NPCIL Recruitment 2020: The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) has recently released the NPCIL Recruitment notification. The NPCIL is considered as the most prestigious organization to work for in India. Therefore, candidates must apply for the same and start their preparation in a serious manner. The NPCIL notification is released to fill a total of 102 vacancies. The NPCIL application for the posts of Scientific Assistant and Technician started on 15th January 2020. The last date to fill the NPCIL Registration form was 31st January 2020. As the registration is already over, it’s time to boost your preparation. NPCIL recruitment process varies depending upon the posts you are applying for.
Note: As NPCIL Exam has Mathematics and General Awareness sections, we will help you embark on your journey. You can take the above bank mock test for free to boost your NPCIL Preparation.
NPCIL Recruitment 2020
Before we get you the detailed information on NPCIL Recruitment, we bring you an overview of the NPCIL Exam
|Organization Name||Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)|
|Posts Offered||Scientific Assistant (Civil, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication/Electronics/Instrumentation, Electrical) |
Technician (Surveyor, Draftsman, Fitter/Turner/Machinist, Electrician/Wireman, Electronic Mechanic/Instrument Mechanic)
|Selection Process||Depends on the post applied for|
|Beginning of NPCIL Application||15th January 2020|
|Last date to apply for NPCIL||31st January 2020|
NPCIL Recruitment Vacancy Details
Check out the vacancy and pay scale of different posts:
|Name of the post||Payscale||Number of vacancy|
NPCIL Eligibility Criteria
It is a must for all the interested candidates to go through the NPCIL eligibility criteria properly. Check out the eligibility criteria for each post below:
Educational Qualification for Scientific Assistant/B
Candidates should have completed their XII Standard & Diploma in Engineering (3 years course). Or, they should have passed their X Standard with Diploma in Engineering (2 years course approved by AICTE).
- a) Diploma Engineering should be in Civil/Mechanical/Electronics & Communication/Electronics/Instrumentation/Electricals Discipline with 60% or above marks and English as one of the subject at SSC or HSC Level Examinations.
- b) Candidates who have pursued Diploma by means of Lateral entry to 2nd year Diploma after Xth (SSC) and ITI are NOT eligible.
Educational Qualification for Technician/B
Candidates should have minimum 60% marks in SSC or HSC with Science and Maths as their discipline along with the Trade certificate of 1 year duration in Surveyor/Draftsman/Fitter/Turner/Machinist/Electrician/ Wireman/Electronic Mechanic/ Instrument Mechanic
There is an age limit for each post beyond which no applicant will be allowed to apply for the post. The age limit for all the posts under NPCIL is mentioned below:
|Scientific Assistant/B||18 to 30 years|
|Technician/B||18 to 25 years|
Relaxation In Maximum Age Limit
There is age relaxation for certain categories. We get you the age relaxation for various categories below:
|Category||Years of Relaxation|
Note: Maximum Age of the candidate should not exceed 56 years.
In addition to Pay in Pay Matrix, successful candidates on appointment will be eligible for applicable allowances. This includes Central Dearness Allowance and other benefits of the Corporation provided from time to time such as Leave Travel Concession, Gratuity, Medical Facility, Departmental Accommodation, etc.
|Name of Post||Pay in Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC Revised Pay)|
|Scientific Assistant/B||Rs. 35,400 (Pay in Pay Matrix in Level – 6)|
|Technician/B||Rs. 21,700 (Pay in Pay Matrix in Level – 3)|
How To Apply For NPCIL Recruitment?
The last date to apply for the NPCIL exam was 31st January 2020. The NPCIL Online Registration process comprised the following steps :
1st Step: Registration
Click on Apply tab under that click on Online Registration from the top menu in order to Register. The new applicants are required to provide information such as Name, Date of Birth, Category, Email, Contact Mobile number, PwBD details, and other exemption details, if applicable. An activation email will be sent to the applicant’s email box. The candidate then has to activate the account by clicking on the activation link.
2nd Step: Fill the Application Form
On successful completion of this activation, candidates can log in using their login id and password to apply online. In this step, the applicant has to enter all the necessary information required such as:
- Educational Qualifications
- Work Experience, if any
- Personal Details
On entering all the information, the applicant can click on the “Save and Proceed to Next Step” once he completes.
