NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 PDF: In this article, we will provide you with detailed NCERT Solutions for 11th Biology Chapter 17– Breathing and Exchange of Gases. All the NCERT solutions provided here are solved by the top academicians and teachers at Embibe. Each and every question from Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 Breathing and Exchange of Gases keeping in mind the absorption ability of the students.
You can go through this article on CBSE NCERT solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 and download free PDF. With the help of these NCERT solutions, students can easily complete their assignments on time. It will also help in the quick, last-minute revision of the chapter for any test.
CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 PDF
Before getting into the detailed NCERT Solutions for Breathing and Exchange of Gases, let’s look at the topics and subtopics included in this chapter:
|17.1.1||Human Respiratory System|
|17.2||Mechanism of Breathing|
|17.2.1||Respiratory Volumes and Capacities|
|17.3||Exchange of Gases|
|17.4||Transport of Gases|
|17.4.1||Transport of Oxygen|
|17.4.2||Transport of Carbon dioxide|
|17.5||Regulation of Respiration|
|17.6||Disorders of Respiratory System|
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 17: Chapter Description
Oxygen is utilised by the organisms to indirectly break down nutrient molecules like glucose and to derive energy for performing various activities. Carbon dioxide which is harmful is also released during the above catabolic reactions. The important concepts of this chapter are Respiratory Gases, Respiratory Centre, Respiratory Disorders, Kinds of Respiration, Breathing and Pulmonary Ventilation and Transport of Oxygen etc.
Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 Breathing and Exchange of Gases is a low weightage chapter. Every year 1 or 2 questions are asked from this chapter – NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Chapter 17. Students will become familiar with terms like TV, IRV, ERV, IC, EC and more. This chapter throws light on the functioning of the different respiratory systems in human beings. It explains the different processes and parts that are essential for respiration.
|NCERT Solutions for 11th Biology Chapter 16||NCERT Solutions for 11th Biology||NCERT Solutions for 11th Biology Chapter 18|
How to Prepare For Biology Chapter 17 Breathing and Exchange of Gases?
Students can prepare for NCERT Solutions For 11th Biology Chapter 17 – Breathing and Exchange of Gases by taking free mock tests and making the best use of Embibe. Taking these mock tests will help you to know where you are standing and the areas you need to improve. By taking these mock tests students can crack their board exams and various competitive exams as well.
Important Questions From CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 17
|1 Mark Important Questions From Breathing and Exchange of Gases|
- Define partial pressure of a gas.
- Name the other pigments which are present in animals besides haemoglobin
- What is the difference between alveolar air and inspired air?
- Define vital capacity.
- What is the role of carbonic anhydrase in RBC’S?
- What is Carbamino haemoglobin?
|2 Mark Important Questions From Breathing and Exchange of Gases|
- Give the role of intercostals muscles in respiration.
- Explain Erythrocytes can carry out anaerobic metabolism only.
- What is the chloride shift? Explain.
- Write a note on bronchitis and its prevention.
- Describe the transport of O2 and CO2?
|3 Mark Important Questions From Breathing and Exchange of Gases|
- What is hypoxia, artificial hypoxia & anaemic hypoxia?
- How is respiration regulated?
- Explain the mechanism of breathing in humans.
- Define oxygen dissociation curve? Why it has a sigmoidal pattern?
- Differentiate between vital lung capacity and total lung capacity.
|5 Mark Important Questions From Breathing and Exchange of Gases|
- Describe the transport mechanism of CO2?
- Describe in brief the respiratory organs of a man.
- Explain how our heart muscles get a continuous supply of atmospheric oxygen?
We hope this detailed article on NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 has helped you. If you have any query regarding this article, drop your questions in the comment box below. We will get back to you at the earliest.606 Views