UG Engineering Entrance Exams 2019: India is known as one of the top countries producing Engineers in various sectors. Currently, being the most popular specialization, engineering is pursued by a large number of students on various levels. Each year, almost 60 UG Engineering Entrance Exams are conducted in India. The purpose of these exams is to test the knowledge and skills students possess and to provide them admissions into colleges as per the same.
Engineering Entrance exams are divided into different levels like UG, PG, and Diploma. For attempting the exam of each level, students must qualify the eligibility which includes their previous score, background, age etc. Also, some of these exams shortlist students and allocate them suitable colleges as per their score or counselling performance.
List of UG Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
|Name of the Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|JEE Main||Feb 8, 2019, to March 07, 2019||April 07, 2019 to April 12, 2019|
|BITSAT||January 04 to March 20, 2019||May 16 to May 26, 2019|
|VITEEE||October 28, 2018 to Feb 28, 2019||April 10 to April 21, 2019|
|WBJEE||Dec 26 2018 to Jan 25, 2019||May 26, 2019|
|MHT CET||January 01 to March 23, 2019||May 02 to May 13, 2019 (tentative)|
|KCET||Feb 1 to Feb 28, 2019||April 23 & April 24, 2019|
|AP EAMCET||February 26 to March 27, 2019||April 20 to April 22, 2019|
|UPSEE||January 23 to March 15, 2019||April 21, 2019|
|KIITEE||Nov 16, 2018 to March 25, 2019||April 15, 2019 to April 24, 2019 (tentative)|
|SRMJEEE||October 27, 2018 to March 31, 2019||April 15, 2019 to April 25, 2019|
|ITSAT (ATIT)||Till December 17, 2018 for Phase I
Till March 25, 2019 for Phase II
|Phase I- December 27 to December 29, 2018
Phase II- April 04 to April 07, 2019
Offline- April 21, 2019 (Sunday)
|Amity JEE||Last Date to Apply Feb 21, 2019||April 08 to May 05, 2019|
|SMIT Offline Test||Dec 06, 2018 to April 15, 2019||April 28, 2019|
|GUJCET||Jan 25, 2019 to Feb 16, 2019||April 23, 2019|
|KEAM||February 03 to Feb 28, 2019||April 22, 2019 & April 23, 2019|
|JEECE||April 16, 2019||May 26, 2019|
|VTUEEE||October 2018 to January 2019||Phase I-
CBT- Dec 29 & Dec 30, 2018
PPT- January 26 & 27, 2019
VTUEEE PPT/ CBT- April 25 to April 28, 2019
|UNI-GAUGE-E||January 16, 2019 to Feb 05, 2019||May 12th, 2019|
|TS PGECET||March 13, to April 30, 2019||May 28 to May 31, 2019|
|KLUEEE||Sep 05, 2018 to April 10, 2019||April 20, 2019 Written Test
April 26, 2019 to April 30, 2019 (Online)
|CGPET||April 2019||May 02nd, 2019|
|GCET||March 2019||May 2019|
|ASSAM CEE||March 2019||April 29, 2019|
|GEEE||Nov 30, 2018||June 15, 2019|
|TJEE||January 01 to February 10, 2019||April 24, 2019 (Physics and Chemistry)
April 25, 2019 (Mathematics)
|JKCET||February 01 to Feb 28, 2019||April 28, 2019|
|HITSEEE||December 05, 2018 to March 18, 2019 (Downloading the application form)
April 08, 2019 (Last date of offline form submission)
|Chennai- April 28 to May 02, 2019
Other centres- April 28 to April 29, 2019
|HPCET||March 2019||May 12, 2019|
|KEE||October 08, 2018 to April 07, 2019||April 27, 2019|
|TMISAT||January 06 to April 28, 2019 (Early processing application)
May 31, 2019 (TMISAT 2019 Last date of application)
|April 30 to May 6 & 6, 2019|
|Alliance AUEET||October 28, 2018 to March 31, 2019||April to May, 2019|
|CUEE||Nov 01st week, 2018 to Feb 2nd week, 2019||March 31, 2019|
|AJEE||Last Day May 30, 2019||May 07 to May 30, 2019|
|NPAT||April 29, 2019 Last Date||May 11 and 12, 2019|
|JLEE||April 2019 To May 2019||June 2019|
|AP ECET||Feb 18 to March 23, 2019||April 19, 2019|
|TS ECET||March to May 2019 (With and Without Late Fee)||May 2019|
|MET||October 10, 2018 to March 15, 2019||May 2019|
|COMEDK UGET||January 16 to Apri 19, 2019||May 12, 2019|
|SBAIEE||Aug 17, 2018 (Online)
September 06, 2018 (Offline)
|April 12 to April 28, 2019|
|KRLMPCA CET||March||May 2019|
UG Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JEE –Joint Entrance Examination is divided into two levels, JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main requires at least 75% in 10+2 and provides admissions to the qualified students into tier-2 or tier-3 colleges. On the other hand, students who qualify JEE Advanced with a good score become eligible for tier-1 colleges like IITs or NITs. JEE Main 2019 is conducted into two shifts since 2019. The exam mode is also updated as the Online mode.
