SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts SSC JE exam for recruitment of Junior Engineers in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical branches of various government departments. SSC has released the SSC JE Notification recently and candidates can now apply for the posts till13th September 2019. As a huge number of candidates appear for SSC JE exam, it is highly competitive. Thus, it becomes very important to have a thorough knowledge of the exam pattern which would be the first step to crack the SSC JE Exam.
The exam takes place in 2 phases for all the three branches. Candidates appearing for the exam must have a clear knowledge of the SSC JE Exam Pattern and SSC JE syllabus. They must know which stages of the selection procedure entails, what are the different sections in the exam, what type of questions are asked, what is the marking scheme, time duration, etc. Unless they have a proper knowledge of the selection procedure, they cannot create a proper study plan for the exam.
So, in this article, we will provide you with all the details about the SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019. Read on to find out.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019
Let us have a quick overview of Pattern and Selection Procedure of SSC JE exam 2019.
As mentioned above, SSC JE exam involves two stages – Paper – I and Paper-II.
- Paper – I, which is the first phase of the selection process, is an Objective Type Computer Based Test
- Paper-II, which is the second stage, is a Descriptive Type Written Test
Let us look into the detailed SSC JE Exam Pattern for each stage now:
SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper – I
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
||100 for each part||100|
Key Points To Remember Regarding SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper – I
- General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Awareness sections will be common for all the three streams.
- In General Engineering section, candidates have to attempt the sections as per their branches (i.e., either civil or mechanical or electrical).
- Candidates have to complete Paper – I in 2 hours (120 minutes).
- 0.25 % of marks will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
- 1 mark will be given for each right attempt.
- If the candidate does not attempt the General Engineering section as per the instructions are given in Paper – I, then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by the board.
SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper 2
Candidates who qualify in Paper – I are eligible to appear for Paper 2.
Key Points To Remember Regarding SSC JE Exam Pattern For Paper – II
- There will be three parts in Paper – II under General Engineering, and candidates have to attempt them as per their branch.
- If the candidates have attempted a part other then instructed then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by SSC.
- 0.25% negative marking will be applied to every wrong attempt.
- Candidates have to complete paper – II in 2 hours.
SSC JE Final Selection
Candidates who will clear SSC JE Paper – I in SSC JE exam will be called for SSC JE Paper-II. The final selection will be based on the cumulative or total marks scored in both Paper – I and Paper-II. Posting will be given to the candidate on the basis of merit and preferences entered by them during SSC JE application form filling.
SSC JE Exam Important Dates
The schedule for SSC JE 2018-19 is as under:
|SSC JE Notification Release||1st February 2019|
|Application Form Filling Starts||1st February 2019|
|Application Form Filling Ends||25th February 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||27th February 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Last Date to Generate Challan for offline Fee Payment||27th February 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Last Date for Payment through Challan (During Working Hours of the Bank)||28th February 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Exam Date Paper 1||23rd to 27th September 2019|
|Exam Date Paper 2||29th December 2019|
|SSC JE Result||Yet to be announced|
We hope that this detailed article on SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019 gives you all the necessary information about the pattern, time duration and maximum marks. This will be very helpful during your SSC JE preparation. You should also finish all the topics included in SSC JE syllabus and revise them properly. As banking exams like IBPS PO have almost same exam pattern and difficulty level that of SSC JE Paper 1, you can take mock tests for these exams and it will help you in SSC JE exam as well. You can take IBPS PO mock tests on Embibe. These are available for free.
If you have any question pertaining to SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019, please drop your query in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.