TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu, has set some basic eligibility criteria for the candidates who wish for admission based on TNEA 2021. Sustaining the eligibility conditions for TNEA is necessary to maintain equality amongst the candidates getting admission.
The TNEA 2021 eligibility criteria will contain multiple factors to make the candidate eligible including, qualifying examination, score in the qualifying exam, age criteria and more. The eligibility of the candidate is verified through the document verification process. Candidates can check the TNEA eligibility criteria 2021 in detail, including all the factors of the same and what after sustaining the eligibility conditions.
TNEA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who sustain the eligibility criteria of TNEA 2021 will be permitted to fill the application form as per the schedule. The TNEA 2021 application form is available for a specific period. The claims made in the application form are verified during the certificate verification on the prescribed date. Thus candidates must know the schedule regarding the application form fill up and the document verification. Check the table below in order to get aware of the TNEA event schedule.
TNEA Event Calendar 2021
|Start date of online registration||July 26, 2021|
|Last date of online registration||August 24, 2021|
|Issue of TNEA Random Number||August 25, 2021|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Know in Detail
Candidates are required to fulfil the TNEA 2021 eligibility criteria in order to get admission through TNEA. Check the eligibility criteria and certificate to be produced along for claiming the reservation and the basic eligibility required for appearing in TNEA.
TNEA 2021 – Domicile
- Candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. from schools situated in Tamil Nadu – No nativity certificate required to be produced
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu native who have passed from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu – These candidates are required to produce their original nativity certificate
- Wards of Central Government Employees of Tamil Nadu in service for the past 5 years – Candidates are to produce a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian at the time of document verification at TFC.
- Wards of employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu for a period of past five years
- Candidates are to produce a certificate from the employer stating that the person is a Permanent Employee and is working in Tamil Nadu from a minimum period of five years.
- Such candidates are also required to produce the evidence of working like Income Tax return, PF Slips, etc. along with the certificate.
- Children of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers – These candidates will have to produce a declaration from the parent regarding the same.
- Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. in Tamil Nadu – These candidates are not required to produce any nativity certificate
TNEA Qualifying examination
Candidates must have passed the 10+2 level examination or its equivalent with a minimum.
The qualifying score in the compulsory subjects.
TNEA compulsory subjects
The compulsory subjects to be studied for TNEA eligibility is Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Candidates who have studied any one of these engineering subjects such as mathematics, physics and chemistry must have studied any vocational subject related to B.E. or B.Tech degree.
TNEA Minimum score in the qualifying exam
Candidates must maintain an aggregate score in the qualifying exam, a score below this score for the respective category will make the candidate ineligible. The qualifying score is mentioned as under
- General – 45%
- Backward class including backward class Muslim – 40%
- MBC & DNC – 40%
- SC/ SCA/ ST – 40%
TNEA Application Form 2021
Interested candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria must proceed further in filling the TNEA application form. The application form for TNEA is available over the official website of Anna University (annauniv.edu). Candidates must fill the application form before the last date in an online mode. Filling the application form will include multiple steps. Candidates can scroll below to know the steps included in the TNEA application form fillup in brief.
- Filling personal information
- Filling reservation information (if any)
- Payment of prescribed application fee
- Filling all details in the form (including scholarship information, academic details and additional information)
- Print the confirmation page
Documents Required to check TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates will make multiple claims to avail the reservation for TNEA. Also, different information is provided to depict that they are eligible to take part in TNEA 2021. This information is verified by the officials during the certificate verification process. All the candidates are required to produce a set of documents to mark themselves eligible. The list of documents needed during the TNEA document verification is mentioned below.
- Print out of the TNEA application form 2021
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Qualifying exam admit card
- Social category certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- If claiming special reservation, relevant documents for the reservation are to be produced
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2021.461 Views