- BITSAT- Birla Institute of Technology and Science admission test (BITSAT) is organized each year for admission to UG courses into 3 branches of BITS located in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. It’s an online exam that has negative marking as well. The cut-off of this exam is generally high so a high-level preparation is required for this as compared to other entrance exams.
- VITEEE- Each year, Vellore Institute of Technology University conducts Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE). There is a total of 3 active branches in India. These branches are commonly known as VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, and VIT Amravati. Apart from it, VIT Bhopal branch is still under construction. To be eligible for this exam, it is mandatory to score at least 60% with PCM Background in 10+2.
- WBJEE- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is controlled by the West Bengal state government. Each year, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board conducts this exam for admissions after 10+2. It is mandatory to have a pure science or mathematics background in 10+2 to be eligible to appear for this examination. It can be attempted by anyone in India but only colleges from West Bengal will accept the score for the admissions.
- MHT CET- MHT-CET, also known as Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test is controlled by the Government of Maharashtra. State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai will conduct this examination annually to provide engineering and pharmacy admissions to the students in any college of Maharashtra. The mode of this test is Offline. Once a student qualifies MHT-CET examination, authorities call the student for MHT-CET counselling. After the counselling process, board allocates institutes to the students.
- KCET- Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by the Karnataka Examination authority each year. The purpose of this examination is to provide admissions to engineering, pharmacy, dentistry, pharmacy, and agriculture courses. A qualified student with good rank gets admission into some top colleges in Karnataka.
- AP EAMCET- AP EAMCET also known as Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agricultural and Medical common entrance test is organised by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada each year. Controlling body of this examination is the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). The mode of the examination is online. This examination is an entrance door to get admitted into top institutes of Andhra Pradesh.
- UPSEE – Uttar Pradesh- State Entrance Examination- (UPSEE) is conducted by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP each year. State Government of Uttar Pradesh is the controlling body for this examination. UPSEE provides admission into Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture and Management courses in the top institutions of Uttar Pradesh. The examination is divided into two papers and the syllabus of the exam is based on the syllabus covered by the Board of High School and Intermediate Education Uttar Pradesh, CBSE and ICS. UPSEE exam is conducted in offline mode and there is no negative marking for any wrong answer.
- KIITEE- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination (KIITEE) is conducted by the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology each year. Mode of this examination is online. To apply for the Under Graduate or Postgraduate courses, KIITEE application form is to be filled online. This exam is a gateway to admissions into courses like B.tech, B.Sc. in Nursing, M.Sc. Biotechnology or M.Sc. in Applied Microbiology and M.Sc. Nursing. Duration of this examination is of 3 hours.
- SRMJEE- SRMJEE also known as SRM Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by Sri Ramaswami Memorial University, Chennai every year. This examination is conducted for admission into B.Tech and M.Tech courses in four campuses of this university. The mode of this examination is online. It is mandatory to have the PCM background to be eligible for this examination.
- ITSAT- Icfai Tech School Admission Test (ITSAT) is conducted by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad, each year for admission in various engineering courses offered. ITSAT offers B.Tech admissions in its six campuses situated in Hyderabad, Dehradun, Jaipur, Jharkhand, Raipur, and Himachal Pradesh. ITSAT exam has both online and offline modes available to attempt the exam.
- AMITY JEE- Amity Joint Entrance Exam (Amity JEE) is conducted by Pearson VUE (for Amity) each year for B.Tech courses. Any student who qualifies the examination with the required rank gets admission into any one of the campuses of Amity University in India. Amity University offers various specializations for engineering students. Students should have successfully passed 10+2 with 60% marks with a PCM background.
- SMIT Offline Test- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Offline test is conducted by the Sikkim Manipal Institute (SMIT) each year for admission into B.Tech courses. Candidates having PCM as their background in 10+2 can apply for this exam. SMIT Offline Test scores are applicable for admissions in SMIT only.