3rd Step: Upload Photo & Signature
The candidate should scan his/her photograph in JPEG format, of size not more than 50KB and a minimum of 125 x 165 pixels (4.4 x 5.8 in cm) in dimensions and signature in JPEG format of size not more than 20KB and a minimum of 125 x 80 pixels (4.4 x 2.9 cm) in dimensions. The signature image should be in JPG format of size not more than 20KB and a minimum of 125 x 80 pixels (4.4 x 2.9 cm) in dimensions to be uploaded at the space provided.
4th Step: Submit Application
Once the applicant reaches the “Submit Application” stage, a draft of all the information entered by the applicant will be shown. At this point, the applicant is allowed to modify any details entered in earlier stages. If an applicant is sure that all the information entered is correct, he/she can submit the application using the “Submit Application” option. The applicant will not be allowed to make any changes in the information given once he/she submits the application.
5th Step: After the submission of the application, a Registration number will be generated. The candidate has to carry the printed application form at the time of attending the interview.
Selection Procedure Of NPCIL Recruitment
NPCIL Scientific Assistant/B (Civil, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication/ Electronics/ Instrumentation, Electrical)
- The selection process is based on the Written examination (Computer-based Test/OMR consisting of two sections.
- Section-2 will have 60 questions from English, Quantitative Aptitude and General Knowledge. Section-2 will have 60 questions from their respective disciplines.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours and there will be no negative marking.
- The cut off marks to pass the Written Examination for the General category (UR) is 45% and for SC / ST / OBC is 35%. However, all passed candidates will not be called for the Interview.
- Calling for Interview depends upon the number of candidates qualifying in Written Examination but should not exceed 5 times the number of vacancies notified.
NPCIL Technician/B (Surveyor, Draftsman, Fitter/ Turner/ Machinist, Electrician/ Wireman, Electronic Mechanic/ Instrument Mechanic)
The selection process is based on three stages.
- Stage-1: Preliminary Test (On the same day)
- Stage-2: Advanced Test (On the same day)
- Stage-3: Skill Test
NPCIL Prelims Exam Pattern for Technician/B Posts
- The examination will comprise of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- The total time duration is 1 hour.
- 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 mark is to be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
Note: The qualifying marks for General Category (UR) is 40% and for SC / ST / OBC / PWBD is 30% marks.
Advanced Test Exam Pattern for Technician/B Posts
- The examination will comprise of 50 multiple choice questions
- The time duration is 2 hours.
- The level of questions will be based on your academic/professional / technical qualifications.
- 3 marks to be awarded for each correct answer.
- For each incorrect answer, 1 mark is to be deducted.
- The qualifying standards for General Category (UR) is 30% and for SC / ST / OBC / PWBD is 20% marks.
Skill Test Exam Pattern for Technician/B Posts
- Based upon the merit list prepared after the Stage-2, candidates in each trade will be shortlisted for the Skill Test.
- The skill test will be of qualifying nature only on Go / No Go basis.
- The number of candidates shortlisted for Skill Test will be dependent upon the number of candidates qualifying for Stage-2 but will not exceed 5 times the number of vacancies for each post.
- Candidates clearing the Skill Test will be shortlisted and the merit list will be prepared as per the marks secured in Stage-2.
FAQs Related To NPCIL Recruitment
Some of the FAQs related to NPCIL recruitment and their answers are as under:
Q1: Where should I send the print out of the Online Application form?
A: Print out of Online Application form is NOT TO BE SENT. Only candidates screened for Trade / Skill Test and Certificate Verification are required to carry with them the printout of ‘Online Application Form’ along with other essential documents mentioned in the advertisement.
Q2: I have submitted my application online, but have forgotten the Registration Number and also did not take a print out of the ‘Online Application Form’. What do I do?
A: You may check your e-mail. After registration, an e-mail will be sent to each applicant along with the registration number and name.
Q3: How can I pay my NPCIL Application fee?
A: Candidates do not have to pay any application fees for the NPCIL registration form.
Q4: I have not received the activation email when I completed my registration. Why?
A: The activation email could have been delivered to the spam/junk folder of your email account. So, please check in these folders.
We hope this article on NPCIL Recruitment 2020 helps you. However, if you come across any doubt or have any feedback to share, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.1449 Views