TNEA Rank List 2020: Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE), Tamil Nadu has released the TNEA 2020 rank list on September 28 at tneaonline.org. Candidates can check the TNEA rank list 2020 by logging in to their candidate portal using their registered email ID and password. Please note that the Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) does not conduct any exam for screening the candidates. Candidates are selected based on the marks they acquired in Class 12th.
Please note that the marks secured by the candidates in the prescribed subjects of the qualifying exam have been reduced to the base of 200 (Mathematics: 100 and Physics + Chemistry: 100) in order to prepare the rank list of TNEA 2020. The authorities will be using the normalization method for preparing the rank list and will be sorting an inter-se-merit if there is a tie between two or more candidates. It should be noted that the authorities will release separate category-wise and overall rank list of TNEA 2020. Continue reading this article to know more.
To Check TNEA 2020 Rank List/ Merit List – Click here
TNEA Rank List 2020
|Rank List||Download Link|
|Academic – General||Click Here|
|Academic – Differently Abled||Click Here|
|Academic – Ex Servicemen||Click Here|
|Vocational – General||Click Here|
|Vocational – Differently Abled||Click Here|
|Vocational Ex Servicemen||Click Here|
|Sports – Academic and Vocational||Click Here|
TNEA Rank List 2020 – Overview
Before we get into the details of TNEA 2020 rank list, let’s take a quick overview of the exam.
|Name||TNEA Counselling Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
|Name of Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE)|
|Number of Participating Institutes||Approximately 563|
|Admission Process||Marks obtained from 10+2|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
TNEA Rank List 2020: Important Dates
In this section, we will provide you with the important dates of the events related to the TNEA 2020.
|Issue of Random Number||August 26, 2020|
|Commencement of Certificate Verification at all other TFC’s for sport quota||August 26 to September 1, 2020|
|TNEA Rank List 2020 Announcement||September 28, 2020|
|Online Counselling for BE/BTECH admission||October 8 to 27, 2020|
|Special Category Counselling||October 1 to 5, 2020|
How To Check TNEA Rank list 2020?
By following the below-mentioned steps, you will be able to check your TNEA 2020 rank list:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website at tneaonline.org or click on the direct link here.
- – 2nd Step: Enter your registered email id and password which you have chosen at the time of the registration process.
- – 3rd Step: Click login after filling in the required details.
- – 4th Step: Select the TNEA Rank list/rank card option and the rank list PDF will get displayed on your screen.
- – 5th Step: Look for your name in the generated list and download it. You can take a printout of the rank list and secure it for future references.
Important Points Regarding The TNEA Rank List 2020
Candidates should note the following points about the TNEA 2020 rank list.
- The rank list released by Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) will only be considered for the admissions in Tamil Nadu.
- Only the names of the candidates who have applied for the registration through the official website will be mentioned on the rank list.
- The rank list is prepared by Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) after normalizing the marks scored by the students in their class 12th.
- Other factors also influence the rank list such as caste, reservation criteria, categories, marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and optional subjects of Biology and Computer Sciences.
- Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) has declared the rank list in the online mode which means candidates must log in to their accounts and find out if they appear in the list.
- Successful candidates who will make it to the rank list will also receive a call letter prior to the counselling by post.
- The seats are filled by the colleges in the order of the ranks in the merit/rank list.
Normalization Process of TNEA Rank List 2020
As mentioned earlier, TNEA 2020 Rank list is prepared on the basis of the marks from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of Class 12th. The marks from these subjects are reduced to a base of 200 (Physics + Chemistry = 100 and Mathematics = 100). As per this, the average marks from Physics and Chemistry are merged to the weightage of 100.
Followed by equalization, the normalization process begins to eliminate any variations between boards or authorities in Tamil Nadu State. Depending on the difficulty level of the board, Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) will normalize the marks.
TNEA Rank list 2020: Inter-se Merit Situation
Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) prepares the Rank list in the order of priority in case of a tie between two or more candidates. For example, the people with the following factors will be given priority compared to others:
- Candidates with higher marks in Mathematics
- Candidates with higher marks in Physics
- Candidate with higher marks from an optional subject (if any)
- Candidates with a higher random number
- Candidate with the earliest Date of birth
Previous Year TNEA Rank List – 2019
Here, we have provided the previous year TNEA rank list so that the candidates can use it for their reference.
|Sports Kota||Click here|
|Differently Abled||Click here|
TNEA Counselling 2020
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their TNEA rank list who will further be called to participate in the TNEA counselling process 2020. Candidates will have to select their preferred choices of colleges and courses amongst all the participating institutes during the counselling process. Final seat allotment will be done based on the rank list, availability of seats and preferences set by the candidates. The result of the final seat allotment will be released on the official website. Selected candidates will have to report the allotted institutes for payment of admission fee.
Now that you are provided with all the required information, make sure to download the rank list released by the officials at the earliest. The Class 12th exams play a very important role in deciding your future and we would advise you to spend this limited time between now and the exam on the preparation. You will have to score well in your Class 12th in order to get a seat during the TNEA Counselling process especially in science and mathematics subjects.
We wish this article on TNEA Rank List 2020 helps you during the admission procedure. If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to drop a comment below in the comment section and we will get back to you as soon as possible.1886 Views