The Public Financial Management System (PFMS) is an online application issued by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The PFMS Scholarship is designed to help students from financially weaker families with scholarships or higher education. It enables the students to check the status of their scholarship payments under the central sector sponsored schemes and centrally sponsored schemes.
This article provides a list of all the PFMS scholarship schemes and their brief description. The benefit under all the schemes is transferred through the PFMS portal. Find below the complete details about all the PFMS scholarships.
PFMS Scholarship: Overview
|Name of the Scholarship||Public Financial Management System (PFMS)|
|Conducted By||Central Government|
|Rewards||Varies as per the scheme|
|Eligibility||Class 12th pass-out|
PFMS: List of Scholarships
The PFMS provides different Scholarships, such as;
- PFMS Scholarship to College Students
- Post Matric Scholarships for SC /ST Students
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for SC Students
- National Means Cum Merit Scheme
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Child for Secondary Education
- Scholarship of Top Class Education For SC students
- Upgradation of merit for the SC students
- Post-Matric Scholarship for students belonging to OBCs (PMS-OBC)
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
PFMS Scholarship Details
Find below the details about all the scholarship programs covered under the PFMS scholarship.
PFMS Scholarship: Scholarship to Universities /College Students
- Qualifying Exam Level: Class 12th (Top 20% students)
- Selection Process: For the selection process top 20% of students of the 12th class will be analyzed by the authorities. The authorities will shortlist a total of 41,000 girls and boys equally and a total of 82,000 students will be selected from each state board.
- Reward: The selected students at the graduation level will get INR 1,000 per month for the starting three years and at the post-graduation level INR 2,000 per month. For the professional courses INR 2,000 per month in the 4th and 5th year. The payment of scholarship will be given for 10 months in a year.
- Age limit: Candidate must be between 18 to 25 years of age.
- Family Income: Should be less than INR 6 lac per annum.
- Application mode: Through the national scholarship portal
Registration for PFMS Scholarship
Eligible candidates can fill the application form for the PFMS scholarship by following the steps below:
1st Step: Visit the official website of the relevant scholarship portal
2nd Step: Click on the student registration option from the main page
3rd Step: Select the scholarship scheme as per your eligibility
4th Step: Enter the details like name, class, age, family income, education board, bank account details, mobile number, and email ID.
5th Step: Upload the documents and submit the details and to validate the mobile number an OTP will be sent on the entered number
6th Step: Enter the OTP and recheck all the details before submitting and proceed
7th Step: After submitting take out the print of the scholarship application
Required Documents for PFMS
Find below the list of required documents for the PFMS scholarship:
- Aadhar card copy
- Bank details
- Caste certificate
- Copy of Class/ Category/ Reservation certificate in PDF format
- Scanned copy of the passport-size photo (less than 1 MB in size)
- Income certificate
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Fee receipt copy to be uploaded in PDF format
- Copy of mark sheet of the candidates in pdf format
- Scanned sign of the candidate
PFMS Scholarship: Post Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Castes /Scheduled Tribes Students
- Qualifying Exam: Class 10th
- Administration of this scheme: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment Through States /UT and Head of Institution
- Family Income Requirement: Not more than INR 2.5 lac per annum
- Benefits: Study tour charges, maintenance allowance, thesis typing /printing charges for Research Scholars, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, book bank facility for specified courses, book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses, additional allowance for students with disabilities, for the complete duration of the course.
- Academic qualification: From class 10+2 to post-doctoral level.
- Application Mode: Online application through the official website.
PFMS Scholarship: Pre-Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Castes Students
- Administering Authority: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Sponsored type: Centrally Sponsored
- Academic Qualification: Students from class 9th and 10th
- Family Income Requirement: Not more than INR 1 lac per annum.
- Application Mode: Online application through the respective portal
PFMS Scholarship: National Means Cum Merit Scheme
- Qualifying exam: Minimum 55% marks in Class 8th for general category, and 50% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
- Selection Process: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), and Mental Ability Test(MAT) qualified at the state level.
