria for NEET PG 2019 Exam
- Candidates who have an MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Certificate approved by the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 are eligible for NEET PG 2019 Examination.
- Or, candidates who got a provisional registration certificate of MBBS Qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Candidates must have completed One year of the Internship or about to Complete One-year internship by or before March 31st, 2019.
- There is no upper or lower limit for the age decided.
B- Eligibility Criteria for seats under ALL India 50% Quota
- Candidates who pursued the qualified course MBBS for NEET PG 2019 Examination from Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible for the NEET PG application.
- But, students who were selected by the Indian Government to pursue their MBBS from Jammu and Kashmir through Central pool seats will be allowed to apply for NEET PG 2019 Examination.
- Students will have to send a duly attested affidavit on the address given below by Nov 30th, 2018.
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi- 110029
Note- MBBS qualified students from Jammu and Kashmir will not be allowed to participate in All India 50% Quota counselling if they do not send the signed affidavit as per the instructions shared above.
C- Eligibility for Medical Graduates from foreign countries
- Indians or Overseas citizens of India who pursued their medical graduation from Non- Indian Medical Colleges, they will have to qualify Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) by NBE.
- Further, they should have to be registered and MCI or SMC.
- It is mandatory for them to finish their internship of one year by or before March 31, 2019.
- Medical Graduates of Non- Indian Colleges are required to bring their FMEG Pass Certificate issued by NBE on the day of their testing.
D- Foreign Nationals eligibility criteria for NEET PG Examination
- It is not mandatory for students to be registered by the Medical Council of India to attempt the NEET PG Examination.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to be duly registered with the authorities responsible for the registering process in their respective countries.
- Candidates must have finished their internship of one year by or before March 31, 2019.
NEET PG Reservation
NEET PG Reservation criterion is based on various aspects. DGHS is responsible for framing reservation criteria of NEET PG Counselling. On the other hand, Army Medical Institutions will have their own reservation clauses. States will be responsible for releasing their own reservation details for the medical institutions.
A- Counselling by DGHS reservation criteria
|Schedule Cast (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy layer OBC Candidates||27%|
|Physical Handicapped Candidates||05%|
Physically Handicapped Candidates applying for NEET PG exam will have to get the Certificate of Disability from the following institutions.
- VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai (AIIPMR, Mumbai)
- IPGMER, Kolkata
- MMC, Chennai
B- 50% State Quota Seas for State Or Union Territories
- Each State or Union territory will frame its reservation criteria for NEET PG 2019 Exam itself.
- NBE will only be responsible for releasing the scores and ranks of the candidates.
- There will be no application of reservation categories by NBE while sharing the marks scored and rank achieved by the candidates to State authorities.
C- Reservation regulations for Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions
- There is no reservation clause for any category candidate (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH) in the Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- To be eligible for AFMS Counselling processes, students will have to register themselves on the MCC website (mcc.nic.in).
NEET PG Application Form- Details and Documents Required
NEET PG Examination is going to be conducted on Jan 05, 2020. The application process will commence in November. The mode of registering for the NEET PG Examination was online. The form for NEET PG Application form can fill online by using the following details.
- Name of the Candidate
- Date Of Birth
- Mobile Number
- E-mail ID
- Test City
- SMC or MCI Registration Details
- Scanned Passport Size Picture
- Scanned Signature Image
Size and Details of Photograph
Candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of their passport image and the signature to complete the NEET PG Application form process. The photo should not have any kind of reflection or shadow on the face of the candidate. Also, the candidate should avoid pictures with red eyes.
|Size of the Image||35×45 mm|
|Background of the Image||White|
How to Apply for NEET PG Exam
The steps to apply online for NEET PG 2020 is as follows:
Step 1– Go on the official website of National Board of Examination (NBE) – nbe.edu.in
Step 2 – Now click on the ‘New registration’ under the links section present on the right side of the page.
Step 3– Candidates will have to enter their basic details such as name, mobile number, email ID, etc., to generate the Username and Password. Candidates will also receive the same through SMS/ Email.
Step 4 – Candidates will have to Log In with the details (username and password) to access the NEET PG Application form.
Step 5 – Now, enter your personal details, educational details, registration details, etc.
Step 6 – Upload the recent passport-sized photo and signature (both less than 80kb in size and in JPG/JPEG format)
Step 7 – Choose the ‘Test City’ and recheck all the details entered.
Step 8 – Now move ahead with th NEET PG application fee payment. Enter the options such as NET Banking/ Credit/ Debit Card, etc. Enter all the details and complete the transaction.
Step 9 – A transaction ID will be generated and Payment receipt will be generated. Save it for future reference.
Step 10 – Download the filled NEET PG application form and print a copy of it.
Following are the portions which cannot be edited
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- E-mail Address
- Testing City
- Category of the candidate
NEET PG Application Fee
|SC/ ST/ PH Candidates||INR 2750/|
|General/ OBC Candidates||INR 3750/|
NEET PG Exam Pattern
NEET PG exam pattern will have 300 questions. Candidates will secure 4 marks for each right answer and lose 1 mark for each wrong one. There will be no deduction or reward for unattempted questions. The format of the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
NEET PG Syllabus
The NEET PG exam syllabus is divided into 3 parts and each part will have multiple-choice questions. As per the official details released by NBE, we’re providing the detailed syllabus information here.
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|General Medicine Including Dermatology and Venereology and Psychiatry||45|
|General Surgery Including orthopaedics, Anesthesia, and Radiodiagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||30|
NEET PG Admit Card
The NEET PG 2019 Exam will be conducted on January 06, 2019. It is mandatory for the students to carry their NEET PG Admit Card otherwise they will not be allowed to attempt the NEET Examination. The date of releasing NEET PG 2019 Admit Card has been decided for December 30th, 2018. Students can download their admit cards from the official website itself.
