SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019-20: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC JE exam for the recruitment of Junior Engineers in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical branches of various government departments. SSC had released the SSC JE Notification on 13th August 2019. A huge number of candidates appear for the SSC JE exam making it a highly competitive exam. Candidates appearing for the exam must have a clear knowledge of the SSC JE Exam Pattern and SSC JE Selection Procedure.
Latest: The SSC JE 2019-20 (Paper-I) Exam date has been revised and is now scheduled from October 27th to 30th, 2020.
The SSC JE exam takes place in 2 phases for all the three branches. Candidates must be aware of what each stage of the selection procedure entails, what are the different sections in the exam, what type of questions are asked, what is the marking scheme, time duration, etc. Unless they have proper knowledge of the selection procedure, they cannot create a proper study plan for the exam.
So, in this article, we will provide you with all the details about the SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019-20. Read on to find out.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020
Before getting into the detailed SSC JE Exam Pattern, let us have an overview of important dates:
|SSC JE Notification Release||13th August 2019|
|Application Form Filling Starts||13th August 2019|
|Application Form Filling Ends||12th September 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|SSC JE Paper 1 Admit Card||August 2020|
|Exam Date Paper 1||27th to 30th October 2020 (Revised)|
|SSC JE Paper 2 Admit Card||To Be Notified|
|Exam Date Paper 2||Postponed|
|SSC JE Result||To Be Notified|
SSC JE Selection Process 2020
As mentioned above, the SSC JE selection procedure involves two stages – Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I: The first phase of the selection process, is an Objective Type Computer Based Test
- Paper-II, The second stage, is a Descriptive Type Written Test
Let us look into the detailed SSC JE Exam Pattern for each stage now:
SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper 1
The SSC JE exam pattern for Paper 1 is as under:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|General Engineering ||100 for each part||100|
Key Points To Remember Regarding SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper – 1
- General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Awareness sections will be common for all the three streams.
- In the General Engineering section, candidates have to attempt the sections as per their branches (i.e., either Civil or Mechanical or Electrical).
- Candidates have to complete Paper – I in 2 hours (120 minutes).
- 0.25 % of marks will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
- 1 mark will be given for each right attempt.
- If the candidate does not attempt the General Engineering section as per the instructions, then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by the board.
SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper 2
Candidates who qualify in Paper 1 are eligible to appear for Paper-II.
Key Points To Remember Regarding SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper – II
- There will be three parts in Paper-II under General Engineering, and candidates have to attempt them as per their branch.
- If candidates have attempted a part other then instructed then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by SSC.
- 0.25% negative marking will be applied to every wrong attempt.
- Candidates have to complete Paper-II in 2 hours.
SSC JE Final Selection
The final selection will be based on the cumulative or total marks scored in both Paper-I and Paper-II. Posting will be given to the candidates on the basis of merit and preferences entered by them during SSC JE application form filling.
We hope that this detailed article on SSC JE Exam Pattern gives you all the necessary information about the pattern, time duration, and maximum marks. This will be very helpful during your SSC JE preparation. Finish all the topics included in SSC JE syllabus and revise them properly. You can take SSC JE mock tests on Embibe. Taking these tests will help you a lot.
If you have any questions pertaining to SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019-20, please drop your queries in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.209 Views