SSC JE 2020-21 Notification: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC JE 2021 Recruitment notification on the official website. SSC Junior Engineer Notification has been released for Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying and Contract Posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of Government of India. Candidates interested to serve as a Junior Engineer in Government sector can check the eligibility and other details to apply online. Check SSC JE Official Notification Here.
SSC JE 2021 Online Registration has begun from October 01 and the last date to apply online is October 30. SSC JE 2021 vacancies are not decided and the details will be released in the upcoming days. Thousands of vacancies are released every year and the same is expected this year too. In this article, we have provided all the relevant information on SSC JE 2020 such as exam dates, vacancies, salary, eligibility, registration, fee, syllabus, pattern, admit card & more. Read on to know more.
SSC JE 2020-21 Notification
Let us give you an overview of SSC JE 2020-21:
|Name of the Exam||Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineers Examination 2020-21|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Frequency of the Exam||Annual|
|Posts Offered||Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying & Contract|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer Based Test) Paper I and Offline Paper II|
|SSC JE 2020-21 Notification||October 01, 2020|
As per the previous SSC exam calendar, SSC JE 2020 Notification was scheduled to release on 4th August 2020. However, due to the Coronavirus outbreak, release of the new notification has been delayed. As per the new SSC Exam Calendar, SSC JE 2020 Notification has been released on October 01, 2020.
SSC JE Exam Date 2020-21
The important dates for SSC JE 2020-21 Recruitment are tabulated in the table below:
|Events||SSC JE 2020-21 Dates|
|Release of SSC JE Notification||October 01, 2020|
|Start of SSC JE Online Application||October 01, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||October 30, 2020|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||November 01, 2020|
|Last Date to Download Challan ( Offline Fee Payment)||November 03, 2020|
|Last Date For Offline Fee Payment||November 05, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||March 2021 (Tentative)|
|SSC JE Tier-1 Exam||March 22 to 25, 2021|
|SSC JE Tier-2 Exam||To be notified|
SSC JE 2019-20 Dates
Due to COVID 19 pandemic situation, exams have been delayed and revised exam dates have been released. Check the SSC JE 2019-20 important dates below:
|Events||SSC JE 2019-20 Dates|
|Start online Registration||August 13, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online||September 12, 2019|
|SSC JE 2019-20 Paper 1 Admit Card||October 2nd Week 2020 (Tentative)|
|SSC JE 2019-20 Paper 1 Exam Date||October 27 to 30, 2020|
|SSC JE 2019-20 Paper 1 Result||To Be Notified|
|SSC JE 2019-20 Paper 2 Exam Date||January 31, 2021|
SSC JE 2020: Posts Offered
Let us now look at the different Junior Engineer posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in Government of India:
|Border Road Organization (BRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Border Road Organization (BRO)||Junior Engineer (Electrical &|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Electrical &|
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|National Technical Research Organizatio (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
SSC JE Vacancies 2020-21
SSC has not yet released the SSC JE 2020-21 vacancies in the official recruitment notification. SSC will release the SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment vacancies on the official website at a later stage. Check the steps to download the SSC JE vacancies below:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the tab ‘Candidate’s Corner’ and then on ‘Tentative Vacancy’ (refer to the image below).
- – 3rd Step: A new page opens. Click on the link ‘JE’. (Refer to the image below)
- – 4th Step: Click on the SSC JE 2020 vacancy list link available on the page. (link to be activated)
- – 5th Step: The detailed SSC JE vacancy list will be displayed, go through the details and download it for future reference.
SSC JE Salary
Candidates selected as Junior Engineer will be eligible for SSC JE Salary as per the pay scale of Rs. 35400/- to 112400/- (Level 6 in Pay Matrix). As per the official notification, the pay scale is the same for all the posts under the SSC JE recruitment. Apart from the basic pay, candidates will also be eligible for various allowances & other perks.
