NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 18: The solutions for NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 – Body Fluids & Circulation – are provided in this article. Candidates looking for NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 can rely on the solutions provided below to prepare for their exams as they are provided by top Science experts of Embibe. We have provided a comprehensive explanation for each question from Body Fluids & Circulation chapter.
It is very important for students to understand the chapter, Body Fluids and Circulation to perform well in both Class 11 examinations and competitive exams like NEET. Also, students can download these NCERT solutions to study in the offline mode. So, check out the CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 18.
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 18: Body Fluids and Circulation
Let us take a look at the sections and subsections of this chapter:
|18.1.4||Coagulation of Blood|
|18.2||Lymph (Tissue Fluid)|
|18.3.1||Human Circulatory System|
|18.5||Regulation of Cardiac Activity|
|18.6||Disorders of Circulatory System|
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 18: Chapter Description
Vertebrates circulate blood in their body to transport essential substances to the cells. It also carries waste substances from there. Blood is a special connective tissue consisting of a fluid matrix, plasma, and formed elements. Another fluid, lymph (tissue fluid) is also used for the transport of certain substances. Red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets constitute the formed elements. Blood of humans is grouped into A, B, AB, and O systems based on the presence or absence of two surface antigens, A, B on the RBCs. All these things are covered in this chapter. Students will also learn about hypertension, coronary artery disease, angina, heart failure and coronary thrombosis.
Important topics: Blood, Circulatory system, Types of heart, Cardiac cycle, Blood vascular system.
Important Concepts: Blood Vascular system, Open circulatory system, Closed circulatory system, Human heart, Cardiovascular defects and tissue fluid.
How To Prepare For Class 11 Biology Body Fluids & Circulation
Once you have gone through the chapter from the NCERT textbook, try answering the exercise questions on your own. If you face any difficulty, refer to the solutions provided here. Once you feel confident about the chapter, you can take CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 mock test on Embibe. You can also solve Body Fluids and Circulation practice questions on Embibe. All these are available for free. So, make the best use of these resources and master the chapter. This is a low weightage chapter from which about 1 to 3 questions can be asked every year.
CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 – Important Questions
Some of the important questions from this chapter are as under:
|1 Mark Questions From Body Fluids and Circulation|
- Which of the four chambers of the human heart has the thickest muscular wall?
- What is RBC’s formed from in an adult human?
- What is the ECG technique?
- In which mammal, the RBC is nucleated?
- Name the double-layered membranous covering of the heart?
|2 Mark Questions From Body Fluids and Circulation|
- How is heart failure different from a heart attack?
- Why is closed circulatory system considered advantageous?
- What is the name of the straw-coloured fluid left after clotting of blood? How is it different from blood?
- Why is the swelling of feet of the leg caused when a person stands immobile for a long time?
- What is the average number of thrombocytes in blood? What is their function?
|3 Mark Questions From Body Fluids and Circulation|
- What is the cardiac cycle?
- Differentiate between the right ventricle and left ventricle?
- Write a note on “Regulation of cardiac activity”?
- Why does lymph contain much fewer proteins that the blood plasma? Name the two principal lymph vessels in humans.
- Differentiate between arteries and veins.
|5 Mark Questions From Body Fluids and Circulation|
- Describe the structure of the human heart.
- What is the lymphatic system? Discuss its importance.
- Explain double circulation with the help of a diagram.
|NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17||NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology||NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 19|
We have now provided you with the detailed NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 – Body Fluids and Circulation. We hope this detailed article helps you.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.530 Views