LIC AAO Books: Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), the largest insurance company in India, has released the LIC AAO 2019 notification for the recruitment of 590 Assistant Administrative Officers (AAO). LIC AAO is a highly prestigious job and is one of the best entry-level jobs in the insurance sector. Apart from the high salary, there are other benefits of becoming an LIC AAO, including great growth opportunities. As a result, this is one of the most competitive exams in India.
Clearing LIC AAO needs one to have a clear idea about the LIC AAO exam pattern and LIC AAO syllabus. Also, you must have the best resources – study material and LIC AAO books for your preparation. In this article, we will provide you with the list of best LIC AAO books. Read on to find out.
Best LIC AAO Books Every Aspirant Must Have
For your LIC AAO preparation, you must select the LIC AAO books in such a way that the books cover the whole syllabus and have a sufficient number of LIC AAO practice questions. We have made the task easier for you and listed the best LIC AAO books in this article.
As you know, the LIC AAO recruitment has three stages, namely, Prelims, Mains, and Interview. The LIC AAO Preliminary exam has three sections:
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
The Main exam has five sections which are as under:
- Reasoning Ability
- General Awareness & Current Affairs
- Data Analysis & Interpretation (For Generalists)/Professional Knowledge (For IT/Chartered Accountant/Actuarial/Rajbhasha)
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness
- Descriptive Test: English Language (Letter writing & Essay)/Knowledge of Language for Rajbhasha
Let us now look at the best LIC AAO books for each of these sections:
LIC AAO Books For Reasoning Ability
The best books for the Reasoning Ability section LIC AAO exam are tabulated below:
Best LIC AAO Books For Reasoning Ability
|1. Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning – RS Aggarwal|
|2. Logical and Analytical Reasoning (English) 1st Edition – AK Gupta|
|3. A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal (English) 1st Edition – BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwal|
LIC AAO Books For Quantitative Aptitude
The best books for the Quantitative Aptitude section of LIC AAO exam are as under:
Best LIC AAO Books For Quantitative Aptitude
|1. Quantitative Aptitude – RS Agarwal|
|2. Quantitative Aptitude – Arun Sharma|
|3. Quicker Mathematics – M Tyra|
LIC AAO Books For English Language
The best books for the English Language section of LIC AAO exam are as under:
|Best LIC AAO Books For English Language|
|1. English Grammar – Wren & Martin|
|2. Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis|
|3. Objective General English – SP Bakshi|
For the English Language section, you must also read English newspapers and books to learn new words, their meanings, and usage.
LIC AAO Books For General Awareness & Current Affairs
The best books for the General Awareness & Current Affairs section are tabulated below:
|Best LIC AAO Books For General Awareness & Current Affairs|
|1. NCERT History, Geography, Political Science Books|
|2. Year Book by any Publication|
|3. Lucent’s General Knowledge|
Other LIC AAO Study Material
Apart from the books mentioned above, you have to refer to the following material:
- For Data Analysis & Interpretation section (for Generalist), you need to have a strong command over the elementary mathematics. You need to be extremely good at analysis, critical thinking, and calculations. So, the books for Quantitative Aptitude will help you. In addition, candidates can refer to Data Analysis and Interpretation by Arun Sharma.
- For Professional Knowledge section (for IT/Chartered Accountant/Actuarial), candidates have to refer to the same books that they used for the qualifying examination for that post.
- For Professional Knowledge section of LIC AAO Main exam (for Rajbhasha), knowledge of the language and grammar of the selected language is a must.
- For Insurance & Financial Market Awareness section, candidates must read newspapers daily, especially the Finance, Business and Economics pages, for the latest news, events, policies, etc. regarding the same.
- For Descriptive Test, candidates must work on their writing skills. For English Language, candidates must be aware of social, political, economic, and cultural issues, based on which essays might be asked. Candidates must also be aware of the different formats of letter writing.
Remember, you must understand all the concepts and memorize the various facts, rules, formulas, etc. Solving a sufficient number of questions for every topic is a must to master application skills.
Also, once you have finished the whole LIC AAO syllabus, you must take LIC AAO mock tests. This will help you build your concentration and stamina – you will get used to the pressure of taking an exam. Also, taking mock tests and analyzing your paper will help you identify the gaps in your conceptual knowledge, problem-solving abilities, and time management. You can then work on them and rectify them before the actual exam.
We hope this detailed article on Best Books For LIC AAO 2018 helps you. If you have any query regarding LIC AAO books or the exam in general, ping us and we will help you out.