CBSE Class 12 Syllabus For Biology 2021: Students preparing for the Class 12 board exams must know the detailed CBSE Class 12 Syllabus For Biology as it will help them to score well in the examinations. Biology is the most practical, experimental and tangible branch of science. Some students might find it difficult, but with a better understanding of the topics and proper preparation, students can easily score more marks in Class 12 Biology. Students can refer to the CBSE syllabus to see if they have missed any chapter or concept.
For the previous academic session, the syllabus was reduced by 30%, but for the current academic session 2021-22, the CBSE Board has incorporated Biology Class 12 full syllabus into the curriculum. Having a clear knowledge of the Class 12 Biology syllabus will help students prepare for the NEET exam. The syllabus for NEET is the same as that of the CBSE syllabus of Class 12 and 11 PCB. This article will provide you with the detailed Class 12 Biology chapters for Biology for both theory and practical. Read on to view and download the revised Biology class 12 syllabus PDF for free.
👉 October 18: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) have released the CBSE 10th and 12th Date Sheet for Main subjects.
👉 October 21: CBSE has released the 10th and 12th Date Sheet for Minor subjects.
Practice Embibe’s Exclusive CBSE Term 1 Sample Papers Based on New Guidelines:
Here at Embibe, you can get the Free CBSE Revised MCQ Mock Test 2021 for all topics. The MCQ Test offered by Embibe is curated based on revised CBSE Class Books, paper patterns and syllabus for the year 2021. This mock test series has a comprehensive selection of relevant questions and their solutions. Candidates in CBSE Board can take these free mock tests to practise and find areas where they need to improve for their board exams.
New Update for CBSE Class 12 2021-22:
CBSE has changed the exam pattern and marking scheme for Class 12. For the 2021-22 academic session, the curriculum is divided into two terms – Term 1 and Term 2. This is done to ease the burden on students and teachers to complete the syllabus on time. Each term will cover half the syllabus and the Term 1 exam will be objective in nature, whereas the Term 2 exam will be objective + subjective in nature. Students can check the term-wise latest bifurcated syllabus on this page.
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus For Biology 2021 (Term-wise)
For 2021-22, CBSE will conduct two exams one for each term. The syllabus and exam pattern for both terms are different. Students can refer to the latest syllabus provided here to know about the term-wise division of the syllabus. However, before getting into the details of the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus/Biology Class 12 syllabus for 2021-22, let’s have an overview of the unit-wise marks distribution.
Now let us look into the list of chapters that are included in the Biology syllabus Class 12 for the academic year 2021-22 board exams. Along with the chapters, we have also provided CBSE Class 12 NCERT Solutions and Mock Test links for board exam preparation.
In the section below, we have provided the NCERT solutions for CBSE Class 12 Biology chapter-wise. Refer to these solutions and level-up your preparation.
- Chapter 1 – Reproduction in Organisms
- Chapter 2 – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Chapter 3 – Human Reproduction
- Chapter 4 – Reproductive Health
- Chapter 5 – Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Chapter 6 – Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Chapter 7 – Evolution
- Chapter 8 – Human Health and Disease
- Chapter 9 – Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Chapter 10 – Microbes in Human Welfare
- Chapter 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications
- Chapter 13 – Organisms and Populations
- Chapter 14 – Ecosystem
- Chapter 15 – Biodiversity and Conservation
- Chapter 16 – Environmental Issues
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus: Practical Exams
CBSE Grade 12 Biology Practical Syllabus/Bio syllabus Class 12 Practical is tabulated below:
List of Experiments for CBSE Class 12 Biology
Here is a complete list of experiments for CBSE Class 12 for Biology:
To further aid you in your studies, Embibe also provides free Class 12 Biology Mock Tests and Class 12 Biology Practice Questions. Solve as many questions as you can and take the chapter-wise mock tests when you feel confident about a chapter.
These questions are formulated in a way so as to prepare you for any difficulty level that might come your way now or in the future. The mock tests come with detailed analysis (if you unlock the Advanced Feedback Analysis) which pinpoints the areas where you are good at and where you need improvement.
List of Added Portion in CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus: Theory
|Chapter-1: Reproduction in Organism|
• Reproduction, a characteristic feature of all organisms for continuation of species; modes of reproduction – asexual and sexual reproduction; asexual reproduction – binary fission, sporulation, budding, gemmule formation, fragmentation; vegetative propagation in plants.
• Origin of life; biological evolution and evidence for biological evolution (palaeontology, comparative anatomy, embryology and molecular evidence); Darwin’s contribution, modern synthetic theory of evolution; mechanism of evolution – variation (mutation and recombination) and natural selection with examples, types of natural selection; Gene flow and genetic drift; Hardy – Weinberg’s principle; adaptive radiation; human evolution.
Chapter 9: Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
• Animal husbandry, Plant breeding, tissue culture, single-cell protein.
• Ecosystems: Patterns, components; productivity and decomposition; energy flow; pyramids of number, biomass, energy; nutrient cycles (carbon and phosphorous); ecological succession; ecological services – carbon fixation, pollination, seed dispersal, oxygen release (in brief).
Chapter 16: Environmental Issues
• Air pollution and its control; water pollution and its control; agrochemicals and their effects; solid waste management; radioactive waste management; greenhouse effect and climate change impact and mitigation; ozone layer depletion; deforestation; exemplifying case study as a success story addressing the environmental issue(s).
List of Added Portion in CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus: Practical
| A: List of Experiments|
1. Study the presence of suspended particulate matter in the air at two widely different sites.
2. Study the plant population density by the quadrat method.
3. Study the plant population frequency by the quadrat method.
B. Study/Observer of the following (spotting)
1. Pollen germination on stigma through a permanent slide or scanning electron micrograph.
2. Mendelian inheritance using seeds of different colours/sizes of any plant.
3. Controlled pollination – emasculation, tagging and bagging.
FAQs Regarding CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021-22
The frequently asked questions regarding CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus are given below:
Q. Has controlled pollination been deleted from Class 12 Biology Syllabus?
A. No, Controlled Pollination – emasculation, tagging, and bagging is not removed from CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus for the academic session 2021-22.
Q. Is there any change in CBSE 12th Syllabus 2021-22?
A. Yes, for the academic year 2021-22, the CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 to Class 12 has added the last year’s deleted syllabus and regained the curriculum to 100%.
Q. What is Chapter 11 in the 12th Biology Syllabus?
A. Biotechnology – Principles and Processes is the 11th Chapter in CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus.
Q. Do I get the NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology?
A. Yes, on this page we have given the complete NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology for all chapters.
Q. Do I get the Practice Test for Class 12 Biology for all chapters?
A. Yes, on this Embibe page we have given Mock Practice For Class 12 Biology for all chapters, so candidates can check their preparation for NEET and other Medical Entrance Tests.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Class 12 syllabus for Biology helps you. If you have any queries regarding CBSE Grade 12 syllabus for Biology, drop a comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.1654 Views