PGIMER Exam Pattern 2021 – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh has released the exam pattern of PGIMER 2021 along with the notification. Candidates must go through the PGIMER exam pattern 2021 to understand the format and structure of the question paper. Candidates will be able to know the marking scheme of exam, number of questions, sections and the duration of the exam.
The question paper is drawn from the subjects that includes Pre-clinical, para-clinical, clinical subjects and other important subjects in medical science. To know the detailed information about the PGIMER exam pattern 2021, candidates can go through the article.
PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern – Highlights
|Name of the exam||PGIMER|
|Exam conducting body||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based|
|Duration of exam||Three hours|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (five alternate answers)|
|Total number of questions||250|
|Marking scheme||There will be negative marking|
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2021
The PGIMER 2021 entrance exam will be held in computer-based mode and time duration is 3 hours. The questions will be based on the MBBS syllabus and have questions from the following subjects – Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology, Orthopaedics, Microbiology, Psychiatry etc. There will be a total of 250 objective type of questions.
Paper Pattern of PGIMER 2021 – Subject wise Questions
|Subjects||Number of questions|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||Twenty|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||Seven|
|Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||Ten|
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2021 – Marking Scheme
As per the marking scheme of PGIMER July session 2021, candidates will be awarded marks for every correct answer and for wrong responses, marks will be deducted. This exam follows the concept of negative marking. No marks will be given for the questions left unanswered.
PGIMER Marking System
As compared to other entrance exam, the marking system of PGIMER is different. The percentage of a candidate as per the PGIMER 2021 exam pattern is calculated using the following formula:
Percentage = [x/a – y/b] x 100
|a||Correct answer (out of 1250 options)|
|b||Incorrect answer (out of 1250 options)|
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2021 – Important Points
- There will be a total of 250 multiple choice questions with five alternative responses. That will account for a total of 1250 responses
- As per the PGIMER 2021 exam pattern, one or more of the five options can be correct for each question
- There will be multiple-choice questions in a random sequence. Candidates have to choose the correct response from the given five options
- As per the exam conducting body, PGIMER July session will be conducted only in English
- The questions asked in the entrance exam will be based on the MBBS syllabus
- Candidates are required to report the examination hall one hour before the scheduled time.
- Hall tickets must be downloaded online and must be carried along with candidate to examination hall.
- All the questions will be in English and the question will be of multiple choice questions.
- Candidates will be given admission in post-graduate degree programs based on the percentage scored by them.
PGIMER 2021- Syllabus
The syllabus of PGIMER 2021 will have the topics from different subjects from where the questions will be asked in the entrance exam. PGIMER syllabus is mainly based on MBBS. Some of the subjects from where the questions will be asked are – Internal Medicine, Pathology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Pharmacology, Applied Biochemistry etc,.
PGIMER 2021 – Tips for preparation
Candidates who are preparing for PGIMER entrance test are advised to start their preparation at the earliest in order to avoid last-minute pressure. For the candidates who aspire to take PGIMER 2021, can check below simple preparation tips:
- Go through the exam pattern of PGIMER 2021 and syllabus.
- Try to get some of the best books for the entrance test that are available online or offline.
- Make a study schedule and follow it till the day of the exam.
- Try to divide all the topics and sections equally in order to not to miss any topic or sub-topics.
- Also, solve sample papers/question papers and take mock tests that are available online.
- Make short notes.
- Revise with the help of short notes before the exam.
- Lastly, do not take stress, take proper sleep and stay positive.
Frequently Asked Questions:
| Question 1: Who is eligible for the PGIMER Entrance Exam?|
Answer: An applicant who has qualified 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology or any other equivalent exam with a minimum score of 50%. The age of the applicant should be in between 17 years and 25 years. The eligibility criteria for each course varies widely.
| Question 2: What is the mode of PGIMER Exam?|
Answer: PGIMER Exam is conducted in online mode i.e. CBT. Candidates can visit the website and check all details here.
| Question 3: What factors must be considered while calculating PGIMER Cut off?|
Answer: PGIMER cut off is calculate by taking few factors into consideration such as number of candidates appeared, number of candidates who passed, total number of seats & difficulty level.
| Question 4: What happens if I have given PGIMER Exam, can I go for PGIMER Counselling?|
Answer: No, merely appearing for PGIMER Exam is not sufficient to avail the counselling procedure. PGIMER Counselling is conducted after PGIMER Results is declared. PGIMER authority also declare PGIMER Cut off of the PGIMER Exam along with the result.
| Question 5: Is the exam conducted in regional language also?|
Answer: As this is a national level examination, so this exam is conducted in English language only.
We hope that this information on PGIMER Exam Pattern has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
|PGIMER Admit Card|
|PGIMER Application Form|
|PGIMER Exam Pattern|
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on PGIMER Exam Pattern 2021404 Views