- GUJCET- Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) is conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board each year for admission into various engineering colleges of Gujarat. It is necessary to score 45% in 10+2 to be eligible for the entrance exam. Also, candidates should be a bonafide resident of Gujarat. This exam makes a candidate eligible for the examination in various top institutes of Gujarat for engineering courses.
- KEAM- KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical) examination is conducted by the office of Commissioner of Entrance exams and controlled by the Government of Kerala. Mode of this exam is offline and scoring 50% with the PCM background in 10+2 is mandatory to sit for this exam. KEAM is divided into two categories for Non-Keralites. Both are known as NK-I and NK-II respectively according to which the eligibility criteria differ.
- JEECE- Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive examination (JEECE) is conducted by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) each year. Once a student qualifies the exam, board calls him/her for the counselling process. Common duration for the examination is 3 hours. The exam has a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer. Exam mode for JEECE is offline.
- VTUEEE- VTUEEE, also known as Vel tech Undergraduate Engineering entrance exam is conducted by the Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology each year for admission in UG engineering courses. To attempt VTUEEE, it is mandatory to have passed 10+2 with PCM background. The exam is conducted in two phases, where Phase I follows the traditional way of examination i.e. Pen and Paper-based and Phase II is online based.
- Uni-GAUGE-E- Uni-GAUGE-E is conducted by the ERA foundation each year for B.Tech admission in its participating institutes. ERA foundation is a UK based organization which has the purpose of supporting the education of engineers. In India, Uni-GAUGE-E eligibility requires 10+2 with PCM background from a certified institute or board in India. It is mandatory to score at least 45% in the qualifying examination and the minimum age should be 17 years. This foundation trains Uni-GAUGE-E engineers to be entrepreneurs. This exam is a computer-based test.
- JET- Jain Entrance Test (JET) is conducted by the Jain University each year for admissions into B.tech courses. The examination is available in both Online and Offline modes. In order to sit for this exam, it is mandatory for candidates to sore at least 60% with PCM background in 10+2. Duration of the exam is 150 minutes.
- KLUEEE- KL Engineering Entrance Exam (KLUEEE) is conducted by the Koneru Lakshamaiah Education Foundation each year for admission into UG engineering courses. The exam is conducted in both online and offline mode. After qualifying the entrance exam, students will have to attend KLUEEE counselling. Seat allotments are done as per the counselling.
- CG PET: Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Test (CG PET) is conducted by the Chhattisgarh Professional Examination board each year. The mode of this exam is offline. It is mandatory to have at least 45% in 10+2 with PCM background to be eligible for this exam. After qualifying the written test, candidates are called for the counselling process. Candidates who have qualified JEE Mains can also attempt the counselling process without attempting CG PET.
- GCET- Goa Common Examination Test (GCET or Goa CET) is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education Goa (DTE Goa) each year. This exam is a Pen and Paper based test with a time duration of 2 hours for each section i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It is mandatory to score 45% in 10+2 from a state government or central government certified school to be eligible for this examination. Purpose of this entrance examination is to provide admission to students into the top engineering institutions of Goa.
- Assam CEE- Assam CEE also known as Assam Common Entrance Examination is conducted by the Assam Science and Technology University each year for admission into top 5 engineering colleges of Assam. The controlling body for this exam is the Assam State Government. The exam is conducted offline and the duration of this exam is 3 hours. It is mandatory to score at least 50% in 10+2 with PCM Background to be eligible for this examination.
- GEEE- Galgotias University Engineering Entrance Examination also known as GEEE is conducted by the Galgotias University on an annual basis. It’s a pen and paper based examination with a time duration of 90 minutes. The entrance exam is conducted for 16 engineering programs. The minimum eligibility to attempt the exam is 50% with PCM background in 10+2.
- TJEE- Tripura Joint Entrance Exam is also known as TJEE is conducted in India on a state level by the Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE). It is mandatory to have PCM background in 10+2 with Tripura Board/CBSE or any recognized board. Mode of this examination is offline.
- JKCET- Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination is the conducting body of Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET). The mode of this exam is offline and the duration is 3 hours. It is mandatory to have 50% in 10+2 with PCM background to be eligible for the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test.
- HITSEEE- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Engineering Entrance Examination also known as HITSEEE is being conducted by Hindustan University. To be eligible for this examination, It is mandatory to score at least 50% as aggregate marks in 10+2 with the PCM background. The exam will be conducted into the online mode with a duration of 2 hours.
- HPCET- Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test also known as HPCET is being conducted by Himachal Pradesh Technical University each year. It’s a state level examination designed to provide admissions on graduation level for the engineering courses. Duration of the examination will be 3 hours while the mode will be offline.
