SSC JE Preparation Tips: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) releases the SSC JE Notification every year to recruit Junior Engineers across India. SSC will soon release the SSC JE 2021-22 notification to fill new vacancies under the Junior engineer post. Candidates who are preparing for upcoming SSC JE vacancies must start their preparation as the commission can release the latest notification for SSC JE 2021-22 recruitment drive anytime soon. But before starting the study, candidates must have an idea of the preparation strategy.
In order to crack the SSC JE exam, you will need a thorough knowledge of SSC JE Exam Pattern and SSC JE Syllabus. You also need to go through the previous year’s papers to understand the type of questions asked and the difficulty level of this exam. This article will provide you the useful and effective tips and tricks to crack the SSC JE exam in your first attempt.
SSC JE Preparation – Stages Of Exam
SSC JE is a two-tier exam. This means the selection process consists of 2 stages.
- Stage 1: It is an online Test for 200 marks for two hours.
- Stage 2: It is an offline exam for 300 marks for the duration of two hours.
In order to prepare for the SSC JE exam, you need to be well prepared not only in your respective core engineering branches (i.e., Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical) but also in subjects like General Intelligence and General Awareness.
Having a good knowledge of the exam pattern is very much needed to plan your study. Thus, let’s go through the SSC JE Exam pattern which is as follows:
SSC JE Preparation – Exam Pattern For Paper 1
The total time duration is 2 hours (120 minutes)
SSC JE Preparation – Exam Pattern For Paper 2
Paper 2 is a descriptive paper (written Examination) carrying 300 marks and the total time duration is 2 hours. Paper 2 is different for different engineering branches. Candidates can only choose any one paper to attempt.
Part A – General Engineering (Structural and Civil)
Part B – General Engineering (Electrical)
Part C – General Engineering (Mechanical)
How To Prepare For The SSC JE?
You need to analyze the factors which affect your preparation and build a preparation strategy. Every aspirant has his own study strategy and planning. However, we are going to provide you with some tips and key points which will help you in SSC JE Preparation. Some general preparation tips for SSC JE are as under:
- Know The Syllabus: Go through the SSC JE Syllabus and SSC Exam Pattern thoroughly. Segregate the topics according to the difficulty level.
- Create A Realistic Time Table: Prepare a realistic timetable and follow it strictly. But also be open to modifying the timetable when required. Allocate more time to difficult topics.
- Develop Reading Habits: Allocate some time every day to read newspapers, current affairs magazines, and various books for engineering subjects. Keep yourself updated with all important events and issues of the last six months.
- Clear Your Basics: Read the theory behind every concept and have your basics clear for every concept.
- Make Notes: Try to make your own notes which will help you to revise quickly. If not possible try to highlight the key points.
- Memorize Formulas: All the formulas should be at your fingertips. Practice them regularly so that you do not forget them.
- Go Through Example Problems: Going through example problems will help you understand the steps to solve problems.
- Go Through Previous Year Papers: Go through the previous year question papers and check the weightage of different topics, type of questions asked and their difficulty level. Master the topics having higher weightage. Take at least past 5-10 years of question papers and solve them.
- Solve Sufficient Practice Questions: You must practice diligently and be in a position to answer any type of questions asked from any topic.
- Take Mock Tests: Taking SSC JE mock tests will help you get a clear idea about where you are standing and where you need to improve. You will also get used to the pressure of taking exams.
- Improve Your Test-Taking Skills: Scoring well also depends upon how wisely you select the questions to answer and how efficiently you use your time. Make sure to improve your overall test-taking skills and develop a smart strategy to take the exam.
SSC JE Preparation: Subject Wise Approach
SSC JE Preparation – General Intelligence: In this section, the questions will be based on logical reasoning topics like data sufficiency, linear and circular arrangement, direction and distances, number-based analogies, etc.
- Refer to previous year papers and prepare for this section. This will help you to know the types of questions asked and the difficulty level of the questions.
- Go through the solved papers and understand the logic thoroughly. Practice different types of questions with varying difficulty levels.
SSC JE Preparation – General Awareness: In this section, you need to be up-to-date regarding the current events.
- Read newspapers and follows daily news and current affairs. Make sure you don’t spend too much time, rather fix time on a regular basis.
- The syllabus is very large thus, refer the previous year paper and prepare accordingly.
- Just being aware of the day-to-day news will also be good.
- Take online quizzes regularly.
SSC JE Preparation – General Engineering (Civil/ Structural or Electrical or Mechanical): This section is different for different engineering streams. In-depth, core engineering knowledge is very much required. The candidate must be very clear with the basics and must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Part of the questions will be based on theoretical concepts and once you are good with your concepts you can very easily answer such questions.
- In order to solve numerical problems, you need to be good with the theoretical knowledge, its application, formulae and problem-solving skills.
- Practice in a time-bound manner and get exposed to various types of problems. Refer to example problems at your initial stage of preparation.
- You will come across more theory-based questions when compared to numerical based. Thus, first, try to solve the theory-based questions as it will take lesser time because you either know the answer or don’t know.
SSC JE Preparation: Best Books For SSC JE
Best Books For SSC JE General Intelligence (Reasoning):
- i) A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agrawal
Best Books For SSC JE General Awareness:
- i) Newspapers and Daily News
- ii) Lucent General Knowledge
- iii) Manorama Yearbook
Best Books For SSC JE General Engineering:
Refer to your respective engineering books to be very clear with your basics and then go for sample papers.
Part A – Civil / Structural Engineering
- a) SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide By Disha Prakashan
- b) SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Word Book by Kiran Publication.
- c) SSC CPWD – MES Junior Engineers Examination Civil Engineering by GK Publication.
Part B – Electrical Engineering
- a) Kiran SSC Junior Engineering Exam Electrical Guide -Cum-practice workbook by Kiran Prakashsn.
- b) SSC Junior Engineers (Cpwd/Cwc/Mes) Electrical Engineering 15 Practice by GK Publication.
- c) Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering (Popular Master Guide) by Ramesh Publishing
Part C – Mechanical Engineering
- a) SSC Junoir Engineer(Mechanical) Exam Guide by Ramesh Publication.
- b) Kiran’s SSC Junior Engineering self-study Guide cum Practice Book.
- c) SSC CWC / MES 2015 Mechanical Engineering (Junior Engineering Recruitment Exam ) by GK Publication.
We have provided you with all the relevant information which will help you in your SSC JE Preparation. Make sure you manage your time and study with complete focus. Take good care of your health. Once you are done with the syllabus, take mock tests and improve on your weak areas. Embibe also provides SSC JE Mock Tests that you prepare for SSC JE Exam. Take the tests to where you stand to plan out for the future exam strategy.
SSC JE Preparation FAQs
|Q. How many papers are there in the SSC JE exam?|
Ans. There are two papers namely paper 1 and paper 2 in the SSC JE exam.
|Q. How to prepare for the SSC JE exam?|
Ans. To prepare for the SSC JE exam, candidates practice mock test series on a daily basis. Also, they should have complete information of exam pattern and marking schema
|Q. What is the selection process for the SSC JE exam?|
Ans. The SSC JE selection process consists of 3 stages i.e. paper 1, paper 2, and Document Verification process.
|Q. Is there any medical test in SSC JE?|
Ans: No, there is no medical test for recruitment to JE post
|Q. For how many marks SSC JE paper 2 is conducted?|
Ans. SSC JE paper 2 is conducted for 300 marks.
We hope we have provided you with all the relevant information regarding SSC JE Preparation. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.1437 Views