CBSE Class 11 Preparation: Class 11 and 12 are crucial years in the life of a student. However, with the newly found freedom that comes along with joining senior school, one tends to ignore their studies for a bit and enjoy life. Many students tend not to take Class 11 seriously until it is late. While enjoying life is important to stay happy and healthy, there should be a balance between studies and entertainment as these years will decide how your future is going to be.
Students aspiring to become engineers and doctors cannot afford to not take Class 11 seriously. The Class 11 syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology are included in the syllabus of popular engineering and medical entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, NEET, and AIIMS. In order to crack these highly competitive exams, one must take CBSE class 11 preparation seriously. In this article, we will give detailed information about CBSE Class 11 preparation, study plan and tips for PCMB.
CBSE Class 11 Preparation: Detailed Study Plan And Tips
Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology of Class 11 are quite different from what you have studied in your Class 10. The difference in the level of difficulty is vast. Not only scores of new chapters, concepts, and topics are added in Class 11 syllabus, but also every concept and topic are much more detailed. This means in order to score well, one needs to have a deeper knowledge. Also, compared to Class 10, Class 11 needs a lot more application of knowledge of theories, formulas, visualizations, etc. Questions asked in the exams are not direct anymore. So, one must prepare accordingly. Let us now see in details the CBSE Class 11 preparation plan for PCMB.
CBSE Class 11 Preparation: How To Study Class 11 Physics
Physics is a subject that has certain central theories and principles upon which the other theories are based. So, the CBSE Class 11 Physics syllabus must be finished with utmost seriousness. Otherwise, you won’t be able to understand anything of Class 12 Physics syllabus.
- Read the Class 11 NCERT textbook of Physics thoroughly. Understand the chapters properly – each and every single concept without skipping anything.
- Remember, you must be able to visualize the various mechanism, processes, experiments, etc. This is very important when it comes to Physics.
- Note down the important points for every chapter in a separate notebook – definitions, short descriptions, formulas, diagrams, equations, etc.
- Understand the steps to solve problems from the example problems.
- Solve practice questions at the end of the chapter. Mark difficult questions to revise/practice them later.
CBSE Class 11 Preparation: How To Study Class 11 Chemistry
There are three parts of CBSE Class 11 Chemistry syllabus – Physical Chemistry. Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry. Physical and Inorganic Chemistry are comparatively easier than Organic Chemistry which involves a lot of chemical reactions.
- Like Physics, for Chemistry too, refer to the NCERT Class 11 textbook. Understand each and every concept, topic, mechanism, process, reactions, etc.
- Chemistry needs one to remember a lot of formulas, reactions, equations, etc. So, as you study, jot down the equations, reactions and formulas.
- Write down the definitions of various terms, short descriptions of various processes, reactions, experiments, etc.
- Practice the reactions and equations regularly; otherwise, you will forget.
- Get an idea about how to solve problems from the example problems.
- Solve questions at the end of the chapter.
- Revise the theory, equations, reactions, and formulas regularly.
CBSE Class 11 Preparation: How To Study Class 11 Maths
Mathematics is an important subject for engineering aspirants. This subject needs one to remember a lot of formulas. However, remembering the formulas without understanding the theory behind them is not at all recommended.
- Refer to the NCERT books and understand the theory behind every concept and topic.
- Jot down the formulas for a chapter: understand them, what they mean, and practice their derivations.
- Remember the formulas by heart.
- Go through the solved problems to understand the steps to solve problems.
- Solve the questions at the end of the chapter. For Maths especially, the more you practice, the better you get. Also, with practice, you will discover and learn the various shortcuts and tricks to solve problems.
CBSE Class 11 Preparation: How To Study Class 11 Biology
Biology is important for medical aspirants. It is a theory based subject and needs one to remember a lot of diagrams, processes, scientific names, etc.
- Read the various concepts in details from the NCERT Class 11 Biology book.
- Write down the important terms, points, short descriptions, diagrams, flow charts, scientific names, etc. Go through them regularly so that you do not forget.
- Every time you finish a chapter, solve questions. Revise them regularly, both theory and the questions.
Important Points To Remember For CBSE Class 11 Preparation
During your CBSE Class 11 preparation, remember the following points:
- The Class 11 final exam will have mostly theories and less number of numerical questions. So, you have to prepare for that as well. Make notes of various definitions, short descriptions, experiments, etc. Basically, you must be able to write the theories for every single concept as well. Refer to previous year papers to get an idea about what kind of theoretical questions are usually asked and make notes of that.
- Side-by-side, you should solve numerical problems for every subject diligently. Entrance exams like JEE and NEET ask mostly numerical questions or application-based questions, i.e. application of your knowledge.
Embibe can be of great help in your CBSE Class 11 preparation as well as for JEE and NEET. Embibe provides descriptions, video links, and external links for all concepts in the syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology. The CBSE Class 11 study material, used with the NCERT textbooks of the respective subjects, can help you complete the entire CBSE Class 11 syllabus with maximum efficiency. Engineering and medical aspirants can also solve unlimited JEE practice questions and NEET practice questions on Embibe. Also, there are JEE mock tests and NEET mock tests on Embibe.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Class 11 preparation plan, helps you. If you have an query regarding CBSE Class 11 preparation, feel free to reach out to us through the comment section below and we will help you.422 Views