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they meet the SSC JE eligibility criteria as set by the officials. Check the SSC Junior Engineer Eligibility Criteria from below:
SSC JE Eligibility – Nationality/ Citizenship
A candidate should be either:
- a) a citizen of India, or
- b) a subject of Nepal, or
- c) a subject of Bhutan, or
- d) a Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Note: Candidates belonging to categories b, c, d, and e above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
SSC JE Age limit
The upper age limit for candidates is 30 to 32 years. For several posts, it is 30 years and for a few others, it is 32 years. Check the post-wise age limit criteria as on January 01, 2021 from the table below:
|Organisation & Post||Age Limit|
|Border Road Organization – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Central Water and Power Research Station – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval) – JE (Electrical/ Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Farakka Barrage Project – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Military Engineer Services (MES) -JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO) – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD) – JE (Civil/ Electrical)||Up to 32 years|
|Central Water Commission – JE (Civil/ Mechanical)||Up to 32 years|
Note: The upper age limit criteria is relaxed for canddiates belonging to certain reserved categories. Check the SSC JE age relaxation criteria from below:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age.|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years (or)|
8 years (SC/ ST)
SSC JE Educational Qualification
SSC has released different eligibility criteria for different posts. Check post-wise educational qualification from the table below:
Border Roads Organization – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
- – Degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute
- – Three years Diploma in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute/ Board and
- – Two years working experience in Planning/ Execution/ Maintenance of Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering works.
CPWD – JE (Civil/ Electrical)
- – Diploma in Civil/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute
Central Water Power Research Station – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
- – Diploma in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Institute
Central Water Commission – JE (Civil/ Mechanical)
- – Degree or Diploma in Civil/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Institution.
Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval) – (Mechanical/ Electrical)
- – Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering from a recognised institute
- – Three years Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Institution and,
- – Two years experience in the respective field
Farakka Barrage Project – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
- – Diploma in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute or Board
Military Engineering Services (MES) – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
- – Degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
- – Three years Diploma in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Institute or University or Board and
- – Two years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering works.
National Technical Research Organization (NTRO) – JE (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
- – Diploma in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
How To Apply For SSC JE Exam?
SSC JE Application Process consists of three stages namely, ‘Online Registration’, ‘Filling of Application Form’, and ‘Fee Payment’. Check the steps to apply online for SSC JE 2020 from below:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission- ssc.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the ‘Register Now‘ link.
- – 3rd Step: Enter your basic details such as ‘Name’, ‘Mobile Number’, ‘Email ID’, ‘Date of Birth’, and other necessary details. Submit the details.
- – 4th Step: A ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’ will be generated and the same will be sent to the registered Mobile Number and Email ID. Note down the “Registration ID” and “Password”.
Filling of Application Form
- – 5th Step: Enter the “Registration ID” and “Password” to log in to the SSC JE application. Change your password after your first Login.
- – 6th Step: Fill in your ‘Personal’, ‘Educational’ and ‘Contact’ details.
- – 7th Step: Upload your recent ‘Photograph’ and ‘Signature’.
- – 8th Step: Preview the application form and edit the details if necessary. No changes will be allowed once the application form is submitted.
- – 9th Step: An OTP will be sent to the Registered Mobile Number and Email ID. Verify the OTP and click on the “Submit” button to submit the application form.
- – 10th Step: Proceed to pay by clicking on the “Payment” option. Choose the fee payment option. Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at the SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- – 11th Step: Once the fee payment is successful, take a few printouts of the filled application form for future reference.
Scanned Photograph & Signature Details
|Photograph||20 KB to 50 KB (File Size)||JPEG Format|
|Signature||10 to 20 KB (File Size)||JPEG Format|
SSC JE Application Fee
Candidates will have to pay the SSC JE application fee to complete the application process. The application fee is non-refundable. Check the fee details from below:
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ ESM & Female Candidates||Nil|
|All others||Rs. 100/-|
- Application fees for SSC JE can be paid online as well as offline.
- Applicants can pay the fee online through SBI Net Banking or through Debit Cards/Credit Cards of any other banks.
- The fee can also be paid offline through SBI Challan.
- For offline payment candidates must take a print out of the Challan generated online after completion of the application part and deposit the requisite fee in designated branches of SBI.
