CBSE Syllabus For Class 6 Maths 2021-22: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) follows one syllabus nationwide for its subjects. The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is the approving authority for the CBSE syllabus.
Here you can find a detailed breakdown of the CBSE Syllabus for Class 6 Maths. The syllabus is designed in such a way that it will help the students conveniently study the topics. The syllabus is designed by experts with the consideration of each and every basic mathematical concept. The syllabus includes topics such as Numbers, Geometrical Ideas, Decimals, Data handling etc. Students can download the CBSE maths syllabus for class 6 in PDF format here.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 6 Maths 2021-22
The CBSE Syllabus For Class 6 Maths for the year 2021-22 introduces its students to the basic concepts of Mathematics. You can download the CBSE Class 6 syllabus for maths in PDF format here. The syllabus begins from the chapter called Knowing Our Numbers and ends with the chapter called Practical Geometry. The First section introduces the students to various complex series of numbers like thousands to trillions etc. To understand further, please read the detailed explanation for each section given below:
|Chapter No||Chapter Name||NCERT Solutions|
|Chapter 1||Knowing Our Numbers||Click Here|
|Chapter 2||Whole Numbers||Click Here|
|Chapter 3||Playing With Numbers||Click Here|
|Chapter 4||Basic Geometrical Ideas||Click Here|
|Chapter 5||Understanding Elementary Shapes||Click Here|
|Chapter 6||Integers||Click Here|
|Chapter 7||Fractions||Click Here|
|Chapter 8||Decimals||Click Here|
|Chapter 9||Data Handling||Click Here|
|Chapter 10||Mensuration||Click Here|
|Chapter 11||Algebra||Click Here|
|Chapter 12||Ratio and Proportion||Click Here|
|Chapter 13||Symmetry||Click Here|
|Chapter 14||Practical Geometry||Click Here|
CBSE Syllabus For Class 6 Maths: Chapter Wise Explanations
Let’s have a detailed look at CBSE Syllabus for Class 6 maths. In this section, we have explained chapters in a brief manner so that students know what are the chapters and concepts they need to be focusing on.
- Knowing Our Numbers- This section is designed to make students aware of various complex values of the number. The section includes numbers like Millions, billions, etc. Students also learn to variate numbers, compare them etc. Apart from that, the chapter includes the study of complex numbers, estimate sum, the difference between the numbers etc. The section introduces the students with numbers like 1,00,000 etc.
- Whole Numbers- As the name reflects, the chapter includes the study of whole numbers, their concepts, and features. It talks about the properties of the whole numbers, the patterns in a series of the whole numbers etc. The chapter also introduces the students to topics like number line and working on the number line. Concepts like the predecessor, successor are also an important part of the chapter.
- Playing with Numbers- The chapter talks about the concepts like Factors and multiples, prime and composite numbers, factors and common multiples, prime factorization, HCF and LCM etc. The chapter also introduces the students with other important concepts like divisibility of numbers, prime factorization etc.
- Basic Geometrical Ideas- The section is designed to make students aware of basic geometry. It talks about the sections like parallel lines, Ray, curves, polygons, angles, triangles, circles etc. The purpose of this subject is to make sure that students get the basic idea about future geometrical problems. It will help them in building a strong foundation for themselves to respective of the Geometry subject.
- Understanding Elementary Shapes– This section of the study introduces the students to various designs and shapes included in the maths. The section provides the basic knowledge of the shapes and designs which can be useful for the tougher syllabuses in the advanced classes. Some important topics which are included under the chapter are Line Segments, Right and straight angles, Acute, Obtuse and Reflex angles, Perpendicular angles, Polygons etc.
- Integers- This is a section that includes fun learning. The chapter includes points like Tag me with a sign, Integers, Ordering of integers, Addition of integers etc.
- Fractions- The 7th chapter of the subject includes topics like Fraction on Number line, Proper fractions, equivalent fractions, like fractions, comparing like or unlike fractions, adding or subtracting like fractions etc.
- Decimals- This portion of the study first introduces and talks about the value of decimal in numbers. Later the level increases up to the uses of decimals in tenths, hundredths etc. Another part of the chapter makes sure that you learn about the application of the decimals in real-life applications like Money and weight etc.
- Data Handling– The chapter includes various activities related to the graph data. It introduces the students to the concepts of recording, drawing, and the organization of the graphical data. The students learn about calculating the values with the help of the data into the pictograph form.
- Mensuration- This part of the study includes calculating various designs and figures with the help of their area and volume. The purpose of the chapter is to make students aware of the tools which can be helpful for them into various kind of measurement activities for the shapes and the designs. Under this chapter, the students learn about topics like perimeter, measurement of the perimeter, area, area of a rectangle etc.
- Algebra– This is the beginning portion of the Algebra chapter for the students. The syllabus is designed to introduce you with algebra, its uses in the mathematical problems etc. You will get to know about various matchstick problems, various uses of variables in the common, expressions, expressions with variables and using expressions practically. Some portions of Algebra will be based on an equation and its solution.
- Ratio and Proportion- This chapter will be based on the introduction of the ratio concepts and the uses. Ratio and Proportion will be defined separately and then students will learn about the relations between them. The conclusion of the chapter will have the examples for ratio and proportion both concept and the study of the unitary method.
- Symmetry- The chapter will be based on the symmetries and its applications in real life. The chapter will begin with the basic introduction and then the discussion will be about Ink Blot Devils. Later, the study of figures with multiple lines of symmetry, reflection and symmetry etc. The purpose of this chapter is to make students familiar with the concepts of the Symmetry so that the future syllabus related to the symmetry concept can be familiar.
- Practical Geometry- Practical Geometry covers all the fundamentals of drawing various geometrical shapes. In this chapter, we will be discussing different geometrical tools and their uses. Some of the Mathematical instruments used to construct shapes are Graduated Ruler, Compasses, Divider, Set-Square and a Protractor. Here in this chapter students will be learning about step by step procedure to Constructing an angle, constructing a bisector and constructing a line segment.
As you know that the CBSE Syllabus for Class 6 Maths is a combination of 14 various chapters, each chapter has its own practice portion. It is advised for you to go through the previous year question papers and solve the equations. The practice will be helpful for you in memorizing various concepts and improve problem-solving speed. Moreover, students can download the CBSE class 6 maths syllabus in PDF format here for free.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on CBSE Syllabus for Class 6 Maths
Q.1. How can students score good marks in CBSE Maths for Class 6?
Ans: To score good marks in CBSE Maths for Class 6, the students are advised to go through the previous year question papers and solve the equations. The practice will be helpful for students in memorizing various concepts and improve problem-solving speed.
Q.2. Is CBSE Syllabus enough to prepare for the Class 6 exams?
Ans: Yes, CBSE books are more than enough to prepare for CBSE class 6 exams. However, students can refer to the NCERT Solutions provided by Embibe to have a better understanding of the concept.
Q.3. How many chapters are included in CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus?
Ans: There are a total of 14 chapters in the CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus.
Q.4. Is the CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus available offline?
Ans: Yes, students can download the CBSE class 6 maths syllabus in PDF format at Embibe for free.
Q.5. What is the importance of the CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus?
Ans: The CBSE Class 6 Maths syllabus is designed to prepare a strong base so that students do not face any issues in the higher classes. The syllabus is very important if you are planning to appear for various competitive exams like NTSE and Olympiads.
We hope that our article on CBSE Syllabus For Class 6 Maths was useful for you. If you have any query or feedback to share with us, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you within a very short time. Meanwhile, we are winding up this article with best wishes for you on behalf of the whole team of Embibe.7061 Views