UPSEE Result 2020: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), exam authorities have conducted UPSEE 2020 exam on 20th September 2020. AKTU will declare the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam Result (UPSEE Result) 2020 in online mode on their official website. The result is expected to release in the mid of October (Tentatively). UPSEE result will be declared in the form of scorecard and merit list. The scorecard consists of the marks secured by the candidates and the merit list is drawn based on the marks scored. Candidates qualifying the exam can participate in the UPSEE counselling process.
UPSEE is supervised by the Uttar Pradesh Technical University formally known as Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University. This entrance exam is conducted for admission in undergraduate & postgraduate programmes in various field such as engineering, management, etc. In this article, we are providing complete information on UPSEE Result and Counselling Process.
UPSEE Result 2020
Before getting into the details of UPSEE Result 2020, let us have a look at the important dates:
|UPSEE 2020||September 20, 2020|
|Declaration of UPSEE Result||Mid-October 2020 (Tentatively)|
|UPSEE Counselling||October 2020 (Tentatively)|
How To Check UPSEE Result 2020?
In order to check the result, candidates can follow these simple steps:
- 1st Step: Visit the official website of UPSEE – upsee.nic.in.
- 2nd Step: On the homepage, click on “Download UPSEE 2020 Results”.
- 3rd Step: Enter your “Roll Number”, “Date of Birth” and the captcha code.
- 4th Step: Now click on the “Submit” button.
- 5th Step: The result will be displayed on the screen. Download and take a print out of the same for future references.
Details Mentioned On UPSEE Result 2020
The following details will be mentioned on the UPSEE 2020 Result:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Sub Category
- Rural Weightage
- Total Marks Obtained
How Is UPSEE Score Calculated?
Note the following:
- Each correct answer carries four marks.
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
- No marks will be deducted for the questions left unanswered.
- Nevertheless, “A record of incorrect answers given by a candidate will be kept separately”.
- All the questions asked in the UPSEE 2020 exam are objective type MCQs (multiple-choice questions).
- Only one of the options is the correct answer.
- Candidates who mark more than one answer for a question will not be awarded any marks for that question.
So, the marks secured by the candidates will be equal to = Number of correct answers X 4.
Tie-Breaking Criteria of UPSEE 2020
In case there is a tie between two or more candidates, the following tie-breaker will be followed:
- A candidate with a lesser number of incorrect answers will be ranked higher.
- In case the tie persists, the candidate with a higher score in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry will be given a higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, then a candidate who is older in age will be ranked higher in UPSEE 2020 Result.
- If none of the above works, then the rank will be allotted on the basis of the application number i.e., the lowest application number will be ranked higher in the merit list.
UPSEE Result: Reservation Of Seats
The reservation of seats for UPSEE 2020 will be divided into two sections – Vertical and Horizontal category. Candidates have to produce the required certificate at the time of counselling. The UPSEE reservation criteria is given below:
UPSEE Reservation for Vertical Category
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|ST from U.P.||02%|
|SC from U.P.||21%|
|OBCs from U.P.||27%|
UPSEE Reservation for Horizontal Category
The reservation of seats available for the subcategories of the respective category is tabulated below:
|Sub Category||Code||Total Seats (%)|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P||UPFF||02%|
|Handicapped candidates of U.P||UPHC||03%|
|Children of Defence Personnel of U.P. who either got killed or retired/ Defence Personnel Domicile of U.P. & transferred outside U.P.||UPAF||05%|
|Girls of U.P||UPGL||20%|
UPSEE Cutoff 2020
UPSEE Cut Off 2020 is the minimum marks which will be considered for admissions in UP Colleges affiliated to AKTU (Ar. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University). Only those candidates who meet the declared cutoff will be included in the merit list of UPSEE 2020. The authorities will prepare the cutoff after examining various factors of the UPSEE exam. Candidates can check out the previous years qualifying cutoff as 2020 cutoff has not yet been released.
UPSEE 2019 Qualifying Cutoff
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
What’s After UPSEE Result: UPSEE Counselling 2020
Candidates who clear the entrance examination will be eligible to participate in UPSEE Counselling 2020.
- The first step of counselling is Registration.
- Candidates must first register after which documents will be verified.
- Online choice filling and locking will be done by the candidates as per their preference.
- Seat allotment will be done as per the ranks secured, preference selected, and availability of seat.
- Overall four rounds of counselling along with spot rounds will be conducted by the UPSEE authorities.
Previous Year’s UPSEE Statistics
The UPSEE Result statistics for 2019 are as under:
|Particulars||UPSEE 2019 Statistics|
|Total Number of Registered Candidates||1,66,264|
|Number of Candidates Appeared for the Entrance Exam||1,50,145|
|Gender-wise Number of Qualified Candidates||Men – 96,762|
Women – 37,612
Transgender – 3
|Category-wise distribution of Qualified Candidates||General – 67,634|
OBC – 49,207
SC – 17,040
ST – 496
Previous Years’ UPSEE Toppers
The toppers list of UPSEE 2019, 2018, and 2017 are as below:
UPSEE 2019 Toppers
UPSEE 2018 Toppers
UPSEE 2017 Toppers
We hope this article on UPSEE Result 2020 helps you. All the very best to UPSEE aspirants! For any questions pertaining to UPSEE Result, feel free to ask in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.107 Views