TNEA Rank List 2019: TNEA 2019 merit list has been declared on 20th June 2019 by Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) on its official website. An approximate of 563 colleges are participating in the Counselling process of TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) 2019. TNEA 2019 rank list prepared by Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) is considered by all the participating colleges in B.E/B.Tech programmes. Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) does not conduct any exam for screening the candidates. Candidates are selected based on the marks they acquired in Class 12th.
TNDTE Rank List 2019: Latest updates
- – TNEA 2019 Rank List has been declared today i.e., June 20 on tneaonline.in. Login using your email id and password to check your name in the merit list.
- Random Number and certificate verification schedule have been sent to the candidates through SMS on their registered mobile number.
- Candidates can check the above by even signing in on the official website.
- Around 1.33 lakh students registered for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) 2019 and out of which 1.04 lakh candidates took part in the certificate verification process.
The TNEA rank list is prepared by Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) during the counseling procedure for those who have registered and filled in the application form successfully on the official website. Candidates must stay active during the entire TNEA Counselling process to verify their names from the rank list as soon as it is released. In this article, we have mentioned all the steps to check your name in TNEA Rank list 2019 along with the instructions to follow. Read on to find more.
TNEA Rank list 2019
|Name||TNEA Counselling Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
|Name of Conducting authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE)|
|Number of Participating Institutes||Approximately 563|
|Admission Process||Marks obtained from 10+2|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Rank list publication||June 20, 2019|
Points to remember regarding TNEA Rank list 2019:
- The rank list released by Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) is the only thing that will be considered for the admissions in Tamil Nadu.
- Only the names of the candidates who applied for TNEA 2019 through the official website will be mentioned on the TNEA rank list.
- The rank list is prepared by Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) after normalizing the marks attained by students in their class 12th.
- Other factors also influence the TNEA Rank list such as caste, reservation criteria, categories, marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and optional subjects of Biology and Computer Sciences.
- Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) has declared the rank list in the online mode which means candidates must log in to their accounts and find out if they appear in the list.
- Successful candidates from the TNEA Rank list will also receive a call letter prior to the counselling by post.
- The seats are filled by the colleges in the order of the ranks in the merit/rank list.
How to check TNEA Rank list 2019
Now let us take a look at the steps involved in checking the Rank list from below:
Step 1: Visit the official website link by clicking here at tneaonline.in.
Step 2: Enter the email id and password, which you generated it during the TNEA registration process.
Step 3: Click login after filling in the details required.
Step 4: The TNEA Rank list /rank card will be displayed on your screen.
Step 5: Look for your name in the generated list and download it.
Step 6: Take a printout of the rank list and secure it for future references.
Normalization Process of TNEA Rank List 2019
As mentioned earlier, TNEA Rank list is prepared on the basis of the marks from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of Class 12th. The marks from these subjects are reduced to a base of 200 (Physics+ Chemistry=100 and Mathematics=100). According to this, the average marks from Physics and Chemistry are merged to the weightage of 100.
Followed by equalization, the normalization process begins to eliminate any variations between boards or authorities in Tamil Nadu State. Depending on the difficulty level of the board, Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) will normalize the marks.
TNEA Rank list 2019: Inter-se Merit Situation
Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) prepares the Rank list in the order of priority in case of a tie between two or more candidates. For example, the people with the following factors will be given priority compared to others:
1.Candidates with higher marks in Mathematics
2.Candidates with higher marks in Physics
3. Candidate with higher marks from an optional subject (if any)
4.Candidates with a higher random number
5.Candidate with the earliest Date of birth.
We wish this article on TNEA Rank List 2019 helps you during the admission procedure. If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to drop a comment below in the comment section and we will get back to you as soon as possible3834 Views