TANGEDCO Recruitment Notification 2020: The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, Tamilnadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) have invited applications for the posts of Field Assistant (Trainee). A total of 2,900 vacancies are released and the application process has started on 24th March 2020 in the online mode.
The last date to fill the TANGEDCO Recruitment application was 23rd April 2020. It is advisable to complete the application process well within time to avoid any last-minute rush. Candidates must ensure the correctness of the information provided by them and will also have to upload all the necessary documents as per the prescribed format. To know more, go through the detailed information provided in this article.
TANGEDCO Recruitment 2020
Before getting into the details of the TNEB TANGEDCO Recruitment, let’s have an overview of the TANGEDCO Recruitment 2020:
|Name of the Organization||Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO)|
|Parent Organization||Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Limited (TNEB)|
|Name of the Posts||Field Assistant (Trainee)|
|Job Location||Tamil Nadu|
TANGEDCO 2020 Important Dates
Let’s have a look at the important dates for various posts in TANGEDCO Recruitment:
|TANGEDCO Important Dates for Field Assistant (Trainee) Recruitment 2020|
|Release of Notification||19th March 2020|
|Opening of Online Portal for Submission of Applications||24th March 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Applications/Uploading Documents/Online Payment||23rd April 2020|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee through Canara Bank/Indian Bank/Indian Overseas Bank (Challan Payment)||28th April 2020|
|Date and Time of Physical Test||To be Notified|
|Date and Time of Written Exam||To be Notified|
TANGEDCO Recruitment Pay Scale 2020
Field Assistant (Trainee) – Level 2 of workmen pay matrix (i.e., Rs. 18,800 – 59,900)
TANGEDCO Vacancy Details
A total of 2900 vacancies are released for various posts. Check the category-wise vacancies from the table below:
|S.No||Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
TANGEDCO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates will first have to check the TANGEDCO eligibility criteria before applying for the TANGEDCO Recruitment 2020. Check the eligibility criteria for each of the posts:
|TANGEDCO Eligibility Criteria for Field Assistant (Trainee)|
|Category||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|SC, SC(A), ST and Destitute Widows of all castes.||18 Years||35 Years|
|MBC/DC, BCO,BCM||18 Years||32 Years|
|‘Others’ [i.e Candidates not belonging to SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BC and BCMs]||18 Years||30 Years|
Differently-Abled Persons: Differently Abled Persons are eligible for age concession of up to 10 years.
- The maximum age limit is 53 Years for the Applicants who belong to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs.
- The maximum age limit is 48 years for “others” (i.e.) Applicants not belonging to any of the above-said categories.
- The above concession will not apply to the Applicants those who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
Educational Qualification: ITI (National Trade certificate/National Apprenticeship certificate) in Electrician (OR) Wireman (OR) Electrical Trade under Centre of Excellence Scheme.
Knowledge in Tamil: Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil.
TANGEDCO Recruitment 2020: Prerequisites
Candidates will need to take care of the following before applying for the TANGEDCO Recruitment 2020:
- Provisional/Degree Certificate.
- Priority Certificates for – Ex-Servicemen, Disabled Ex-Servicemen, Dependent of Ex-Servicemen killed/Disabled in action, Destitute widow, Dependents of serving personnel, Inter-caste marriage, Repatriate (Country), Member of the family whose lands acquired by the Government, Dependents of freedom fighter, Retrenched.
- Differently Abled Certificate – To avail special category reservation.
- Studied Prescribed Qualification in Tamil Medium.
- Scanned image of photograph, signature and thumb impression in JPEG format only.
- Scanned copy of Community Certificate of the candidates belonging to BCO, BCM, MBC/DC, SC, SCA, ST. (Not applicable to OC candidates) in PDF format only.
How To Apply For TANGEDCO Recruitment 2020?
The TANGEDCO application process is completely online. Candidates can follow the below-provided steps to apply online.
- 1st Step: Visit the official website – tangedco.gov.in.
- 2nd Step: Now scroll down and click on the “Direct Recruitment TANGEDCO” under Apply Online.
- 3rd Step: Click on the name of the post for which you want to apply. A new page will open. Then click the link to apply online. Next, click on the “Register Now” button.
- 4th Step: Fill in the details like Name, Father’s Name, Gender, Address, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc. and select the choices of the examination/test centre.
- 5th Step: After filling all the details click on the “Register” button.
- 6th Step: Now click “View Application” button to view the application and take a print out of the same for future references.
- 7th Step: Next upload the documents and pay the application fee (either by online or offline mode).
- 8th Step: The final step is checking the status of the payment. The candidate can check the status of the payment, i.e. whether the payment has been received by TANGEDCO from the bank or not.
TANGEDCO Examination Fee 2020
The category-wise TANGEDCO application fee is as under:
|OC, BCO, BCM and MBC/DC||1000/-|
|SC, SCA and ST||500/-|
|Destitute widow and Differently abled persons||500/-|
Mode of Fee Payment:
- Candidates can make payments through Bank Chalan, Net Banking, Payment Gateway and Debit/Credit card.
- For the mode of payment through challan, the candidates have to select either Canara Bank or Indian Bank or Indian Overseas Bank.
- On Clicking the “Download Challan” option. The system will generate the payment challan which the candidates need to take a print out and go to the nearest branch of Indian bank or Canara bank to make the payment.
- After collecting the TANGEDCO copy of the fee payment challan, candidates must check that Bank reference No, TANGEDCO acknowledgement number, Bank Branch Code, Deposit Date and whether it is properly signed by the branch authorities.
- Candidates must also pay the GST/service charges as applicable to the bank.
- The Examination Fees will not be reimbursed to the Applicant on account of any reason.
- The TANGEDCO will not be liable for any failure in the transaction at the time of payment of fees.
- Payment of fees in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc, will not be accepted and the fee will not ordinarily be refunded.
TANGEDCO Field Assistant Exam Pattern
Number of Questions/Marks
Part I – General Tamil and General English
2 Hours/120 Minutes
Part II – Aptitude & Mental Ability Test
Part III – Subject Oriented
- The question paper will be of Objective type in the ITI level and it will be in English as well as in Tamil.
- Candidates can use blue or black ink Ball Point Pen only.
- Answer sheet will be invalidated if shaded in Pencil.
- Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.
- Multiple shading will be considered as the wrong answer.
TANGEDCO Exam Centres 2020
Candidates will have to choose an exam centre while filling up the TANGEDCO application form. The centre for physical test and examination will be updated in the TANGEDCO website and will be informed to the candidates in their registered mail id.
Rejection of TANGEDCO Application
The candidature application may be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment process:
- If the application is received after closing date (whatsoever the reason).
- If the candidate does not have the essential qualification and age.
- If Photograph, signature and Thumb impression are not uploaded in the application form in the prescribed format.
- If the photocopies of all related documents are not uploaded.
- If a candidate fraudulently claim SC/SCA/ST/BCO/BCM/MBC/DC/Exs./DW/ Differently Abled persons/Priority status.
- In case the candidate is found using unfair means or adopting any malpractice at any stage of the selection process
We have now provided you with all the details on TANGEDCO Recruitment 2020. Candidates must apply for the posts well within the time rather than wait for the last moment. Then they must start their TANGEDCO Preparation. Candidates can take the free bank mock test series of Embibe as the syllabus is almost the same for certain sections. These tests will help you to strengthen your conceptual and test-taking skills.
We hope this detailed article on TANGEDCO Recruitment helps you. If you have any question feel free to post your comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.1333 Views