Mitesh Puri gives a great answer on quora-
IBPS exam book are many, and a lot of people will give you ‘gyaan’ as to what to read and what to follow and stuff. But the common ones that are good are as follows:
Disclaimer: I am not associated with these books in any way. These are just useful information sourced by me.
- Word power made easy – The book is well known to improve English. This book has been written by Norman Lewis and has excellent preparatory material. Though it has a vast content and is quite big, you won’t really mind going through it if it is securing you a Sarakri Naukri in Government banks. Would you?
- Banking Awareness by Disha Publication – An excellent study material for aspirants who wish to crack bank exams. It is a complete guide to Indian banks. Trends, functions of various banks and their organizational structures are compiled in this book. It also contains the yearly budget and its positive as well as negative arguments. Also, each topic is duly followed by questions from earlier papers to give you an insight of these examinations and widen your perspective.
- IBPS CWE Bank Clerk Guide by Disha Experts – It has the contents clearly stated for an uncluttered preparation for bank exams. It also contains useful illustrations that increase learning and enhance retention. Solved examples are also provided. These are followed by exercises for your practice. Also, each chapter has a brief introduction in the beginning to give you an outlook of what you will learn in it. It covers all the topics of IBPS clerk exam, i.e. English, Data Interpretation, Reasoning, General Awareness, Computer knowledge and Numerical ability.
- India 2014 – A book that comes handy when General Knowledge scares you. It has all necessary facts and figures to help you during your preparation for bank exams. It also gives a detailed account of ongoing Government Schemes. Achievements, literacy rates of various states, GDP’s, inflation trends, geographical information, etc. are given very well in this book.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non – Verbal Reasoning by Dr. R.S. Aggarwal – This book contains amazing reasoning and aptitude questions with varying degrees of difficulty. Practicing questions from this book will help you achieve a better approach towards such questions, which usually tend to put candidates in a fix. Also, you will improve your timing.
After you have gone through all these books thoroughly, the next step will be about giving tests! So take embibe’s chapterwise test and see yourself improve from your first test itself! It’s absolutely free. Click below to start your practice today. Also, stay tuned for latest notifications in banking industry.6 Views