SSC JHT 2020 Notification: Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC Junior Hindi Translator Paper 1 & 2 exam dates on the official website. As per the new SSC exam calendar, SSC JHT Paper 1 exam is scheduled on November 19, 2020. Whereas SSC JHT 2020 Paper 2 exam will be conducted on February 14, 2021. As the exam dates are now announced, SSC JHT Paper 1 admit card 2020 can be expected to release by November 1st week.
SSC had released the Junior Hindi Translator recruitment notification on June 29. A total of around 283 vacancies are released for the posts of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, and Senior Hindi Translator. In this article we have provided all the relevant information on SSC JHT such as eligibility criteria, application process, pattern, syllabus, admit card and more. Go through the article to get the complete details.
|September 22, 2020: SSC JHT Paper 1 & 2 exam dates announced in the new SSC Exam Calendar. |
July 21, 2020: SSC JHT Paper 1 exam has been rescheduled. As per the revised exam date, the exam will be conducted on November 19, 2020. Click Here to read the official notice.
June 29, 2020: SSC JHT 2020 recruitment notification released. Click Here to read the official notice.
June 24, 2020: SSC has released the SSC JHT 2018 Final Result on the official website. Read More
June 16, 2020: SSC JHT 2019 Paper 2 result released. Read More
June 01, 2020: SSC Revised Exam Calendar has been released. Read more
SSC JHT 2020 Notification
Before getting into the details, let’s have an overview of SSC JHT 2020 exam from the table below:
|Exam Name||SSC JHT|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Posts||Junior Hindi Translator, Senior Translator, Junior Translator|
|Selection Process||Paper 1, Paper 2, and Document Verification|
|Mode of Exam||Paper 1 – Computer Based Examination|
Paper 2 – Pen-Paper Based Examination
SSC JHT 2020 Exam Dates
Here are the important dates for the SSC JHT 2020 recruitment:
|Events||SSC JHT Dates|
|Start of Online Application||June 29, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||July 25, 2020 (11:30 pm)|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||July 27, 2020 (11:30 pm)|
|Challan Download Last Date (Offline Payment)||July 29, 2020 (11:30 pm)|
|Offline Fee Payment Last Date||July 31, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||November 1st Week, 2020 (Tentative)|
|SSC JHT Paper-I Exam||November 19, 2020|
|SSC JHT 2020 Paper-II Exam||February 14, 2021|
SSC JHT Vacancies
A total of around 283 vacancies are released. The vacancies are tentative and any change in it will be notified on the official website. Check the post-wise vacancy details below:
|Junior Translator/ Junior Hindi Translator||275|
|Senior Hindi Translator||8|
In case of any change in the vacancies at a later stage, SSC will be releasing a notification on the official website. Candidates can also check the vacancies for SSC JHT by following the steps given below:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the tab ‘Candidate’s Corner’ and then on ‘Tentative Vacancy’ (refer to the image below).
- – 3rd Step: A new page will open. Click on the ‘JHT’ tab (refer to the image below).
- – 4th Step: Click on the relevant link and open the file.
- – 5th Step: The vacancy list will open as PDF. Download the PDF for future reference.
SSC JHT Posts & Code
The post-wise details for SSC JHT recruitment are tabulated below:
|Post Code||Name of the Post & Department|
|Code A||Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS)|
|Code B||Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)|
|Code C||Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ)|
|Code D||Junior Translator (JT)/Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/ JHT|
|Code E||Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices|
SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The SSC JHT eligibility criteria are as under:
Candidates must satisfy any one of the following nationality criteria to be eligible to apply for SSC JHT 2020 Exam:
- – A Citizen of India, or
- – A Subject of Nepal, or
- – A Subject of Bhutan, or
- – A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- – A Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that these candidates, except Indian citizens, produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India at the time of appointment.
Age Limit: 18 to 30 years as on January 01, 2021
There is relaxation in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories:
|Category||Relaxation In Upper Age Limit|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|J&K Candidates||5 years|
|Disabled Defence Personnel||3 years|
|Disabled Defence Personnel (SC/ ST)||8 years|
- – J&K Candidates: Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989.
