CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2021-22: Students who are preparing for the CBSE Class 10 board exam must be aware of CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science. The officials of CBSE design the academic CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for all subjects. Having a detailed knowledge of the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science will ensure students cover the entire syllabus without skipping any chapter or concept.
Due to the pandemic in the country, the officials had deleted the syllabus of Science Class 10 CBSE 2020-21 by up to 30% but for the present academic session 2021-22 it is revised back to 100%. Thus, in order to help you with that, in this article, we will provide you with the revised CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus. Also, students can download the new CBSE Science Syllabus Class 10 PDF from this article as we have provided the Science Class 10 Syllabus PDF. Read on to find out more.
Note that CBSE has revised the syllabus for Class 10 by 100% for year 2021-22. It means there is no reduction in the syllabus for present academic session.
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus: Marks Distribution
Before getting into the detailed CBSE Science Syllabus Class 10 , let us look at the units included in the syllabus along with the marks distribution:
CBSE Chapter-wise Marks Distribution Class 10 Science:
|Unit No & Name||Weightage|
|Unit 1 – Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour||25|
|Unit 2 – World of Living||23|
|Unit 3 – Natural Phenomena||12|
|Unit 4 – Effects of Current||13|
|Unit 5 – Natural Resources||07|
The CBSE board examination will be conducted for 80 marks and the remaining 20 marks are for Internal Assessment. Let us now look at the chapters and concepts under each unit of the CBSE Science Syllabus for Class 10.
CBSE Class 10 Chemistry Syllabus
CBSE Class 10 Science Reduced Syllabus for Chemistry is given below
Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
- Chemical Reactions: Chemical equation, Balanced chemical equation, implications of a balanced chemical equation, types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement, double displacement, precipitation, neutralization, oxidation, and reduction.
- Acids, Bases and Salts: Their definitions in terms of furnishing of H+ and OH– ions, General properties, examples, and uses, the concept of pH scale (Definition relating to logarithm not required), the importance of pH in everyday life; preparation and uses of Sodium Hydroxide, Bleaching powder, Baking soda, Washing soda and Plaster of Paris.
- Metals And Nonmetals: Properties of metals and non-metals; Reactivity series; Formation and properties of ionic compounds; Corrosion and its prevention.
- Carbon Compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon. Homologous series.
- Periodic Classification Of Elements: Need for classification, early attempts at classification of elements (Dobereiner’s Triads, Newland’s Law of Octaves, Mendeleev’s Periodic Table), Modern periodic table, gradation in properties, valency, atomic number, metallic and non-metallic properties.
CBSE Class 10 Biology Syllabus
CBSE Science Syllabus of Class 10 Biology is given below:
Unit II: World of Living
- Life Processes: ‘Living Being’. The basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport, and excretion in plants and animals.
- Reproduction: Reproduction in animals and plants (asexual and sexual) reproductive health-need and methods of family planning. Safe sex vs HIV/AIDS. Childbearing and women’s health.
- Heredity and Evolution: Heredity; Mendel’s contribution- Laws for inheritance of traits: Sex determination: brief introduction;
CBSE Class 10 Physics Syllabus
CBSE 10th Science Syllabus for Physics is given below:
Unit III: Natural Phenomena
- Reflection of light by curved surfaces; Images formed by spherical mirrors, center of curvature, principal axis, principal focus, focal length, mirror formula (Derivation not required), magnification.
- Refraction; Laws of refraction, refractive index. Refraction of light by the spherical lens; Image formed by spherical lenses; Lens formula (Derivation not required); Magnification. Power of a lens.
- Refraction of light through a prism, dispersion of light, scattering of light, applications in daily life.
Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Effects Of Current: Electric current, potential difference and electric current. Ohm’s law; Resistance, Resistivity, Factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Series combination of resistors, parallel combination of resistors and its applications in daily life. Heating effect of electric current and its applications in daily life. Electric power, Interrelation between P, V, I, and R.
- Magnetic Effects Of Current: Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current-carrying conductor, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on the current-carrying conductor, Fleming’s Left-Hand Rule, Electric Motor, Electromagnetic induction. The induced potential difference, Induced current. Fleming’s Right Hand Rule.
Syllabus Of Class 10 Science – Natural Resources
The NCERT Syllabus for Class 10 Science Natural Resources is as below:
- Our Environment: Eco-system, Environmental problems, Ozone depletion, waste production, and their solutions. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.
- Management Of Natural Resources: Conservation and judicious use of natural resources. Forest and wildlife; Coal and Petroleum conservation. Examples of people’s participation in the conservation of natural resources. Big dams: advantages and limitations; alternatives, if any. Water harvesting. Sustainability of natural resources.
Revised Syllabus Of Class 10 Science 2021-22
CBSE had reduced the Class 10 CBSE Science Syllabus by up to 30% for 2020-21 session. Here is the list of portions that are added in Science Revised Syllabus Class 10 are given below:
Added Syllabus of Class 10 Science:
Best Books For CBSE Class 10 Science
The CBSE recommends NCERT Books. Along with the release of the Class 10th Science Syllabus, the officials have also announced the list of prescribed books for Class 10 Science with publications:
|1||Science – Textbook for Class X – NCERT Publication|
|2||Assessment of Practical Skills in Science – Class X – CBSE Publication|
|3||Laboratory Manual- Science -Class X, NCERT Publication|
|4||Exemplar Problems Class X – NCERT Publication|
FAQs On CBSE Science Syllabus For Class 10 2021-22
The frequently asked questions on CBSE 10th Class Science Syllabus are given below:
|Q. What is the use of CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2021 Science?|
A. Science is one of the important subjects in Class 10 and it plays a crucial role in choosing the career stream at the higher secondary level. So, students who want to shine in the stream of Science must score high in Class 10 Science. For that, having a detailed knowledge of the Science Reduced Syllabus Class 10 is a must.
|Q. Is the syllabus of CBSE Class 10 Syllabus reduced?|
A. No, for the academic session 2021-22 the syllabus is revised back to 100% without any reduction.
|Q. What is the syllabus of Science Class 10th? |
A. CBSE Class 10 Science Revised Syllabus consists of 5 units in total and they are: Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour, World of Living, Natural Phenomena, Effects of Current and Natural Resources.
|Q. What are the main parts of Science Class 10th? |
A. CBSE Class 10 Science have Physics, Chemistry and Biology topics.
|Q. Where can I download NCERT Class 10 Science Book? |
A. Download Class X Science Textbook PDF from the given link NCERT Class 10 Science Book.
Now you have a clear idea about CBSE 10th Science Syllabus. At Embibe, you can solve CBSE Class 10 Science Practice Questions and take Class 10 Science Mock Tests for free which will help you in your preparation for the board exams.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science helps you in your preparation for the board examination. If you have any queries regarding this article on CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Science, drop your comments below and we will get back to you at the earliest.1590 Views