TNEA Reservation Criteria 2021- Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE), Tamil Nadu has released the TNEA 2021 reservation criteria for admission based on Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA). DoTE provides reservations to the different category candidates. Also, TNEA reservation criteria 2021 holds a place for candidates who are disabled. Along with the category and disability reservations, candidates can avail of some special reservations for admission through TNEA 2021. This year 440 institutes are included in TNEA counselling and total available seats are 151870.
Candidates are required to produce supporting documents to claim the mentions in the application form. The certificated from the relevant authorities are checked before providing the reservation to the candidates. Check here complete details on the reservation criteria of TNEA 2021 including reservation based on category, reservation based on disability, special reservations and more.
Latest – TNEA 2021 Rank List Released!
TNEA 2021 Reservation Criteria based on Category
Directorate of Technical Education reserves a part of the total seat intake for different category candidates. The total intake through TNEA is divided into seven categories. The table below depicts the TNEA reservation criteria for all the categories
TNEA Reservation based on categories
|Open competition (OC)||31%|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.50%|
|Backward class Muslim (BCM)||3.50%|
|Most backward class and Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC)||20%|
|Scheduled caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled caste – Arunthathiyars (SCA)||3%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
Candidates claiming seat under any category are required to produce supporting certificates
TNEA Special Reservation Criteria 2021
The Directorate of Technical Education has set some special categories for reservation. In order to claim the special reservation, candidates are required to pay Rs. 100 for every claim. Candidates claiming the special reservation are also required to sustain the TNEA eligibility conditions. In order to claim special reservation, candidates must have a native of Tamil Nadu state only. Check the table below to know the details on special reservation criteria.
TNEA Special Reservation Criteria
|Category||Seats in Universities and University Colleges||Seats in Govt and Govt aided Colleges||Seats in Self-financed Colleges|
|Children of Ex-servicemen||8||34||108|
|Children of Freedom Fighters||2||2||6|
|Orthopaedically Differently abled person||1% of Total seats||1% of Total seats||1% of Total seats|
|Visually Impaired||1% of Total seats||1% of Total seats||1% of Total seats|
|Hearing Impaired||1% of Total seats||1% of Total seats||1% of Total seats|
Also, other than the above criteria candidates can also attain TNEA reservation criteria under special category of the sports person. Check here the reservation for sports person
- Seats in Universities and University Colleges – 12
- Seats in Govt and Govt aided Colleges and Seats in Self-financed Colleges – 488
TNEA Reservation Criteria Eligibility Norms for Differently Abled Persons
Candidates claiming for reservation against the disability are eligible to claim the reservation based on certain norms. Check the eligibility norms below to claim the TNEA reservation 2021.
Norms for Orthopaedic Disability – Candidates having a permanent physical impairment of 40 % and above are considered as disabled. Candidates having orthopaedic disability of the following types differently abled person category are eligible for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission.
- Independent in the ambulance with or without callipers but without walking aids
- Good Standing Balance without callipers but without any support
- Hand Function with normal limit without any aid
- Good control over bladder & bowel
- The disease must be non-progressive
Norms for Visual Impairment – Candidates with low vision of 40% and above are considered as a visually impaired person. A person with Low vision refers to a person with impairment of vision of less than 6/18 to 6/60 with correction in the better eye or impairment of field in the following categories
- Reduction of areas less than 50 degrees
- Hemianopia with macular involvement
- Attitudinal defect involving lower fields categories of Visual Disability all with correction
Candidates with one eye with normal vision are not considered as disabled
Norms for Hearing Impairment – Candidates with the hearing ability of 40 DB and above only in the better ear with a speech discrimination score of 50 % and above are marked as eligible to claim the special category reservation
Key Highlights on TNEA Reservation Criteria 2021
In order to claim any reservation as mentioned in the TNEA 2021 reservation criteria, candidates are required to know some basic points included in the reservation criteria of TNEA 2021.
- Only the candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu will be eligible for communal and special reservation as mentioned in the TNEA 2021 reservation criteria
- Only the communal certificate from Tamil Nadu state is considered as eligible to get the communal reservation.
- Candidates claiming under “Sons & Daughters of Ex-serviceman” category should produce the certificate in the format from an officer of the Department of Ex-servicemen’s Welfare of Tamil Nadu along with discharge certificate and Ex-Servicemen ID card of their parent.
- Candidates claiming admission against reservation for any disabilities are required to produce a certificate from a recognised Medical Board that must have at least three doctors
- Candidates claiming reservation under the sports person category are required to produce the original sports certificates along with appropriate forms at the event of document verification
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on TNEA Reservation Criteria 2021.359 Views