- – Disabled Defence Personnel: Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
SSC JHT Educational Qualification 2020
The post-wise educational qualification required for Junior Hindi Translator, Junor Translator, and Senior Hindi Translator are tabulated below:
|For the Post Junior Translator (JT)/ Junior Hindi Translator (JHT)|
|A Master degree from a government-approved University and Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa from a recognized institute or two years’ experience in Hindi to English translation and vice-versa in Central or State Government Office, including Government of India Undertaken organizations|
|For the Post Senior Hindi Translator (SHT)|
|Postgraduation from a government-approved University and Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and vice versa or three years’ experience in Hindi to English translation and vice versa in Central or State Government Office, including Government of India Undertaken organizations.|
SSC JHT Salary 2020
The posts under SSC JHT and their salaries are as under:
|Junior Translator & Junior Hindi Translator (Code A, B, C & D)||Level-6 (Rs 35,400 to 1,12,400)|
|Senior Hindi Translator (Code E)||Level-7 (Rs 44,900- 1,42,400)|
SSC JHT Selection Process 2020
The selection process of SSC JHT has 3 stages namely:
- – SSC JHT Paper-I,
- – SSC JHT Paper-II,
- – Document Verification
Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the Paper-I and Paper-II. Candidates who clear the Paper 1, will be called for Paper-2 exam, thereafter, candidates will be called for Document Verification.
The final selection and allocation in Ministries/ Departments will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in Paper-I & Paper-II and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
How To Apply For SSC JHT 2020?
SSC JHT application form is filled and submitted through online mode. The application process consists of three basic stages namely, ‘Registration’, filling of ‘Application Form’, and ‘Fee Payment’. Before applying, candidates must also be ready with some pre-requisites such as:
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Aadhaar Number/ Voter ID/ PAN/ Passport/ Driving License/ School or College ID/ Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private)
- Information about the Board, Roll Number, and Year of Passing the Matriculation Examination.
- Scanned Colour passport size recent photo in JPEG format (Size = 20KB to 50KB).
- Scanned Signature in JPEG format (Size = 10KB to 20KB).
- Disability Certificate Number (if applicable)
Note: The date on which the photograph has been taken should be printed on the photograph.
Steps To Apply For SSC JHT 2020
The process to apply online for SSC JHT are given below:
– Visit the official website and click on the ‘Register Now’ link under the login window.
– Enter your basic details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, etc.
– Enter your address, contact details, and other details such as category, nationality, identification mark, information about benchmark disabilities, etc.
– Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature.
– Submit the details, and verify the OTP received on the mobile number and email.
– A unique ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ will be generated. Remember and save it for future login.
- Fill SSC JHT Application Form
– Log in using the ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’.
– The application form will consist of sections such as personal information, category details, post preference, educational qualifications, work experience, contact details, and document uploads.
– Several details will be auto-filled as per the details mentioned during registration. Fill all other details and recheck them.
– Click on the ‘I Agree’ checkbox to complete the declaration and submit the details.
- Fee Payment
– Click on the fee payment link and choose the mode of fee payment.
– If paying through online mode choose the preferred option, fill in the required details, and complete the transaction.
– If paying through offline mode, download the challan and pay the fee at an SBI branch as per the bank timings.
– Take printouts of the filled SSC JHT Application Form for future reference.
SSC JHT Application Fee 2020
Check the SSC JHT fee payment details from the table below:
|Application Fees||Rs 100|
|Mode of payment||Online and Offline|
|Online||BHIM UPI, Net Banking, VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card|
|Offline||By generating Challan and paying the fees at the SBI branches.|
Note: Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disability (PwD) and Ex-Servicemen (ESM) candidates will not have to pay the SSC JHT application fee.
SSC JHT 2020 Exam Pattern
There are two exams that a candidate needs to clear: Paper-I and Paper-II. Here is the SSC JHT exam pattern for both the papers.
