SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021: Candidates appearing for the SSC Junior Engineer exam must have a clear knowledge of the SSC JE Exam Pattern and SSC JE Selection Procedure. The exam pattern of the SSC JE exam involves two papers i.e. Paper I & Paper-II. Candidates who will qualify both papers i.e Paper I & Paper II will be called for Document Verification. Candidates must be aware of the selection procedure, type of questions, marking scheme and time duration, etc. In this article, we will provide you with all the details about the SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021 and help you to know how you can strategize your preparation. Read on to find out.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
Before getting into the detailed SSC JE Exam Pattern, let us have an overview of the SSC JE Exam 2021:
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer Exam|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose||Selecting candidates for the post of junior engineers in various ministries and departments of the Government of India|
|Mode of Exam||Paper I-Online|
SSC JE Selection Process 2021
As mentioned above, the SSC JE selection procedure involves two stages – Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I: The first phase of the selection process, is an Objective Type Computer Based Test
- Paper-II, The second stage, is a Descriptive Type Written Test
Let us look into the detailed SSC JE Exam Pattern for each stage now:
SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper 1
The SSC JE exam pattern for Paper 1 is as under:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|General Engineering ||100 for each part||100|
Key Points To Remember Regarding SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper – 1
- General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Awareness sections will be common for all the three streams.
- In the General Engineering section, candidates have to attempt the sections as per their branches (i.e., either Civil or Mechanical or Electrical).
- Candidates have to complete Paper – I in 2 hours (120 minutes).
- 0.25 % of marks will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each right attempt.
- If the candidate does not attempt the General Engineering section as per the instructions, then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by the board.
SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper 2
Candidates who qualify in Paper 1 are eligible to appear for Paper II.
Key Points To Remember Regarding SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper – II
- There will be three parts in Paper-II under General Engineering, and candidates have to attempt them as per their branch.
- If candidates have attempted a part other then instructed then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by SSC.
- Candidates have to complete Paper-II in 2 hours.
SSC JE Syllabus 2021
The standard of the questions in Engineering subjects will be of the level of Diploma in Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics) from a recognized Institute, Board or University recognized by All India Board of Technical Education.
All the questions of Civil and Structural Engineering will be asked from the topics mentioned in the table below:
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 For Paper-I
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, etc.|
|General Awareness||History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.|
Part – A (Civil Engineering)
|Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, etc.|
Part – B (Electrical Engineering)
|Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, etc.|
Part – C (Mechanical Engineering)
|Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, etc.|
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 For Paper-II
|Part A – Civil & Structural Engineering||Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, etc.|
|Part B – Electrical Engineering||Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, etc.|
|Part C – Mechanical Engineering||Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, etc.|
SSC JE Final Selection
The final selection will be based on the cumulative or total marks scored in both Paper-I and Paper-II. Posting will be given to the candidates on the basis of merit and preferences entered by them during SSC JE application form filling.
FAQs On SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
Some of the FAQs and their answers are as under:
|Q: What are the major topics of Paper 1 and Paper 2 for SSC JE 2021?|
A: SSC JE Syllabus includes topics from General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and Technical topics of candidates’ respective specialization in Paper 1. While in Paper 2, candidates have to solve the problems based on the topics from Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical engineering as chosen by the candidates.
|Q: What is the exam pattern of SSC JE Paper 2?|
A: Paper 2 is a descriptive paper conducted in pen and paper-based mode and candidates have to attempt a question paper of 300 marks in 2 hours. Here, candidates have to choose the subject from Part A – Civil & Structural Engineering, Part B – Electrical Engineering, and Part C – Mechanical Engineering i.e. the field of their specialization.
|Q: Is there a negative marking in SSC JE Exam?|
A: There is negative marking in SSC JE exam. Please note that 0.25 % of marks will be deducted for every wrong attempt. However, there is no negative marking applicable in Paper-2.
|Q: What are the best books to prepare for SSC JE Exam?|
A: The best books to prepare for SSC JE Exam Paper 1 are:
1. SSC-JE 2019 Civil Engineering Previous Years Topicwise Objective 2. Detailed Solution with Theory – IES Master Team
3. SSC Junior Engineer Civil & Structural Recruitment Exam Guide 3rd Edition – Disha Experts
4. SSC: Junior Engineer (Civil) Exam Guide for Paper I & II (Civil & Structural) – RPH Editorial Board
5. SSC JE (CPWD/MES) Civil Engineering for Junior Engineers Recruitment Examination 2018-19 – GKP
6. SSC JE Civil 2019 Engineering Solved Papers (English Medium) – Youth Competition Times
|Q: How many marks are allotted to each question in the SSC JE Paper I?|
A: Each question of the written exams carries 1 mark.
We hope that this detailed article on SSC JE Exam Pattern gives you all the necessary information about the pattern, time duration, and maximum marks. This will be very helpful during your SSC JE preparation. Finish all the topics included in SSC JE syllabus and revise them properly. You can take SSC JE mock tests on Embibe. Taking these tests will help you a lot.
If you have any questions pertaining to SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021, please drop your queries in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.959 Views