SSC JE Syllabus
SSC JE Syllabus covered for Paper 1 & Paper 2 have variations and an indicative syllabus is released along with the SSC JE official notification. The SSC JE Paper 1 Syllabus has the following sections:
- – General Intelligence & Reasoning
- – General Awareness
- – General Engineering (Civil & Structural, Electrical & Mechanical)
The General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Awareness section are common for all candidates belonging to any engineering branch. Whereas, the General Engineering section has a separate syllabus for different Engineering streams. Check the detailed syllabus from the link given below.
SSC JE Selection Process & Exam Pattern
SSC JE 2020 has a two-stage selection procedure- Tier I (Paper 1) and Tier II (Paper 2). Tier I is a Computer Based Objective Test while Tier II is an Offline Written Descriptive Test. Applicants need to clear Tier I in order to appear for Tier II. The SSC JE Exam Pattern for both the stages are as under:
SSC JE Exam Pattern For Tier 1
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|Part A- General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or |
Part B- General Engineering (Electrical) Or
Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical)
- – The total time duration to complete the test is 2 hours
- – The questions are objective type (Multiple Choice Questions)
- – Each correct answer will be awarded one mark
- – For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total score
SSC JE Exam Pattern For Tier 2
|Section||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Part A- General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part B- General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical)||300||Composite Time Duration of 3 Hours|
- – A total composite time duration of 3 hours has been allocated to complete the test.
- – The test is descriptive in nature (pen & paper based)
- – No negative marking for Paper 2 (descriptive Paper)
SSC JE Admit Card
SSC JE Hall Ticket will be released on the official website of SSC i.e ssc.nic.in. Applicants are advised to download SSC JE Admit Card as soon as it is out to avoid any last-minute technical snag. SSC JE 2020 Hall Ticket will be available online and no offline copy for the same will be delivered to applicants via post or by any other means.
SSC JE 2019 -20 Paper 1 Hall Ticket is likely to be released in the month of October for the exam which begins on October 27. Candidates will have to enter their ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Date of Birth’ to download SSC JE admit card.
SSC JE Cutoff
Candidates will have to meet the SSC JE cutoff scores to qualify and stand eligible to appear for the next exam. SSC will release SSC JE Cutoff Scores for each stage of exam. SSC releases the SSC JE qualifying cutoff along with the SSC JE notification. Check SSC JE Tier 1 & Tier 2 qualifying cutoff from below:
SSC JE Result
SSC releases the Junior Engineer result for each exam stage separately on the official website. The SSC JE 2020 Result is released as PDF in form of a merit list. The merit list consists of the list of shortlisted candidates for the next stage of exam. Meanwhile, officials also release the SSC JE scorecard. Candidates will have to login using their ‘Registration Number’/ ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ to download the SSC JE Result.
SSC JE Notification 2020-21 – Important Links
Check the SSC JE Notification PDF and online registration links from the table below:
|SSC JE 2020-21 Notification PDF||Click Here|
|SSC JE 2020-21 Registration Link||Click Here|
FAQs On SSC Junior Engineer Exam
Some of the FAQs related to SSC JE Exam are as under:
A. Candidates can apply online for SSC JE 2020-21 notification from October 01 to 30, 2020.
A. SSC JE 2020-21 exam is scheduled for March 22 to 25, 2021
A: The SSC Junior Engineer 2019-20 Paper 1 exam is scheduled from October 27 to 30, 2020. Whereas the SSC JE 2020-21 Paper 1 exam will be conducted from March 22 to 25, 2021.
A: SSC JE 2019-20 Paper 1 exam is scheduled from October 27 to 30 and the admit card can be expected by October 2nd week. Keep visiting this page as we will update as soon as the admit card is released.
A: The max-age limit varies as per department. For Junior Engineer posts, it varies from 30 to 32. For more information read this article.
A: To apply for SSC JE a candidate must have a B.Tech or BE or a diploma in Engineering in relevant trade.
Now you know all the relevant details about SSC JE 2020 Notification. Know that getting selected in SSC JE exam is not going to be easy. Therefore, prepare smart and practice as much as you can. Refer to SSC JE Syllabus and plan your studies accordingly. Also, take SSC JE Mock Tests as it will help you in understanding the General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Awareness Section better.
We hope this article on SSC JE 2020 Notification helps you. If you have any queries related to SSC JE Notification, do drop down your comments below and we will get back to you.832 Views