SSC JHT Paper-I Exam Pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||200 Marks|
SSC JHT Paper-II Exam Pattern:
|Translation and Essay||200|
SSC JHT Exam Pattern – Key Points
|Duration of Paper-I and Paper-II||2 hours|
|Language of Question Paper||Hindi and English|
|Mode of Paper-I Exam||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Type of Questions in Paper-I||Objective Type|
|Negative Marking in Paper-I||0.25 Marks|
|Mode of Paper-II Exam||Descriptive Type: Pen-Paper (Offline)|
|Type of Questions in Paper-II||Conventional Type (Descriptive)|
SSC JHT Syllabus
The syllabus for SSC JHT varies for Paper 1 & 2. The exams are conducted to check the candidates’ knowledge, competence, and grasp over Hindi and English language. SSC JHT Paper 1 & Paper 2 syllabus topics are mentioned below.
Paper-I (Computer Based Examination): The questions will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of the languages and literature, correct use of words, idioms & phrases, and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively. The questions will be of degree level.
Paper-II: Translation and Essay: This paper will contain two passages for the translation. One passage for translation from Hindi to English and the other passage from English to Hindi. An Essay each in Hindi and English will be given. This is to test the candidate’s translation skills and their ability to write as well as comprehend the two languages correctly, precisely and effectively. The level of the paper will be consistent with the educational qualifications prescribed.
SSC JHT Preparation Books 2020
Check the list of recommended books for SSC JHT 2020 preparation from the table below:
|Name of Books||Author||Publishers|
|Idioms, Phrases & Proverbs with Hindi Meanings||H S Bhatia||Ramesh Publishing House|
|Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran aur Rachna (Hindi)||Dr Vashudevnandan Prasad||Bharti Bhawan Publisher & Distributors|
|General Hindi and Concise Grammar – An Indispensable Guide for all Competitive Exams||Dr Brij Kishore Prasad Singh||Unicorn Books|
SSC JHT Admit Card 2020
After the application process is completed, SSC will release the list of roll numbers of candidates who are successfully registered. This list will be provided at least two weeks before the exam. Then the Admission Certificate (commonly known as Admit Card) will be released. It will consist of details like name, registration number, paper type, category, name, and address of the exam center.
SSC JHT Admit Card Release Date 2020: SSC JHT Admit Card will generally be released at least 3 to 7 days before the exam. In accordance with the exam date, SSC JHT hall ticket is likely to release by October 1st week. Only registered candidates will be able to download the SSC JHT Admit Card 2020 from the regional websites of SSC. They need to enter their registration number and date of birth in order to download the admit card. SSC JHT Hall Ticket will be available for download until the date of the examination.
Steps To Download SSC JHT Admit Card 2020
The steps to download admit card are as follows:
- – 1st Step: Visit the regional SSC regional website.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the SSC JHT admit card link.
- – 3rd Step: Enter your ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Date of Birth’.
- – 4th Step: Submit the details. The admit card will appear on the screen.
- – 5th Step: Go through the details and take a few printouts for future reference.
Documents Required Along With SSC JHT Admit Card
Apart from SSC JHT Admit Card, there are some other documents that candidates need to carry to the exam hall:
- Original Photo ID such as Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, ID Cards issued by Government or other Offices where the candidates may be working.
- Three passport size photographs for fixing at the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate in the presence of Invigilator.
Note: It is advised that you bring the same photograph as that uploaded in the application form. Also, keep at least 10 copies of the photograph until the entire examination process is completed as it may be required later.