- Duration of scholarship: Total 4 years
- Administration Department: Dept of Elementary Education (HRD)
- Scholarship Amount: Total amount INR 6,000 to be paid INR 1500 quarterly
- Eligible Institutions: Any Government Body, Local Body, or Govt. Aided School
- Payment Authority: Program Division through PAO (HRD)
- Condition for Continuance: Candidate must score a minimum of 55% marks in 9th class and a minimum of 60% marks in the 10th class. There is a relaxation for the candidates belonging to ST/SC category.
- Other Conditions: Candidate should not be employed in any part-time or full-time job, and should not be an availing benefit under any other scholarship scheme.
PFMS Scholarship: National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Child for Secondary Education
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have cleared class 8th
- Total Scholarship period: Two years
- Administering Authority: Department of Elementary Education (HRD), Government of India
- Scholarship Amount: INR 3,000 paid only once.
- Payment Authority: Program Division through PAO (HRD)
- Application Mode: Online application through the official portal of the national scholarship
- Restriction: The scholarship amount is paid to candidates after attaining the age of 18 years and after completing two years in school after clearing the class 10th exam.
- Family Income Requirement: Not applicable
PFMS Scholarship: Scholarship of Top Class Education For SC students
- Covered Institutes of Education: Total 207 institutes spread all over the country including NITs, IITs, IIMs
- Covered Courses: Law, Management, Engineering, Medicine /Dentistry, and other Specialized Streams
- Administering Department: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment Through States /UT and Selected school’s Head of Institution
- Benefits: Living expenses of Rs. 2220 per month, books and stationery of Rs.3000 per annum, the latest computer with full accessories limited to Rs. 45000 as one-time assistance, full tuition fee, and other non-refundable charges (There is a ceiling limit of INR 2 lac per annum in a private institution, and INR 3.72 lac per annum in private commercial pilot training institutions.
- Family Income Restriction: Family income should not be more than INR 4.5 lac per annum.
PFMS Scholarship: Upgradation of merit for the SC students
- Scholarship Period: Total of four years
- Administration Department: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment Through States /UT and Head of Institution
- Scholarship Duration: Total of four years
- Benefits: Package of INR 25,000 thousand per student, INR 10,000 per year for an honorarium to Principal, Experts, and other incidental charges, and a total of INR 15,000 which includes (Pocket Money of INR 300 for 10 months, Boarding & Lodging charges INR 900 pm for 10 months, and Books and Stationery of INR 3,000).
- Educational Institution requirements: The schools in different towns and districts based on the illiterate population of Scheduled Caste candidates. The school should have a hostel facility, facility for all-round development, Kendriya Vidyalaya with hostel facility, and they should have a good academic result in past few years.
PFMS Scholarship: Post-Matric Scholarship for students belonging to OBCs (PMS-OBC)
- Administering Body: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India
- Family income Restriction: Total income should not be more than INR 1 lac per annum.
- Scholarship type: Centrally Sponsored
- Academic Qualification: Class 11th to post-doctoral level courses.
- Application Mode: Online through official portal of state.
PFMS Scholarship – Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
- Academic qualification: Students from class 11th to post-doctoral level
- Category: Only for Other Backward class candidates
- Type of Scholarship: Centrally sponsored
- Application process: Online
- Administered by: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India
- Family Income Requirement: Less than Rs. 1 lac per annum.
Question 1: What is the mode to apply for the PFMS scholarship?
Answer: The eligible candidates can apply for the PFMS scholarship in online mode.
Question 2: What is the age limit for the PFMS scholarship for the Universities and college students?
Answer: The age limit for the PFMS scholarship for Universities and college students is 18 to 25 years of age.
Question 3: What amount of scholarship is paid under the National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Child for Secondary Education?
Answer: The eligible candidates get INR 3,000 under the National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Child for Secondary Education.
Question 4: From where the Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students is sponsored?
Answer: The Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students is sponsored Centrally.
Question 5: What is the minimum family income requirement as per the post-matric scholarships for Scheduled Castes /Scheduled Tribes Students?
Answer: The family income of the candidate should not exceed more than INR 2.5 lac per annum, as per the requirement for the post-matric scholarships for Scheduled Castes /Scheduled Tribes Students.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on PFMS Scholarship.