UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2021: The Union Public Service Commission has released the official notification for Combined Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2021 on its official website: upsc.gov.in. The UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment notification is issued for the recruitment of Scientist B and Chemist in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines and in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources.
If you are going to apply for the exam, know all the details about UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination (CGGE) 2021 – Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus, and Exam Pattern from this article.
Latest update on UPSC CGGE examination 2020-21: The official UPSC Geo-Scientist notification PDF has been released on 7th October 2020. Apply online for the exam.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2021
All the important dates for the UPSC CGGE exam have been announced along with the official notification. You can check the dates for examinations, admit card, results, interview here:
|Release of Notification||7th October 2020|
|Beginning of Online Application||7th October 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Online Application Form||27th October 2020|
|Withdraw Online Application||04 October 2020 to 10 October 2020 till 6 PM|
|Release of Admit Card||Two-weeks before the exam|
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2021 (Prelims)||21st February 2020 (1 Day)|
|Declaration of Prelims Result||To be announced|
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2021 (Mains)||17th July 2021 (2 Days)|
|Interview||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be announced|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility criteria for UPSC Geo Scientist recruitment is provided in the official notification. The Combined GEO-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2021 eligibility criteria are:
1. Nationality: The Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan. A refugee from Tibet arrived in India before 1-1-1962 is also eligible to apply. Moreover, a person of Indian origin who migrated from the following countries to permanently settle in India are eligible to apply for the post:
|Malawi||United Republic of Tanzania|
Note: Except for Indian citizens, all the other candidates must possess the certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India in order to apply for UPSC Geo-Scientist recruitment 2021.
2. Age limit: The minimum age to apply for the post of Geologist Group A, Geophysicist Group A, Chemist Group is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as of 1st January 2021. For the post of Hydrogeologist, the minimum and maximum age limits are 21 and 35 respectively as on 1st January 2021.
Age relaxation is applied for reserved candidates as tabulated below:
|Government servants employed in Geological Survey of India or Central Ground Water Board||7 years|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Residents of Jammu and Kashmir during 1 st January, 1980 to 31 st December 1989||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen disabled during the service||3 years|
|Ex-servicemen with at least 5 years of service||Upto 5 years|
|People with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)||Upto 10 years|
3. Educational Qualifications
Educational qualifications are different for different posts. You can check the details of educational qualifications for UPSC CGGE exam 2021 here:
i) For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India – Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resources Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956).
ii) For Geophysicists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India – M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
iii) For Chemists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India – M.Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
ii) For Junior Hydrgeologists (Scientist B), Group ‘A’ in Central Ground Water Board –
(a) Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
(b) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
UPSC CGGE Application Process: How to Apply For UPSC Geo-Scient Recruitment?
The application process for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam (CGGE) is divided into two stages – Part 1 Registration and Part 2 Registration.
Follow these steps to start the registration process for UPSC CGEE Exam 2021:
- Go to the official website: upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”. A list of applications will open
- Click on “Click Here for PART I” against “COMBINED GEO-SCIENTIST (Preliminary) EXAMINATION”.
- Read the instructions and click on “Yes” to continue.
Part 1 Registration:
Step 1: After you click on ‘Part 1 Registration’, you will be prompted to read important instructions to fill the online application form. Click on “Yes / हां” to proceed.
Step 2: Fill in some personal information like Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Nationality, etc. Fill all those details with correct information and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: You will be asked if you want to claim age relaxation. If you are a reserved candidate eligible for age relaxation, select ‘Yes’ and proceed to the next step. Else, select ‘No’ and proceed.
Step 4: Select a photo ID card from the list. Enter the ID card number and then confirm again. Select the category of service you want to apply for and select the examination center, then click on ‘Continue’.
Step 5: A preview of your application form will appear. You have to click on ‘Update’ to make any changes if required. After that, enter the security code given in the image and click on the ‘I Agree’ button.
Step 6: Now that Part 1 Registration is complete, you can click on ‘Print Slip’ to take a print out of the current page. Now, click on ‘Print Application Part – I’ and take a printout of the application. You can proceed to the next stage of the application process by clicking on ‘Click here for Part – II Registration’.
Part 2 Registration:
Step 1: Log in to your account using the newly generated Registration ID and Date of Birth. You will also need to fill in the security code.
Step 2: Select your preferred examination center and click on ‘Submit’ to proceed.
Step 3: You need to scan your photo, signature, and ID card. After you scan and upload all those documents, click on the ‘Upload Image’ option.
Step 4: Preview the documents and if required, change or re-upload the documents. Then click on ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Enter your photo ID number and read the declaration. Click on the “I have read Declaration & Agree/ Finally Submit” button. After you click on that button, your application will be successfully submitted.
UPSC CGGE 2021 Selection Process
The UPSC CGGE 2021 exam will be conducted in three stages:
- – a. Stage I: Preliminary Exam (CBT, 400 Marks)
- – b. Stage II: Main Exam (Descriptive, 600 Marks)
- – c. Stage III: Interview/Personality Test (200 Marks)
Note: The Preliminary Exam will have 2 papers that will contain objective type questions and the Main Exam will consist of 3 papers with descriptive type questions.
Those candidates who clear the Prelims exam will be eligible for taking the Main exam. Based on the score of the Main exam, a list of candidates will be prepared who will face the final round of selection – Interview.
After the Interview is over, the final merit list will be declared by UPSC.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for UPSC CGGE is tabulated below:
|I||All Posts||General Studies||100|
|II||Geologist and Jr. Hydrogeologist||Geology/Hydrogeology||300|
Note: The time limit for each paper is 2 hours.
Important Points Regarding UPSC CGGE Recruitment 2021 Prelims Exam:
- UPSC CGGE prelim exam consists of 2 objective papers for each stream.
- Paper I will be common for all the posts.
- Paper II will have different subjects for candidates applying for different posts.
- All questions in the Preliminary exam will be objective type/MCQs.
- The question paper will be set in English only.
- There will be negative marking in the exam. For every incorrect answer, 0.33 marks will be deducted.
- There will be no penalty for any unanswered questions.
- Those who qualify in the Preliminary Exam will be called for the Main Exam.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Main Exam Pattern
|Total: 600 Marks|
|Total: 600 Marks|
|Total: 600 Marks|
|Total: 600 Marks|
Important Points Regarding UPSC CGGE Recruitment 2021 Main Exam:
- Main exam will consist of 3 conventional/descriptive type question papers for each stream.
- Papers must be answered in English only and the question paper will also be set in English only.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to appear for all three papers for the post they are applying for.
- Those who apply for both the Geologist and Hydrogeologist post will have to appear in all the papers of both posts.
- The use of non-programmable calculators will be allowed in the Main exam.
- Candidates scoring the minimum qualifying marks in the Main exam will be called to attend the Interview.
- Marks scored in the Main exam will be counted for final merit.
UPSC CGGE Admit Card 2021
Candidates who successfully apply for the UPSC CGGE recruitment 2021 will be able to download the admit card from the official website of UPSC. The admit card will be released one week prior to the examination date. Please note that separate admit cards will be released for Prelims, Main, and Interview.
Admit cards for UPSC Geo-Scientist 2021 will not be sent through the post. So, candidates are advised to download the admit card as soon as it is available on the website.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2021 Results
The results for the UPSC CGEE exam will be announced on the official website of UPSC once the exams are over. Keep visiting this page to get the latest updates on admit cards and results of UPSC CGEE.
We hope this detailed article on UPSC CGGE examination has helped you. If you have any queries or doubts regarding this exam or any other UPSC exam, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will be happy to assist you.621 Views