SSC JHT Exam Centre 2020
The name and address of the SSC JHT Exam Center will be mentioned on the admit card. The list of exam center cities is given below:
|SSC JHT Exam Center Cities||SSC Region||States/ UTs|
|Lucknow, Meerut, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Bhagalpur, Patna, Purnea, Agra, Bareilly, Kanpur||Central Region (CR)||Bihar and Uttar Pradesh|
|Kolkata, Port Blair, Bhubaneshwar, Ranchi, Gangtok||Eastern Region (ER)||West Bengal, Jharkhand, Odisha, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Sikkim|
|Bengaluru, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram||Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)||Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala|
|Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Raipur, Bilaspur, Durg-Bhilai, Jabalpur||Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)||Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh|
|Guwahati (Dispur), Shillong, Agartala||North Eastern Region (NER)||Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura.|
|Delhi, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar, Udaipur, Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee||Northern Region (NR)||Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand|
|Chandigarh/ Mohali, Hamirpur, Jammu, Jalandhar, Shimla, Patiala||North Western Sub-Region (NWR)||Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab|
|Hyderabad, Chennai, Vijayawada||Southern Region (SR)||Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana|
|Panaji, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Rajkot, Nashik||Western Region (WR)||Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra|
SSC JHT Result 2020
SSC JHT Result 2020 PDF is released on the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in. The result is released separately for Paper 1 and Paper 2. The SSC JHT result date is yet to be confirmed. However, the result is expected by January 2021. Go through the steps to check your result on the official website.
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website and click on the ‘Result’ link on the home page
- – 2nd Step: The result page will open. Click on the ‘JHT’ tab.
- – 3rd Step: The list of result links will be displayed. Click on the relevant result PDF link to open.
- – 4th Step: The result PDF will be displayed. Search for your ‘Roll Number’ and ‘Name’ in the list. Download the result for future reference
Apart from the results, candidates will also be able to download the SSC JHT Answer Key for the same. The cutoff for Paper 1, Paper 2, and final cutoff will also be released along with the announcement of the respective JHT Result.
SSC JHT Cutoff 2020
SSC JHT Cutoff will also be released along with the result. The cutoff score is decided by the officials based on various factors such as vacancies to be filled, candidate’s performance, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, etc.
The SSC JHT cutoff is the minimum marks that candidates need to score in order to qualify for the exam. Hence, it is essential that your SSC JHT preparation is up to the mark. Candidates can check the previous exam cutoff from below.
SSC JHT 2018-19 Cutoff for Paper-I
|Category||Candidate Available||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 200)|
SSC JHT 2018-19 Cutoff for Paper-I & II
|Category||Candidate Available||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 400)|
*In addition to the number of UR candidates shown above, 21-SC, 4-ST and 131-OBC, 2-OH and 1-VH candidates also met the cut-off fixed for UR category.
FAQs Related To Staff Selection Commission JHT
Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers:
A. The SSC JHT Notification has been released on June 29, 2020
A. SSC JHT Paper 1 exam will be conducted on November 19, 2020.
A. SSC JHT Paper 2 exam will be conducted on February 14, 2021
A. The salary of Junior Hindi Translator & Junior Translator is Rs 35,400 to 1,12,400 while the salary of a Senior Hindi Translator is Rs 44,900- 1,42,400.
A. There are 3 stages that a candidate has to clear in order to get selected: Paper-I, Paper-II, and Document Verification
A4. Yes, there is a normalization of marks because the exam is held in multiple sessions.
A. SSC JHT Application Fee is Rs 100. However, women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD/ ESM categories need not pay the application fee.
A. Last year, 15,573 candidates applied for the SSC JHT exam out of which only 2,041 candidates managed to qualify the Paper 1.
We have now provided you with all the relevant details on SSC Junior Hindi Translator Recruitment 2020. As the SSC JHT recruitment notification is out and the exam dates are declared, this is the time for you to start your SSC JHT 2020 preparation. Check the SSC JHT syllabus and pattern to start preparing for the exam. You can also take free SSC JHT Mock Tests on Embibe. Not only SSC JHT, but Embibe also has mock tests for other SSC exams such as:
|CGL Mock Tests,||CHSL Mock Tests,|
|CPO Mock Tests,||GD Constable Mock Tests,|
|JE Mock Tests||MTS Mock Tests,|
|SSC Steno Mock Tests||Delhi Police Constable Mock Tests|
Taking these tests will help you a lot to improve your conceptual knowledge and test-taking skills. So, go ahead and take the tests for free!
We hope this article on SSC JHT 2020 has helped you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.240 Views