Current Affairs Quiz for August 16, 2019: This section covers the GK and Daily Current Affairs Quiz with MCQs on National Affairs, International Affairs, Economy, Banking Affairs, Polity, Geography, Environment, Sports, etc. for competitive examinations viz. UPSC, SSC, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, IBPS, Railways, Government Jobs, UPPSC, MPSC, and other state exams. This current affairs quiz will help you in the General Awareness section conducted in various Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, and other govt job entrance exams. Current affairs quiz will also help you outshine in the crowd with all the information you gain from this article.
So, follow our Current affairs quiz daily to crack any kind of competitive exams you come across in India. Wait no more and let’s take today’s Current affairs quiz.
Current Affairs Quiz for 16/08/2019
1. India observed its ______ year of Independence on 15th August 2019.
2. Who is the highest-paid bank chief executive for the fiscal FY19?
(A) Aditya Puri
(B) Amitabh Chaudhry
(C) Uday Kotak
(D) Sandeep Bakhshi
(E) Ravneet Gill
3. When is World Sanskrit Divas 2019 celebrated?
(A) 13th August
(B) 14th August
(D) 16th August
(E) 17th August
4. When was the organ donation day celebrated?
(A) 10th August
(B) 13th August
(C) 14th August
(D) 15th August
(E) 17th August
5. Which journalist has been awarded this year’s Prem Bhatia Award for Outstanding Political Reporting?
(A) Arnab Goswami
(B) Rahul Kanwal
(C) Barkha Dutt
(D) Rajdeep Sardesai
(E) Sudhir Chaudhary
6. Which bank has become the world’s first bank to offer negative interest rate home loan?
(A) Jutlander Bank
(B) Jyske Bank
(D) Spar Nord
(E) Standard Chartered
7. The Central Board of Direct Taxes has decided to attach a DIN to each of its communication. What does DIN denote?
(A) Debt Instrument Number
(B) Data Information Number
(C) Documentation Identification Number
(D) Deposit Instrument Number
(E) Data Identification Number
8. The 5th International Army Scout Masters Competition has been won by which team?
9. What is the name of the operation launched by Indian Railways to verify unauthorized parking in its premises?
(A) Operation Parking in Railways
(B) Operation Railways
(C) Operation Parking
(D) Operation Number Plate
(E) Operation Reserved Parking
10. Which dignitary has inaugurated the New lighting system of the Parliament House?
(A) Amit Shah
(B) Om Birla
(C) Narendra Modi
(D) Ram Nath Kovind
(E) Rajnath Singh
11. What is the declining percent of paddy stubble burning in 2018?
12. The 3-day Global Investors Summit 2019 will be held in which city?
(A) Jammu and Kashmir(J&K)
(B) New Delhi
13. Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co Ltd has signed up with which bank to provide insurance products?
(A) State Bank of India
(B) HDFC Bank
(C) ICICI Bank
(D) Axis Bank
(E) Yes Bank
14. Which entity of Indian Navy has signed MoU with Cochin International Airport Limited for the commencing of air operations?
(A) Naval Air Enclave
(B) Naval Air Entity
(C) Naval Air Agency
(D) Naval Air Aircraft
(E) None of the above
15. Which temple offering has received the Geographical Identity tag recently?
(A) Ney Murukku of Tiruvarur temple
(B) Special Pongal of Thirukkannapuram temple
(C) Panchamirtham of Palani Dandayutha Swamy temple
(D) Cooked Rice with Jeeraka of Madurai Chidambaram temple
(E) Laddu Prasadam at Tirupati temple
To provide you with the satisfaction of overall coverage on current affairs, our GK team at Embibe are crafting these most important GK questions and answers on a daily basis from the events around the world. This current affairs quiz will ensure that you have not left any important questions behind for the day. The explanation provided in the Current affairs quiz for each question will help you memorize the answer better, preparing you for the time in need. Irrespective of the exam, this Current affairs quiz will help you jog your memory any time, any place.
We hope you are satisfied with today’s current affairs quiz since the main purpose of this Current affairs quiz is to help you reach your goal. If you have any doubts concerning the current affairs quiz or GK Questions mentioned above, feel free to drop a comment in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.196 Views