NEET PG Admit Card will have following details
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of the Parents of Guardians
- Registration or Application Number
- Candidate’s Roll Number
- Exam Centre Location and Address
- Schedule of commencement of Exam
- Slot Details
How to Download NEET 2019 Admit Card
NBE (National Board of Examination) will release the NEET PG 2019 Admit Card on the official website. Candidates will be able to download it from there by following the steps given below.
- Go on the official website nbe.edu.in
- On the page, there will be a tab NEET PG 2019
- Click on the tab to access a new page with all the required information related to NEET Exam.
- Here log in with your username id and password.
- Now, you will have to enter the captcha code as per the image.
- Candidates will now have the access of NEET PG 2019 Admit Card.
- Please download it for the later reference.
Note- It is mandatory for the candidates to paste their passport size picture on the admit card or it will not be considered as valid.
NEET PG 2019 Result
NEET PG Result will be declared by January 31st, 2019 by NBE. The declaration of the result will be done online itself by National Board of Examination (NBE). The date of the examination has been declared for January 06, 2019. Students are advised to keep checking this article for any recent updates regarding NEET PG 2019 exam.
In addition to the previous information, It is advised for the students to remember that the validity the NEET PG Result 2019 is only for one year. The result will be only accepted for MD/ MS and PG Diploma courses in session 2019. Candidates will not be allowed to carry forward the result for next year.
How to download NEET PG 2019 Result
- Go on the official website of NBE, nbe.edu.in.
- Click on NEET PG 2019 Tab.
- Click on the Result tab.
- Now log in with your username and password.
- Download the NEET PG Score for later references.
Tie Breaker Criteria for NEET PG Merit List
Tie Break Criteria for shortlisting NEET PG 2019 Merit list is regulated to solve the problem of similar ranks. Candidates will be shortlisted for their respective rank in the merit list by considering following clauses.
- Aspirants with less negative responses in the whole paper (Part A+ Part B+ Part c) will secure a better position in the merit list.
- Candidates with better marks in Part C will secure a better Merit List position.
- Students with less negative responses in Part C will secure a better position.
- Applicants with better marks in Part B will secure a better position in the merit list.
- Aspirants with less negative responses in Part B will get a better position in the merit list.
- Students with higher marks in part A will have a better position in the merit list.
- Candidates with less negative responses in Part A will have a better position in the merit list. Students with more age will get a higher position in the merit list.
NEET PG Cut-Off
NEET PG 2019 Cut-Off percentile will be calculated as per the regulations by State government. Only rank and score information will be released by the NBE board.
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40|
|PH (SC/ ST/ OBC)||40|
NEET 2019 PG Counselling
Candidates, who qualify there written NET PG 2019 Exam, will be eligible for the NEET PG Counselling process 2019. Counselling process will be conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Students will have to register themselves for the Counselling process on the official website of MCC itself, i.e. mcc.nic.in.
Seat Allotment for the students will be done by the same. From this year, MCC has made a new resolution, as per which, students will have to register for Round 1 and Round 2 separately.
NEET 2019 PG FAQs
Q1- What is NEET 2019 PG?
Ans- NEET PG also known as National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination for Post Graduate is an entrance exam for students looking for the admissions into MD/ MS/ PG Diploma courses etc. Students will secure seats into top Indian medical Colleges through the same.
Q2- Does NEET PG has negative marking criteria?
Ans- Yes, NEET PG deducts 1 mark for each wrong answer. Moreover, It offers or deducts no marks for unattempted questions.
Q3- What’s NEET Exam?
Ans- NEET Exam is being conducted in India for providing admissions to the students into medical courses. Further, The exam is being conducted on the two levels NEET UG and NEET PG.
Q4- What is the frequency of the NEET Exam?
Ans- NEET is being conducted once in a year for UG and PG Courses.
Q5- How many marks are the NEET Exam?
Ans- NEET PG Exam rewards with 4 marks for each right answer. Students who attempt wrong answers, lose 1 mark for each attempt. There are no rewards or deduction for any unattempted question.
Q6- How many marks are needed to qualify NEET?
Ans- It is mandatory for the General Category students to score at least 50th percentile to qualify the exam successfully. For SC/ ST/ OBC, it is mandatory to secure at least 40th percentile.
Q7- Is NEET required for BHMS?
Ans- Yes, NEET has been turned into a mandatory exam for all medical courses in India. NEET is divided into two parts as per the level of the admission, NEET UG and NEET PG.
Q8- How many questions are there in NEET PG Exam?
Ans- NEET PG exam will have 300 questions for which the total marks will be 1200. For each right answer, 4 marks will be rewarded and for each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. No negative or positive marking will be done for any unattempted question.
Q9- How many subjects are there in NEET?
Ans- NEET syllabus of 2019 will have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as major subjects of the exam pattern. Biology portion will consist of Botany and Zoology based questions.
Q10- Is NEET compulsory for BDS?
Ans- Yes, NEET Exam is compulsory for securing admissions into BDS courses from top Indian Medical Colleges.
Q11- How many attempts NEET Exam allow?
Ans- For General and OBC category, there will be 9 attempts allowed and for reserved category, 14 attempts will be allowed.
In addition to the information given above, it is advised for the students to start their revisions as NEET PG Exam is very near. Also, Embibe will keep providing all related and important updates for NEET PG 2019 Exam. Moreover, candidates should work hard for this exam as NEET PG is known as one of the most difficult entrance exams.
Hopefully, we have provided you with all of the required information related to NEET PG 2019 Exam. If you have any query or feedback to share, please feel free to be in touch through comments. We will revert back to you in a very short time. Embibe wishes you all the very best for your future challenges.295 Views