- KEE- Karunya University Engineering Entrance Examination is being conducted by Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences each year. The purpose of this course is to provide admissions in UG engineering courses. It is mandatory to score at least 50% in 10+2 to be eligible for this examination.
- TMISAT- TMISAT is also known as Tolani Maritime Institute Science Aptitude Test. Each year Tolani Maritime Institute is conducting this examination on the national level for engineering admissions. The mode of this examination is online and it is mandatory to score 60% in 10+2 with PCM to be eligible for this exam.
- Alliance AUEET- Alliance University Engineering Entrance Exam is being conducted by Alliance University for UG engineering course admissions. With 45% marks from the PCM background in 10+2, one can be eligible for attempting this exam. Also, qualified students will go through the personal interview as well. The exam will be organized in both online and offline mode for the students.
- CUEE- Centurion University Entrance Examination (CUEE) is being conducted by Centurion University each year for B.tech exams. The mode of this examination is offline and the duration is 3 hours. It is mandatory to score at least 45% marks in 10+2 with the PCM background to be eligible for this examination.
- AJEE- AISECT entrance exam is being conducted by AISECT group of universities on the annual basis. Online and Offline, both modes are available for this examination. Candidates who have finished their 10+2 with PCM background and 45% of the aggregate score are eligible for this examination. Duration of the examination will be 2 hours covering questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Also, there is no negative marking for this examination.
- NPAT- Also known as NMIMS Programs after Twelfth is an entrance exam for 10+2 pass out students with the PCM background. This exam provides access to various campuses of NMIMS in India. It is mandatory to score at least 60% with PCM in 10+2 to be eligible for this exam.
- JLEE- Assam Joint Lateral Engineering Entrance Exam is being conducted by Directorate of Technical Education for admissions into the 3rd year of B.Tech or B.E Courses in Assam. It is mandatory to score at least 45% in the qualifying examination to be eligible for this exam. Also, the candidate should be a permanent resident of Assam State. There are 6 Colleges who are currently accepting the admissions through JLEE; those colleges are Assam Engineering College Guwahati, Jorhat Engineering College Jorhat, Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology Jorhat, Bineswar Brahma Engineering College Kokrajhar, Girjananda Institute of Management and Technology Guwahati and Girjananda Institute of Management and Technology Tezpur.
- APECET- Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP ECET) is being conducted by JNTU Ananthapur each year for UG engineering course admissions. This test is being conducted for providing admissions through lateral entry in the 2nd year of B.E. or B.tech. It is mandatory to have a diploma in engineering courses from any certified board or organization to be eligible for this exam. Also, students with 3 years of B.Sc. are also eligible to apply for this exam.
- TS ECET- Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test is a computer-based test controlled by Telangana State Council Of Higher Education. JNT University Hyderabad is the conducting body for this exam. The purpose of this exam is to provide lateral entry admissions into 2nd year of B.E. or B.tech to Diploma holders or B.Sc. pass outs.
- MET- Manipal Academy of Higher Education accepts the engineering admissions through Manipal Entrance Test. MAHE conducts MET once in a year in online mode with 2.3 hours of the duration. It is necessary to score at least 50% with the PCM background in 10+2.
- COMEDK UGET- Also known as Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges Of Karnataka Under Graduate Test (COMEDK UGET) is being conducted once in a year for engineering admissions. It’s a state level examination which is designed to provide you with the access of top institutes in Karnataka. It is mandatory to score at least 45% in 10+2 with the PCM background to be eligible for this examination.
- SBAIEE- Sathyabama University All India Entrance Examination (SBAIEE) is being conducted once a year by Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology. Duration of this exam is 2.5 hours and scoring 60% is mandatory in 10+2 with PCM. It’s a computer Based Test and the questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions.
- KRLMPCA CET- Karnataka Religious and Linguistic Minority Professional Colleges Association Common Entrance Test is being conducted by KRLMPCA each year for UG admissions of engineering. The mode of the examination is offline and the duration is of 180 minutes. To attempt this exam, it is mandatory to score at least 45% in 10+2 exam with the PCM background.
In India, to get admission into a top engineering college, it is mandatory to crack UG Engineering Entrance Exams like JEE. But, there are also many other exams which can provide you with admission to a good engineering college. Also, to improve your score you can attempt JEE Main Mock Test Papers on Embibe.
Hopefully, our article on UG Engineering Entrance Exams was useful to you. In case, if you have any doubt or feedback, please share it below. Our experts will try to solve your query asap. Wish you all the very best for your career hunt.